KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Malak > Kun Quote - Confirmed (Death of Beni?)

Malak > Kun Quote - Confirmed (Death of Beni?)
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Still alive and having fun I take it kiddo? :hmm

Apparently you're gathering an audience

Been like 9 months since I bothered to check up on this fandom, but the hell happened to that Caedus respect thread?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 12:59 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Coming out... Christmas 2017. wink

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I'm having trouble believing that you are actually arguing what you're arguing.

Darth Malak's Wizard of the Coast article is referring to him with the Star Forge boost.

How do we know? Because it has an entire paragraph dedicated to the amp and the boost Malak gets with it:

Enhanced Force Powers -- Using a mysterious power source as yet undiscovered (complete Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to learn more), Darth Malak possesses extraordinary dark side Force powers out of proportion, in game terms, with his class and level. He gained three additional Force feats and 24 bonus skill points exclusively for dark side skills. In any battle, the first Force point Darth Malak spends on a dark side-related roll does not subtract from his total.

KotORCG, on the other hand, decides not to have Star Forge Malak as a potential character - they completely avoid it.

All the characters within the Saga Edition do not feature amps. If you would play Malak on the Star Forge in Saga Edition, you would forgo the amp or cross-reference the amp from WotC into Saga Edition.

You are arguing, somehow, that since KotORCG does not have a paragraph likewise giving conditions for the Star Forge nexus, that not only does that mean no such amp exists, not only that separate roleplaying games are retconed, but canonical character descriptions that are separate from the roleplaying statistics are likewise retconed.

There's no way you believe what you're saying. There's no way.

--- --- ---

(please log in to view the image)

I'm glad this gif is on repeat because otherwise it wouldn't reflect your current situation.
Oh jeebus. Seems your fake victory has gone to your head Tony and impaired your ability to read. laughing out loud

Try giving it another go, bearing in mind this time, that nowhere does it state in that paragraph that his "enhancement" is specific to his presence on the Star Forge. Instead it says, categorically, that "Darth Malak possesses extraordinary dark side Force powers out of proportion, in his game terms, with his class and level." I assume you know what the word categorically means yes?

In other words it's not amp, it's a permanent enhancement, so the fact that it doesn't appear in the KOTORCG, means it doesn't exist. sad

Now I'm off to bed, in the morning I expect to find a more intelligent response. sick

Last edited by Beniboybling on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 01:21 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 01:18 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Somehow you forgot the line directly in front of that, which states, "Using a mysterious power source as yet undiscovered."

"Using a mysterious power source as yet undiscovered."

Meaning that, no, it's not a permanent enhancement - it's a power source that, when used, provides an enhancement.

Ah, it also states that, to find out this power source, we have to play Knights of the Old Republic.

Now, let's all sit around the camp-fire and consider what on Earth could that "mysterious power source" be.

Oh, wait, the Star Forge, which Knights of the Old Republic reveals to give Malak an amp! Right!

Take the ****ing L dude. Your refusal to concede is truly pathetic.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 01:28 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Beni. Do yourself a favor and stop responding.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 01:29 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up

A retarded quote has just become fully canonized thanks to Beni.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 01:30 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

It's almost as if the Star Forge did more than empower Malak when he was on it, and was making him permanently stronger. confused

You guys crack me up. sad

Last edited by Beniboybling on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 01:34 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 01:31 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Honestly Beni, the mark of a great debater is one that can concede when a point he/she was arguing for was debunked.

Your original point was trashed when evidence came out that WotC articles was totally legit, and you moved the goal post again to say it's a retcon - that too, was refuted.

Get over it my nigga.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 01:37 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

This is exciting, since I think this will have to be your final argument before check-mate.

At the moment you're just creating new arguments for them to be dismissed, like a king trying to avoid check.

--- --- ---

Malak was explicit, across multiple lines of dialogue, that the bulk of his amp was only when present on the Star Forge.

For example: "You made a mistake coming here, Revan. The Star Forge fuels my command of the dark side. You are no match for me here."

Thus, even if Malak was permanently amped, which is an unconfirmed stance, mind you, the majority of his enhancement would be on-nexus.

Thus, the Malak that is "far more powerful" than Kun, indeed, is amped, not with a permanent enhancement of such scale. thumb up

--- --- ---

Now, here's the great part: even if it was a permanent enhancement, that would just mean he's far more powerful than Kun off-nexus too.

The only argument you would have for KotORCG stats retconing it would then be to fully accept the base stats as canonical, which you certainly won't do.

Why? Because then Darth Malak vs Darth Sidious, Bastila Shan vs Dooku, and similiar garbage is a legitimate debate (for you). thumb up

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 01:50 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 01:44 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Beni. Do yourself a favor and stop responding.

Ant's wrecking tbh thumb up

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 01:46 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

The only argument you would have for KotORCG stats retconing it would then be to fully accept the base stats as canonical, which you certainly won't do.

Why? Because then Darth Malak vs Darth Sidious, Bastila Shan vs Dooku, and similiar garbage is a legitimate debate (for you). thumb up

Nail in the coffin.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 01:59 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Beni's next thread: Darth Traya and Darth Malak vs Darth Sidious and Yoda.

Poster: Sidious, easily. For example, Sidious has greater strength feats so-

Beni: Wrong. KotORCG retconed that by having Malak > Sidious in physical strength.

I'm almost sad I'm right. I would love this alternate reality where Beni is. thumb up

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 02:05 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Risk game Ant?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 02:08 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I would, but I really need to finish Never Let Me Go for school.

Once summer work dies down, I promise I'll play. thumb up

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 02:10 AM
UCanShootMyNova

:mmmm:

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 02:18 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

This is exciting, since I think this will have to be your final argument before check-mate.

At the moment you're just creating new arguments for them to be dismissed, like a king trying to avoid check.

quote:
Malak was explicit, across multiple lines of dialogue, that the bulk of his amp was only when present on the Star Forge.

For example: "You made a mistake coming here, Revan. The Star Forge fuels my command of the dark side. You are no match for me here."

Thus, even if Malak was permanently amped, which is an unconfirmed stance, mind you, the majority of his enhancement would be on-nexus.

Thus, the Malak that is "far more powerful" than Kun, indeed, is amped, not with a permanent enhancement of such scale. thumb up

Your stupidity is becoming legitimately tiresome.

Malak says repeatedly that on the Star Forge he is at his strongest and nothing more. Nowhere does he ever claim to be powerless when not on it. In fact, the Rakata state that Malak is getting stronger and stronger by siphoning it's energies. Which wouldn't be the case if the SF were just a temporary amp, and even if it somehow was, given the amp would only function in one particular location, Malak might as the well be impotent.

I thought that would be bloody obvious. But evidently not. no expression

Needless to say though this isn't even an argument. Because the article is, once again, categorical in describing the enhancement. Whereas by your reading it should say:

Using a mysterious power source as yet undiscovered (complete Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to learn more), Darth Malak was able to possess extraordinary dark side Force powers out of proportion.

But it doesn't. Does it? sad

quote:
Now, here's the great part: even if it was a permanent enhancement, that would just mean he's far more powerful than Kun off-nexus too.

No I do not you loopy primate. laughing out loud

Here darling, let me explain the argument very clearly:

1. The original article says that Malak had "powers far greater than even Exar Kun or Freedon Nadd".
2. To reflect this Malak was given "out of proportion" ingame stats & abilities
3. Had 1. still been the case come 2008, the aforementioned stats would have remained disproportionate, but they didn't, so evidently, it isn't.

The only premise I need accept here is that Malak's in game stats reflect the canon abilities of his character. By no means does that make them or any other statistics accurate summations of the characters power in and of themselves. Try harder.

P.S. To KMC's Most Saltiest (u know who u are sad )

The point will be conceded when Ant can muster a refutation that doesn't reflect the intellectual capacity of my last bowel movement, or rather, your debating standard.

So in other words, get comfortable. sick

Last edited by Beniboybling on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 09:19 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 09:07 AM
twotter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beniboybling

Your stupidity is becoming legitimately tiresome.

Malak says repeatedly that on the Star Forge he is at his strongest and nothing more. Nowhere does he ever claim to be powerless when not on it. In fact, the Rakata state that Malak is getting stronger and stronger by siphoning it's energies. Which wouldn't be the case if the SF were just a temporary amp, and even if it somehow was, given the amp would only function in one particular location, Malak might as the well be impotent.

I thought that would be bloody obvious. But evidently not. no expression

Needless to say though this isn't even an argument. Because the article is, once again, categorical in describing the enhancement. Whereas by your reading it should say:

Using a mysterious power source as yet undiscovered (complete Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to learn more), Darth Malak was able to possess extraordinary dark side Force powers out of proportion.

But it doesn't. Does it? sad

No I do not you loopy primate. laughing out loud

Here darling, let me explain the argument very clearly:

1. The original article says that Malak had "powers far greater than even Exar Kun or Freedon Nadd".
2. To reflect this Malak was given "out of proportion" ingame stats & abilities
3. Had 1. still been the case come 2008, the aforementioned stats would have remained disproportionate, but they didn't, so evidently, it isn't.

The only premise I need accept here is that Malak's in game stats reflect the canon abilities of his character. By no means does that make them or any other statistics accurate summations of the characters power in and of themselves. Try harder.

P.S. To KMC's Most Saltiest (u know who u are sad )

The point will be conceded when Ant can muster a refutation that doesn't reflect the intellectual capacity of my last bowel movement, or rather, your debating standard.

So in other words, get comfortable. sick

“We defeated the wrong enemy” - General George S. Patton, Berlin 1945

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 09:31 AM
Click here to Send twotter a Private Message Find more posts by twotter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

When's ur ban. sad

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 09:32 AM
ThirdReich
Restricted

Account Restricted

*Sigh* And so the era of Malak wank begins... who ever thought that Beni would be the voice of reason on KMC :/

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 09:32 AM
Click here to Send ThirdReich a Private Message Find more posts by ThirdReich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Tell em Reichy. sad

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 09:48 AM