KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Rank the Following Above-Vader Force-Users

Rank the Following Above-Vader Force-Users
Started by: Geistalt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChocolateMuesli

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Hey sithmaster, you found that evidence for Zonakin being >Knightfall Anakin you said you had?

Mind posting it? smile

One beat Dooku, the other lost to Obi-Wan?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 07:07 PM
Click here to Send ChocolateMuesli a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateMuesli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by thesithmaster
If you're much better than someone, then you need to be at least as strong as them. Vader was no longer as strong as Sidious in the Force. He was weaker. What George was trying to say was that after Vader was crippled he lost lots of his Force potential, and that Vader was weaker than Sidious. So, no longer stronger than Sidious, not even as strong as Sidious. It's not rocket science.

Uh.. What? Lol

He was no longer as strong as Sidious, implying he was before. Not that complicated.

Last edited by Rebel95 on Aug 24th, 2017 at 08:38 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 08:36 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

Originally posted by Rebel95
Uh.. What? Lol

He was no longer as strong as Sidious, implying he was before. Not that complicated.

In the Force, as in Force potential. Not actualized power.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 10:02 PM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by thesithmaster
In the Force, as in Force potential. Not actualized power.

Where does it say that

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 10:04 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Rebel95
Where does it say that

Nowhere. Additionally, Sithmaster implying that Anakin and Sidious having on par potential is laughable.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 11:33 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Nowhere. Additionally, Sithmaster implying that Anakin and Sidious having on par potential is laughable.

When did I imply this? I never said they were as strong. But looking at the context of the quote, it's clearly talking about potential, how Sidious wanted this guy who WOULD become more powerful than him, but how Obi-Wan stopped that on Mustafar, where Vader wasn't stronger than Sidious, heck- he was no longer even as strong as Sidious. It's not talking about actualized power.
This is becoming repetitive. You try to claim what I say is pathetic and laughable and that I "got schooled" just because I disagree with you, but yet again failed.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 11:49 PM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

When it says that Sidious wanted a guy who would become more powerful than him, it's talking about Anakin's potential, yeah. But then he goes on to say that Anakin was no longer as strong as Sidious after his injuries, which is implying that Anakin was his equal before. It's not talking about his potential here because otherwise he would have said he was no longer stronger than Sidious.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 02:21 AM
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

That, plus GL said he could've been "twice as good as the Emperor."

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 08:30 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Shitty lists.

Yoda and Palpatine (as of ROTS) do not seem capable of ravaging entire worlds with their powers. Palpatine wasn't even as of DE in a short span. Now some would assert that they are ranked above Darth Nihilus in the books but they fail to comprehend the bigger picture - they have relatively superior control and understanding of the ways of Force [conventionally speaking] but they do not match Darth Nihilus in destructive applications of the Force because such power was the byproduct of his hunger condition and not his conventional strengths - JM Kriea clearly remarked that Darth Nihilus is not powerful in conventional ways but his condition sets him apart from others.

Abeloth and Valkorion are two Force-users who matched Darth Nihilus in destructive applications of the Force with sheer raw power.

People treating Valkorion like some conventional guy - is absurd.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Aug 25th, 2017 at 11:48 AM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 11:33 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

bump

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 01:34 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

1.Knightfall Vader
2.Valkorion
3.Luke Skywalker.
4.Darth Sidious.
5.Yoda.
6.Plagueis.
7.Exar Kun.
8.Outlander.
9.Revan.
10.Vaylin
11.Krayt.
12.Caedus.

I could go further, and I'm not even including the Ancient Sith or Darth Malak.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 03:12 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Some of these folk aren't even above Vader to begin with.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 04:08 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayne
Revanite

Such as...?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 04:13 AM
Click here to Send slayne a Private Message Find more posts by slayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

By some, he means everyone except Luke and Sidious.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 04:24 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayne
Revanite

Goddamn.

Really interested to hear the case for this, tbh.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 04:30 AM
Click here to Send slayne a Private Message Find more posts by slayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

The fact that he's just above Karness Muur, being generous, doesn't bode well.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 05:46 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by slayne
Goddamn.

Really interested to hear the case for this, tbh.

Interesting. A person who is actually willing to hear somebody else out instead of instantly flinging out condescending pseudo-smart mockery for not agreeing with their head canon. Good work, keep it up. thumb up

Basically it boils down to statements about Vader's power, not necessarily his feats, so it's understandably be hard for people to seriously consider the idea he's beyond the likes of Valkorion. After all, it is a psychological need for most people to have something shown rather than told to accept it, which is where the saying "Show, don't tell!" in storytelling originates from.

But alas, facts are facts, and we must entertain them as such without our bias or preconceived notions of what a Star Wars power hierarchy should be getting in the way. Conclusions should be based on the evidence; the evidence shouldn't be cherry-picked to suit the conclusion.

I'll make my case soon.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 03:54 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Azronger
Interesting. A person who is actually willing to hear somebody else out instead of instantly flinging out condescending pseudo-smart mockery for not agreeing with their head canon. Good work, keep it up. thumb up

Basically it boils down to statements about Vader's power, not necessarily his feats, so it's understandably be hard for people to seriously consider the idea he's beyond the likes of Valkorion. After all, it is a psychological need for most people to have something shown rather than told to accept it, which is where the saying "Show, don't tell!" in storytelling originates from.

But alas, facts are facts, and we must entertain them as such without our bias or preconceived notions of what a Star Wars power hierarchy should be getting in the way. Conclusions should be based on the evidence; the evidence shouldn't be cherry-picked to suit the conclusion.

I'll make my case soon.

I could buy Vader > the ancient sith except Valkorion, but some like Caedus are explicitly more powerful than Vader, and for others like Krayt it's pretty obvious to me given his performance against Abeloth. But I look forward to your case.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 03:55 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

His case is about as real as the imaginary rebuttal he had for my Sidious nexus junkie post.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 04:00 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Sorry AP, I ain't gonna deal with your dishonest bullshit unless someone actually buys it - which nobody did

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 04:02 PM