KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Jensaarai's fanboyism takes a beating...

Jensaarai's fanboyism takes a beating...
Started by: ThirdReich

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by thesithmaster
Kylo's a Skywalker, so what's the problem?
That he's better than Vader. I've always said he was better character than pansy boy, Anakin.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 05:41 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ I mean they could say outright that Snoke < Vader, (like they clearly said and showed with Maul), but you wouldn't accept it, and would claim the opposite.

So don't expect anyone to take your "rubbing in" seriously.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 04:25 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ I mean they could say outright that Snoke < Vader, (like they clearly said and showed with Maul), but you wouldn't accept it, and would claim the opposite.

So don't expect anyone to take your "rubbing in" seriously.
Vader never beat Maul, dummy. Never. Ever. This isn't abc logic and Kenobi also beat the shit out of Vader in rots and only lost after he gave up in ANH.

Just as I stated the starkiller was far greater than the Death Star Snoke and Kylo will be greater than dead Vader and dead Palpatine.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 04:29 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Vader never beat Maul, dummy.

My point proven.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 04:31 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

My point proven.
Windu never beat Han Solo but that doesn't mean he wouldn't. Wait and see. I know you won't ever admit Snoke and Kylo are superior no matter what they do. That's what fanboys do lie to themselves first and then the world.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 04:34 AM
Darth Thor

Vader never beat Maul, dummy. Never. Ever.

Windu never beat Han Solo but that doesn't mean he wouldn't.

My point proven.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 04:51 AM
quanchi112
Disney

So you admit my opinion is just as valid as yours since there isn't any direct evidence of these two going up against each other. And both are very skilled with light sabers. Vader's mobility is also an issue and my case is pretty solid. Vader is overrated. That's all he's ever been.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 02:01 PM
Darth Thor

So you admit my opinion is just as valid as yours since there isn't any direct evidence of these two going up against each other. And both are very skilled with light sabers. Vader's mobility is also an issue and my case is pretty solid. Vader is overrated. That's all he's ever been.

It's time to accept the Vader hype is more real than ever. I myself wasn't happy about how Ben vs Maul went down. But it is what it is. Vader and Ben fought equally (and that's being generous to Ben who clearly knew he couldn't win otherwise he wouldn't have sacrificed himself). And Ben never moved any faster or more acrobatic/mobile than Vader either.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 02:44 PM
quanchi112
Disney

It's time to accept the Vader hype is more real than ever. I myself wasn't happy about how Ben vs Maul went down. But it is what it is. Vader and Ben fought equally (and that's being generous to Ben who clearly knew he couldn't win otherwise he wouldn't have sacrificed himself). And Ben never moved any faster or more acrobatic/mobile than Vader either.
We heard why Maul lost. And once again it's comparing two different chasrdwtrs with different styles like its the same thing. Ben was out of his prime as well. It's clear Kenobi, Maul, and Vader weren't in their primes in the ot. Lucas was clear on that but they were wiser and more experienced. Maul was at a bad place and stuck in the past according to the creator of that scene.

Vader is overrated and he dominated an era with little to no competition save Luke who once he was ready wiped his ass with his pitiful father.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 02:51 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Ben who clearly knew he couldn't win otherwise he wouldn't have sacrificed himself). And Ben never moved any faster or more acrobatic/mobile than Vader either.

Not necessarily. It's plausible that it was simply to stop Luke from suicidally hanging around with the hope Ben would escape. That would be supported by this quote:
http://www.starwars.com/films/star-...e-story-gallery

I've not been able to find anything in canon that says Ben<ANH Vader.

Just so we're clear though, this doesn't apply to ROTJ Vader who has had several years to grow in powerful.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 02:53 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Ben also knew he'd be more detrimental to Luke and the rebels dead than alive. He said he'd be more powerful and unable to be attacked. Why does everyone ignore his own words in favor of this false narrative that Vader was greater than him.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 02:54 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Ben also knew he'd be more detrimental to Luke and the rebels dead than alive. He said he'd be more powerful and unable to be attacked. Why does everyone ignore his own words in favor of this false narrative that Vader was greater than him.

Why do you keep ignoring canon? Ben deepened his connection to the force and grew as a swordsman becoming very good in comparison to his past incarnations. In canon, Ben Kenobi is prime Kenobi.

By virte of stalemating Ben pre-prime, a pre-prime Vader is already an rots+ Kenobi duelist and his feats several years pre-rebels, such as pulling freighters out of the sky remain vastly above what SOD maul, who you consider to be Maul in his prime, has ever demonstrated.

So I'm wondering what basis you have to assume that Vader can't just make Maul his plaything with the force?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 03:00 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

And once again it's comparing two different chasrdwtrs with different styles like its the same thing.

Well Maul fought a lot more evenly with Ahsoka who Vader KO'd in a similar length of time. So it's 2 combatants with very different styles that both Maul and Vader have fought, and Vader looked superior against both.

And I'm not even getting into the power scales the director and voice actors have given.

Like I said I didn't like it, but it's clear there is a significant gap between Maul and Vader (as of Rebels at least). And I don't see how a fight between the younger versions of both characters would be much different, given the raw power at ROTS Anakin's disposal and how he trounced Dooku, and classified by Lucas as a duelist on par with Mace, Palpatine and Yoda.

I think if you want to big up Maul then make a case for him beating Count Dooku or ROTS Obi-Wan. But Anakin/Vader is simply off the chart.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Sep 6th, 2017 at 06:00 PM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 05:56 PM
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ha ha.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 07:39 PM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote