KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Sam Witwer on Maul and Vader

Sam Witwer on Maul and Vader
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Sam Witwer on Maul and Vader

Q: How aware is Maul of Vader?

A: He's definitely been keeping tabs on Vader. One of the thing we always keep in mind that Dave used to lament when working on The Clone Wars is that Vader is the ultimate. I remember Dave saying to me, "you know, part of the challenge is that the bad guys in our show, we want to make them tough, and some of them we want to make them really tough and unbeatable, but they're up against Darth Vader." I mean, he's Anakin Skywalker at this point, but it's still Darth Vader. So at this point (Rebels), the bad guys have the MVP, and Maul, at some level, would be thinking dismissively, "oh, well why this guy?" and on another level would be very afraid. He would be like, "oh, I don't really want to test myself against this Vader guy." Because not only would he be curious as to why Palpatine would pick this guy, but Maul would know quite a lot about Vader through his spying and this and that and would realize how capable this guy is.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Aug 21st, 2017 at 01:36 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 01:34 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul's dead no one cares

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 01:43 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Re: Sam Witwer on Maul and Vader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Q: How aware is Maul of Vader?

He isn't aware of Vader, he's deaderm

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 01:45 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Nice find, but nothing new here. Vader is a beast, Maul is dead, and Quan is still in denial.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 04:05 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Re: Re: Sam Witwer on Maul and Vader

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
He isn't aware of Vader, he's deaderm

If you had the capacity to think critically, you'd realize this is before Maul was killed.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 04:35 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Re: Re: Re: Sam Witwer on Maul and Vader

If you had the capacity to think critically, you'd realize this is before Maul was killed.

You're no fun Ant sad

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 06:10 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: Sam Witwer on Maul and Vader

but they're up against Darth Vader." I mean, he's Anakin Skywalker at this point, but it's still Darth Vader.

Seems like they never saw much difference between TCW Anakin and OT Vader in terms of combat level.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 07:27 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Seems like they never saw much difference between TCW Anakin and OT Vader in terms of combat level.

That's some reaching right there

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 08:38 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Seems like

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 10:08 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I actually got the same vibe, from that and some other things that Filoni has said.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 02:48 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote