KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Malak > Kun Quote - Confirmed (Death of Beni?)

Malak > Kun Quote - Confirmed (Death of Beni?)
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

(I have another post on the last page.)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Far be it for me to take up for Beni of all people, but didn't Leland Chee state RPG stats are based on facts, and that Star Wars authors look to them for knowledge on characters?

There's no issue. The difference in stats is due to system differences across RPGs , not due to retcons.

Dry those tears, Beni. :'(

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 1st, 2017 at 09:59 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 09:51 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Beni's career is over, I guess.

R.I.P.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Also, those stats would presumably reflect non-amped Malak. The quote putting Malak >> Kun is him with the Star Forge.

There's not even a contention of anything, lmfao.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 10:00 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheMuser

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Also, those stats would presumably reflect non-amped Malak. The quote putting Malak >> Kun is him with the Star Forge.

There's not even a contention of anything, lmfao.

The quote isn't specific about it being the SF that put him way beyond Kun. You could argue Base Malak>>>Kun in Power......This is disgusting.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 10:17 PM
Click here to Send TheMuser a Private Message Find more posts by TheMuser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twotter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Beni got destroyed. Imo Kun is still >>> SFMalak, regardless of quotes.

“We defeated the wrong enemy” - General George S. Patton, Berlin 1945

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 10:22 PM
Click here to Send twotter a Private Message Find more posts by twotter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by TheMuser
The quote isn't specific about it being the SF that put him way beyond Kun. You could argue Base Malak>>>Kun in Power......This is disgusting.

Well, I mean, that's the obvious implication, although if you want to put base Malak >>> Kun, be my guest.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 1st, 2017 at 10:28 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 10:24 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I thought quotes were disputable ant?

Anyway this is nice for mace hype, since he scales of Revan Reborn smile

Though I seriously wouldn't take this seriously

It's kind of pathetic how long it took you to finally give Beni an L though, given your obsession with him and all sad

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 10:59 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Ant's not even advocating its' validity. He's just saying that as subjective evidence it's indicative to him that Malak isn't far off from Kun.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 11:02 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I thought quotes were disputable ant?

Hence why I don't have Revan on par with Yoda right about now.

Your precedent to dispute this particular quote though is next to non-existent, though.

quote:
Anyway this is nice for mace hype, since he scales of Revan Reborn smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJO3ROT-A4E&t=0m10s

Well, actually, we all know what for. thumb up

quote:
Though I seriously wouldn't take this seriously

Seriously seriously? Or just seriously?

quote:
It's kind of pathetic how long it took you to finally give Beni an L though, given your obsession with him and all sad

Regretfully I didn't have the author in my closet so I could just pull him out and get this confirmation from him nigh-instantly.

Not that Beni had any legitimate case once I mentioned Oricon, which was within a few hours of the debate opener.

Seems you have an obsession with me, regardless. This entire post was ranting to me about X, Y, and Z.

Anywho, it's OK to be wrong - unless you're Bantha's parents (as the saying goes). thumb up

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 1st, 2017 at 11:13 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 11:09 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by twotter
Beni got destroyed. Imo Kun is still >>> SFMalak, regardless of quotes.

Why, if I may ask?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 11:22 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Because Malak's a massive loser.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 11:42 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

sad

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 11:50 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Hence why I don't have Revan on par with Yoda right about now.

Yoda gets scaling as an equal off a dude who scales of valk, sith or no sith and has better feats/hype, but I commend you for your common sense.
Your precedent to dispute this particular quote though is next to non-existent, though.
[/B]

You mean aside from Kun having vastly more impressive feats and scaling? Or the source generally suggesting asinine sh!t.
[/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJO3ROT-A4E&t=0m10s

Well, actually, we all know what for. thumb up

[/b]
[/B]

-> Tries to call someone insecure
-> Exposes one-direction fandom
-> laughing
Seriously seriously? Or just seriously?

[/b]
[/B]

Do you seriously question that I am seriously using the word seriously in a serious manner? sad
Regretfully I didn't have the author in my closet so I could just pull him out and get this confirmation from him nigh-instantly.
[/B]

And yet you felt the need to deny something nobody accused you off. Hiding something Ant? sad
Not that Beni had any legitimate case once I mentioned Oricon, which was within a few hours of the debate opener.
[/B]

I was referring to all of the efforts the tor brigade has made to force beni to take an l during my time here. Congrats on getting a w btw, even if you needed to ask an author to bail you out wink
Seems you have an obsession with me, regardless. This entire post was ranting to me about X, Y, and Z.
[/B]

Don't flatter yourself ant, I'm talkin to you for kicks
Anywho, it's OK to be wrong - unless you're Bantha's parents (as the saying goes). thumb up [/B]

I never actually argued Beni's position either way. I'm just teasing you for personal amusement. Feel free to muster something approaching a comeback if you wish. This banter is boring me now.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 11:52 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

(please log in to view the image)

Jesus Christ.

What I just read was the equivalent of an angry autistic kid doing a Beni impression.

Or, well, Autism the Younger doing an impression of Autism the Elder.

EDIT: Wait, what the **** is a "->"?

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 12:05 AM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 11:58 PM
ThirdReich
Restricted

Account Restricted

Malak sucks ass. This quote is trash

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 11:58 PM
Click here to Send ThirdReich a Private Message Find more posts by ThirdReich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lazybones

Seems like most who are dismissing the quote are doing so based on emotional biases and fallacious reasoning rather than any canonical proof of a retcon. That said, no quote should be seen as absolute gospel, but it should be weighted into rankings at least.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 12:09 AM
Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Nope. KotORCG stats is based on the 2007's Saga Edition. This is based on the 2000's version.

Your argument believes the following sources are non-canon by virtue of retcon:

- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- The Dark Side Sourcebook
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook

Since they are sourcebooks that have stats that don't remotely reflect those posted in the Saga Edition.

So, in short, the fact stats change doesn't mean the character descriptions are void, nor does it mean the earlier stats are null.
confused

The stats given by the WotC article reflected the material in the description, namely:
quote:
Using a mysterious power source as yet undiscovered (complete Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to learn more), Darth Malak possesses extraordinary dark side Force powers out of proportion, in game terms, with his class and level.
The updated edition doesn't include this power, nor the "out of proportion" statistic, evidently because this mysterious power didn't provide him with such a drastic amp. Not had to grasp, it's a retcon. sad

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 12:22 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Beniboybling
confused

The stats given by the WotC article reflected the material in the description, namely: The updated edition doesn't include this power, nor the "out of proportion" statistic, evidently because this mysterious power didn't provide him with such a drastic amp. Not had to grasp, it's a retcon. sad

The "updated edition doesn't include this power" because the updated edition isn't Star Forge amped!Darth Malak.

You've taken so many Ls today it's hard for me to fathom why you'd still want to take more.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 12:25 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Sorry? Neither of the sources state whether it's SF Malak or not kek, and as an RPG, the setting is decided by the player. confused

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 12:33 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I'm having trouble believing that you are actually arguing what you're arguing.

Darth Malak's Wizard of the Coast article is referring to him with the Star Forge boost.

How do we know? Because it has an entire paragraph dedicated to the amp and the boost Malak gets with it:

Enhanced Force Powers -- Using a mysterious power source as yet undiscovered (complete Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to learn more), Darth Malak possesses extraordinary dark side Force powers out of proportion, in game terms, with his class and level. He gained three additional Force feats and 24 bonus skill points exclusively for dark side skills. In any battle, the first Force point Darth Malak spends on a dark side-related roll does not subtract from his total.

KotORCG, on the other hand, decides not to have Star Forge Malak as a potential character - they completely avoid it.

All the characters within the Saga Edition do not feature amps. If you would play Malak on the Star Forge in Saga Edition, you would forgo the amp or cross-reference the amp from WotC into Saga Edition.

You are arguing, somehow, that since KotORCG does not have a paragraph likewise giving conditions for the Star Forge nexus, that not only does that mean no such amp exists, not only that separate roleplaying games are retconed, but canonical character descriptions that are separate from the roleplaying statistics are likewise retconed.

There's no way you believe what you're saying. There's no way.

--- --- ---

I'm glad this gif is on repeat because otherwise it wouldn't reflect your current situation.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 12:47 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 12:44 AM