KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS) vs Darth Maul (SoD)

Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS) vs Darth Maul (SoD)
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

I'm not doing the full on debate as I'm leaving that to Ant.

But in summary:

Filoni credits Maul for doing well beating Kenobi in Revenge due to the major disadvantages Maul faced. He says Kenobi couldn't win because he was in the wrong mind set. End of.

Filoni acknowledges Maul was still majorly disadvantaged in Revival. He says Maul, then later Maul+Opress couldn't defeat a Kenobi in the right mind set especially after the extra boost of focus he reached after Adi's death.

Given how clear Filoni made it that Maul's velociraptor legs limited his mobility, it goes without saying he'd be Even More limited in a cave environment. Yes Kenobi had the disadvantage of being outnumbered. But I don't accept his fighting style was a disadvantage. He seemed to mix up the best of all his combat moves, and Filoni pretty much confirmed that was a peak performance for him given his intense level of focus to right the wrong done to Adi.

It's funny how you always mention your favorite characters are pre-prime, but ignore that their opponents are as well.

S4 Savage was Pre-Prime, given he hadn't been trained by Maul yet, and Dooku even points out he's gaining power every day. Not sure how you decided S4 Ventress was pre-prime, but alas given Savage was pre-prime it wouldn't matter.

Likewise S5 Kenobi was pre-ROTS prime I guess, though I'm not sure how much he improved from S5 to ROTS in Canon. But Maul was still in recovery in S5 as per Filoni. So of course he was also pre-prime. He was gaining power (as noted by Savage), he was still in recovery, and his more human sized legs would allow him to properly utilize his acrobatics and martial arts (essential part of his fighting style) as confirmed by Filoni.

I also find it amusing how vague statements by Filoni, which are not clear cut or expanded upon at all, are treated as word of god by you in favor of your preferred characters, but his more clear cut statements in favor of characters you argue against are almost brushed aside by you.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 15th, 2017 at 12:09 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 12:06 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I'm not doing the full on debate as I'm leaving that to Ant.

But in summary:

Filoni credits Maul for doing well beating Kenobi in Revenge due to the major disadvantages Maul faced. He says Kenobi couldn't win because he was in the wrong mind set. End of.

Filoni acknowledges Maul was still majorly disadvantaged in Revival. He says Maul, then later Maul+Opress couldn't defeat a Kenobi in the right mind set especially after the extra boost of focus he reached after Adi's death.

Given how clear Filoni made it that Maul's velociraptor legs limited his mobility, it goes without saying he'd be Even More limited in a cave environment. Yes Kenobi had the disadvantage of being outnumbered. But I don't accept his fighting style was a disadvantage. He seemed to mix up the best of all his combat moves, and Filoni pretty much confirmed that was a peak performance for him given his intense level of focus to right the wrong done to Adi.

It's funny how you always mention your favorite characters are pre-prime, but ignore that their opponents are as well.

S4 Savage was Pre-Prime, given he hadn't been trained by Maul yet, and Dooku even points out he's gaining power every day. Not sure how you decided S4 Ventress was pre-prime, but alas given Savage was pre-prime it wouldn't matter.

Likewise S5 Kenobi was pre-ROTS prime I guess, though I'm not sure how much he improved from S5 to ROTS in Canon. But Maul was still in recovery in S5 as per Filoni. So of course he was also pre-prime. He was gaining power (as noted by Savage), he was still in recovery, and his more human sized legs would allow him to properly utilize his acrobatics and martial arts (essential part of his fighting style) as confirmed by Filoni.

I also find it amusing how vague statements by Filoni, which are not clear cut or expanded upon at all, are treated as word of god by you in favor of your preferred characters, but his more clear cut statements in favor of characters you argue against are almost brushed aside by you.

1. If Maul I still in recovery, that's only going to lower where he'd reached as of sod.

2. Any way this "end of" is just a hilarious way to ignore context you don't like. We don't ignore evidence from one source because another source highlights different evidence. And Feloni has specified Kenobi's mental state was wrecked whenhe was ambushed before getting the snot beaten out of him. Not to Mention Feloni decided to set aside two minuites, just to focus on Kenobi getting the snot beat out of him. Kenobi had disadvantages both times as di Maul, however aside from maul's use of dun mohc, which came by virtue of exposing a comprosimed physical and mental state, Kenobi's always come out ahead despite having much more time to grow than Maul did.

3, And you can drop the accusations of me "brushing aside" crap. I have acknowledged Maul's hindrances multiple times, your need to attack a strawmen is telling of the rather difficult stance you're trying to argue. Naturally in order to give an impression that things are more even than they are, you've decided to continuously downplay the obvious hindrances that Kenobi faced.

4. Your double standards are rather obvious everytime you try to pass off Kenobi getting ko'd twiceand beaten to the point he can barely stand as a minor detail because Feloni decided to dedicate time in the actual source material to it rather than explicitly specify something that he didn't bother to show(maul's legs ect.)

5. I'm not going to ignore that though, because unlike you I'm not going to try and engage in doubles standards just because an objective analysis yields results that aren't favorable to my character,

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 03:06 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Ooh I sense some butt hurt in that post:

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
1. If Maul I still in recovery, that's only going to lower where he'd reached as of sod.

Urmm because he'll obviously be a much better combatant once he's fully (or mostly) recovered...

2. Any way this "end of" is just a hilarious way to ignore context you don't like. We don't ignore evidence from one source because another source highlights different evidence. And Feloni has specified Kenobi's mental state was wrecked whenhe was ambushed before getting the snot beaten out of him. Not to Mention Feloni decided to set aside two minuites, just to focus on Kenobi getting the snot beat out of him. Kenobi had disadvantages both times as di Maul, however aside from maul's use of dun mohc, which came by virtue of exposing a comprosimed physical and mental state, Kenobi's always come out ahead despite having much more time to grow than Maul did.

Addressing the main points below, but Kenobi is coming out only slightly ahead when Maul has faced seriously severe disadvantages next to Kenobi's much more minor and easily rectified disadvantages.

3, And you can drop the accusations of me "brushing aside" crap. I have acknowledged Maul's hindrances multiple times, your need to attack a strawmen is telling of the rather difficult stance you're trying to argue. Naturally in order to give an impression that things are more even than they are, you've decided to continuously downplay the obvious hindrances that Kenobi faced.

You are brushing it aside when you're trying to equate a slapping around to getting new legs and not having fought in 10+ years.

You are brushing it aside by trying to prove fighting "with a secondary style" (not canon by the way) is worse than being in recovery from having a severe physical disability with prosthetic legs which are seriously limiting your fighting style.

You're brushing aside because you're basically equating confirmed disadvantages supported by creator statements to the disadvantages you've mostly decided upon yourself.

4. Your double standards are rather obvious everytime you try to pass off Kenobi getting ko'd twiceand beaten to the point he can barely stand as a minor detail because Feloni decided to dedicate time in the actual source material to it rather than explicitly specify something that he didn't bother to show(maul's legs ect.)

Please do tell where I've shown double standards. Do you actually know what double standard means?

I've repeatedly and tirelessly explained (with examples from Filoni canon) why Kenobi getting KO'd beforehand pretty much is insignificant next to the severe physical challenges Maul was facing.

5. I'm not going to ignore that though, because unlike you I'm not going to try and engage in doubles standards just because an objective analysis yields results that aren't favorable to my character,

Addressed. And way to turn my own accusations back onto me.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 12:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

^ Ooh I sense some butt hurt in that post

You don't sense it, you have a brain and thus can see obvious things.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 05:35 PM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Worst thread possible. Maul haters and Maul wankers crying

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 03:08 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateMuesli

Originally posted by chingchangwalla

we haven't missed you idiot

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 05:26 AM
Click here to Send ChocolateMuesli a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateMuesli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ChocolateMuesli
we haven't missed you idiot

Who are you

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 07:06 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateMuesli

not chingchangwalla

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 07:10 AM
Click here to Send ChocolateMuesli a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateMuesli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Ha! I actually found this funny

It's true there is a level of butthurt on both sides.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 08:31 AM
MythLord
Diamond

This was supposed to be between Ant and Rocky, yet filthy scum from both brigades came in and ruined it.

I'm hijacking this thread:
Trump is a white supremacist?

Discuss.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 08:35 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

Yes, and it's a good thing too. White people are the best.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 08:38 AM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

Ha! I actually found this funny

It's true there is a level of butthurt on both sides.

The only butthurt I see here is from the Maul haters. And in gigantic amounts.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 08:52 AM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by MythLord
This was supposed to be between Ant and Rocky, yet filthy scum from both brigades came in and ruined it.

I'm hijacking this thread:

Discuss.

Maul has a brigade?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 09:01 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MythLord

I wish

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 09:24 AM
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by thesithmaster

Maul 'skeptics' love to point out his embarrassing encounters with padawans and almost getting his face bitten off by a dog and that's all relevant. I need some convincing that Maul is still a somewhat decent combatant, where is ILS...?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 09:31 AM
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Unbowed
Yes, and it's a good thing too. White people are the best.

But whitey stole everything from us blacks! We wuz building pyramids n shiet! We wuz goin to da moon! But whitey oppressed us with their Jew friends, just ask Louis Farrakhan!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 09:35 AM
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

Maul 'skeptics' love to point out his embarrassing encounters with padawans and almost getting his face bitten off by a dog and that's all relevant. I need some convincing that Maul is still a somewhat decent combatant, where is ILS...?

He got cheap-shotted by a Padawan. That Padawan was made into a joke even when his Master was there in the actual fight.

Maul was cheap-shotted by a dog whose species managed to kill a Jedi Master by biting his neck and throwing him around. Everyone in Star Wars has had cheap-shot humiliations.

Convincing? Maul is a tier 8. Given that's a "cheat" tier, above tier seven, which includes only 0.1% of the Jedi Order. And making Qui-Gon+Kenobi into a joke. Stomping four MagnaGuards. This got you convinced?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 10:14 AM
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

He got cheap-shotted by a Padawan. That Padawan was made into a joke even when his Master was there in the actual fight.

Maul was cheap-shotted by a dog whose species managed to kill a Jedi Master by biting his neck and throwing him around. Everyone in Star Wars has had cheap-shot humiliations.

Convincing? Maul is a tier 8. Given that's a "cheat" tier, above tier seven, which includes only 0.1% of the Jedi Order. And making Qui-Gon+Kenobi into a joke. Stomping four MagnaGuards. This got you convinced?

No, honestly.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 10:16 AM
Darth Thor

There is obviously butthurt from us Maul fans as well on the way Filoni has treated the character in Rebels.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 11:47 AM
Unbowed

Maul has a brigade?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 02:33 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote