KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Malak > Kun Quote - Confirmed (Death of Beni?)

Malak > Kun Quote - Confirmed (Death of Beni?)
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Except that it isn't it at all, legends publications don't count in Disney canon. That's all he's saying.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 05:15 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I think you're thinking of the wrong quote / not what I'm thinking of.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 05:18 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Then present the quote in reference.

(BTW, TOTJ was re-released as an Omnibus just in the last few years, so it's original publication date is moot.)

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 05:20 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
Then present the quote in reference.

(BTW, TOTJ was re-released as an Omnibus just in the last few years, so it's original publication date is moot.)

(please log in to view the image)

Refer to the second comment by Martin, which is what I'm basing this stance off, which is consistent with my emails between authors regarding past quotes.

If we're being intellectually honest here, which I think we always should be when debating, I think it's clear that such a reprint isn't changing my point, BTW.

Then again, such a vague and ambiguous quote is rendered useless regardless when considering the Son and Abeloth are also in the galaxy.

For the record, I'm feeling hostility here, although I'm not sure why.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 05:26 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

A comment which literally just says that it was the authorial intent of the author when it was written. He makes no reference to time being a derogatory factor in the validity of such a statement.

As always, Chee's statement stands. Only a direct retcon by a newer source or a newer edition of the same source can invalidate such a statement and there is no contradiction here.

Technically no, Mortis places the Son in an area that is not considered a part of the galaxy. That's made fairly obvious in the episode. Abeloth gets a similar deal, as is established in FOTJ.

Luckily, Sidious' quote is far too all-encompassing to avoid this contradiction.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 05:38 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Huh? He's asked if it counts and he responds that it likely does around the time it was written. It seems straight-forward.

I'm not aware Chee has ever made such statement. Can you post it please?

Mortis is a realm, but it's location is still listed as within Wild Space. In regards to Abeloth, the Maw is again still in the galaxy.

Which quote are you referring to exactly?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 05:42 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

anywho im off for tonight, will get back to you some time tomorrow. peace

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 05:47 AM
The Merchant

SF Malak being stronger than Kun isn't crazy considering the Star Forge is one of the most powerful DS nexuses ever, even Vitiate wanted it. SF also made the blade of Ajunta Pall presumably and that destroyed him considering they got their power from the Forge itself possibly even the star map which makes Malaks SF amp all the more higher scaling from Muur.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 07:04 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Kun > Post Nathema Vitiate. :>
And RotJ Sidious > Abeloth :3

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 04:45 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

For the last time, the Star Forge feeds with dark side energy, it doesn't give it. *smh*

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 07:06 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote