KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Mace Dindu > Yoda - canon

Mace Dindu > Yoda - canon
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
twotter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Blaming the alignment of the Chosen One on a black man, fellas? Keepin it real classy I see...

You pigs.

“We defeated the wrong enemy” - General George S. Patton, Berlin 1945

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 07:15 PM
Click here to Send twotter a Private Message Find more posts by twotter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by thesithmaster
Both failed to kill Sidious, so... yeah. Windu is as much a failure as Yoda.
Windu defeated him then Anakin turned. Yoda just lost. Embarrassingly so. Yoda also failed to put Dooku down. Yoda is pure shit.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 07:34 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

Originally posted by quanchi112
Windu defeated him then Anakin turned. Yoda just lost. Embarrassingly so. Yoda also failed to put Dooku down. Yoda is pure shit.

A massively amped Windu defeated Sidious because Sidious allowed that. I see you have a hard time accepting it. An unamped Yoda narrowly lost after a grueling fight.
Yoda mopped the floor with Dooku in twenty-nine seconds when Yoda was holding back and Dooku rage amped.
Yoda>>>>Windu by canon, Windu>Yoda by fan-fic.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 07:59 PM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

A massively amped Windu defeated Sidious because Sidious allowed that. I see you have a hard time accepting it. An unamped Yoda narrowly lost after a grueling fight.
Yoda mopped the floor with Dooku in twenty-nine seconds when Yoda was holding back and Dooku rage amped.

Lucas said Mace won fair and square in the RotS commentary. Where does it say Dooku was rage amped in AotC? On Vjun an amped Dooku wounded Yoda.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 08:35 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kurk
Lucas said Mace won fair and square in the RotS commentary.

He didn't say "fair and square". He didn't even say "won". He said "overpowered".

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 08:38 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Obi-Wan:
If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman.

Anakin:
I thought I already did.

Obi-Wan:
Only in your mind, my very young apprentice.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 08:49 PM
Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

There is no proof Sheev allowed anything. Sheev was overpowered and then disarmed. He lost. Windu fought with his own abilities so quit making up excuses just because Sheev lost.

Yoda failed. He admitted it. Dooku escaped. Nah, Windu beat someone superior to Dooku when Yoda failed to even do so. Pitiful is Yoda.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 09:10 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
He didn't say "fair and square". He didn't even say "won". He said "overpowered".
It makes no sense for Palpatine to have let Mace win because his intentions were to arrest, not kill, him. It would've been quite the risk for him to just assume the outcome would turn out how it did.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Not at all. He pretty much ends up forcing Mace to attempt to kill him. Plus he can, you know, see the future...

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 09:31 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by ares834
Not at all. He pretty much ends up forcing Mace to attempt to kill him. Plus he can, you know, see the future...
Horrendous logic and laughable when we see how Vader turns on him in Rotj. He didn't see a father turning on him while he tortured his son and was completely taken off guard you dolt. He provided the opening for the rebels to come out on top in Rotj with his retardation and arrogance.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 09:37 PM
ares834

Originally posted by quanchi112
Horrendous logic and laughable when we see how Vader turns on him in Rotj. He didn't see a father turning on him while he tortured his son and was completely taken off guard you dolt. He provided the opening for the rebels to come out on top in Rotj with his retardation and arrogance.

Strawman

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 09:40 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

It makes no sense for Palpatine to have let Mace win because his intentions were to arrest, not kill, him. It would've been quite the risk for him to just assume the outcome would turn out how it did.

I wasn't arguing any of that. I was correcting what you claimed Lucas stated.

Overpowering someone isn't necessarily a done deal win. And is not necessarily fair and square.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Sep 7th, 2017 at 09:58 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

Lucas said Mace won fair and square in the RotS commentary. Where does it say Dooku was rage amped in AotC? On Vjun an amped Dooku wounded Yoda.

Lucas NEVER said that. Silver's blog cleared it up. He was talking about what happened in the scene visually. He wasn't including context.

The quote is in the Dooku vs Windu CaV on CV, but if you want it just tell me and I'll post it tomorrow when I get back on the battle forum.

On Vjun, an amped Dooku wounded a distracted Yoda. In the rest of the fight, a holding back and injured Yoda had a slight edge against Dooku, and when Yoda gave it a bit more effort, Dooku was instantly drenched in sweat and was desperately backing. He fled. The book goes on to state that Yoda would have annihilated Dooku had he gone after him.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 10:33 PM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Strawman
No, you just said he can see the future but ignore when he provided the means for his own death. He came out on top because of Anakin and died because of Anakin's mood swings. You live on a gamble you die by a gamble. He was also caught off guard by Yoda. He wasn't even sure he survived until he saw him yet you claim he sees the future. Awful logic that can be ripped apart.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 02:25 PM
ares834

Luckily, I didn't ignore anything and you are still arguing against a point I never made.

Can Sidious see the future? Yes. Can he see everything? No. See simple.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 02:45 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Luckily, I didn't ignore anything and you are still arguing against a point I never made.

Can Sidious see the future? Yes. Can he see everything? No. See simple.
He didn't see what you claimed either. You can't prove it. He manipulated a broken and fearful man in that situation because he needed to and survived. When Anakin was in another situation he turned against Palpatine. He survived one and was killed in another yet you have the audacity to argue against Windu when Palpatine later died by Vader.

Quit making claims you can't prove and then ignoring when the outcome didn't benefit from Palpatine.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 03:53 PM
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Yoda is like a wise college professor; experienced in just their area of expertise but retarded in everything else.

This actually gave me a good laugh.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 09:51 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote