KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » HQ for the Vaylin and Outlander movements

HQ for the Vaylin and Outlander movements
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Are you kidding me? It's the fact that the PT is so fleshed out that arguments can be made for the era that well.

That doesn't diminish his point, though. There should realistically only be more accuracy because of more source material, actual placement shouldn't be affected much by a greater magnitude of sources.

Characters from other Eras tend to have a wider possible deviation. Ascribing them arbitrary number values, it's much easier to say Character A who has plenty of source material is anywhere between an 85 and a 90 in force power. Character B with both high feats/scaling and awful performances in a small quantity of material could be anywhere between 70 and 100.

Sure, 'arguments can be made for the PT era that well' because of ample source material, but the potential for outrageous hype doesn't really exist in the same way it does in other eras. They're essentially just different styles of debate based upon the way each era is presented. It's probably why people arguing for the OT/PT characters tend to get pissed about how flowery, inaccurate and uncertain a lot of arguments made against them can be.

But that's just my opinion.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 12:54 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

thumb up

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 01:08 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Or how about people argue for who they think woukd actually win from an objective[or as objective as they can be] outlook, rather than asign themselves to fictional teams like some sort of sport, lmao.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 01:20 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Or how about people argue for who they think woukd actually win from an objective[or as objective as they can be] outlook, rather than asign themselves to fictional teams like some sort of sport, lmao.

Well yeh, but I don't think any of that conversation was about picking sides at all

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 01:33 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Tbh I think TOR should have stopped when Disney changed stuff around, because now...we're never gonna get any supplement material or anything to add...all we have is the game itself and this only goes so far.

I mean sure, there's a few comics and novels...with 1 Encyclopedia, but they don't really cover anything that is usually argued. It's all mostly guesswork.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 01:45 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by Selenial
Well yeh, but I don't think any of that conversation was about picking sides at all

That was Zoltan's implication on the first page, lmao.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 02:10 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Tbh I think TOR should have stopped when Disney changed stuff around, because now...we're never gonna get any supplement material or anything to add...all we have is the game itself and this only goes so far.

I mean sure, there's a few comics and novels...with 1 Encyclopedia, but they don't really cover anything that is usually argued. It's all mostly guesswork.

When Disney took over, the Emperor basically flew off into space, and we were told to find them. What a shitty way to end any story. Looking at you, KotOR II.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 02:18 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
When Disney took over, the Emperor basically flew off into space, and we were told to find them. What a shitty way to end any story. Looking at you, KotOR II.

. It's not like BW couldn't have changed what happened with a final storyline if they wanted to finish up. Everything coming later people just wanna throw whatever together and come up with their own conclusions.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 02:24 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Zen, I've said this before and I'll say it again:

I've never not seen you complain in your entire history on the forums.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 02:31 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Which, as I said, is stupid. There was no way, with the ending SoR established, that BioWare could have easily wrapped the story up, and SoR was before the Disney Legends/Canon split. Second, TOR wasn't even profitable for EA until KotFE/ET. It would be absolutely retarded to end the game there, especially with new movies on the way. Like beyond stupid.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 02:34 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Zen, I've said this before and I'll say it again:

I've never not seen you complain in your entire history on the forums.

How am I complaining? I'm just saying my opinion.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 02:34 AM
Zenwolf

Which, as I said, is stupid. There was no way, with the ending SoR established, that BioWare could have easily wrapped the story up, and SoR was before the Disney purchase. Second, TOR wasn't even profitable for EA until KotFE/ET. It would be absolutely retarded to end the game there, especially with new movies on the way. Like beyond stupid.

Never said they would have to rush it. I mean as far as playing and the like goes, it's fine, debating though is something else.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 02:35 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Okay, so what should they have done that they aren't doing now then? Because you aren't making a bit of sense. MMOs need to expand to survive. More expansions mean more stories. You do not just end all content to make it easier for neets to debate.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 02:37 AM
Zenwolf

Okay, so what should they have done that they aren't doing now then? Because you aren't making a bit of sense.

I'm writing in the context of debating, not playing.

Edit: Right.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 02:39 AM
Zenwolf

Abit I prob should have separated posts, hurricane issues leaving me tired. The ending the game part wasn't in any relation to the other stuff(not really sure why I included in the first place), but it seems to turned out that way.

Anyway, I'ma be gone for a lil while due to Hurricane Irma.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 03:32 AM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
That was Zoltan's implication on the first page, lmao.

Where? Skillz was talking about which era was more fun to debate for, and Zoltan replied why he felt debating for characters in the TOR era was often stupid in comparison to PT characters. Neither of them seemed to be arguing one era's overall superiority at all erm

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 11:05 AM