KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Obi-Wan Kenobi - the fastest Force user in history

Obi-Wan Kenobi - the fastest Force user in history
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Doesn't seem like something Kenobi would think.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 06:47 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I believe it was Sasukedc who put it that everything is Oneness, just to varying degrees.

Yes well the oneness here is to the degree that he is literally blazing with energy abd that his atoms are coming apart.

This is oneness, and it's not something Kenobi's replicating in a typical fight.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

He's blazing with energy / his atoms are coming apart due to his speed, not that his speed is the result of such.

But yeah, as stated in my original post, it's not necessarily combat-relevant.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I guess Quanchi was always right about Dooku being slower than Kenobi...

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 08:16 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

The entire paragraph is hyperbole, lmao.

As far as I know, 372 MPH isn't anywhere near fast enough to split someone's ****ing atoms apart, tbh.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 11:22 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

He's blazing with energy / his atoms are coming apart due to his speed, not that his speed is the result of such.

thumb up

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 11:28 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Space contracted-time distended.

[...]every being he spared spontaneous combustion from contact with his supernatural momentum, the Jedi Master felt his muscles, his atoms, his very essence, rebelling into pandemonium.

(please log in to view the image)

600 km/h

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 11:36 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twotter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hilariously false hyperbole. And not even close to being the best speed feat in Star Wars.

“We defeated the wrong enemy” - General George S. Patton, Berlin 1945

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 11:40 PM
Click here to Send twotter a Private Message Find more posts by twotter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twotter
Restricted

Account Restricted

This doesn't happen at 600 kph.

“We defeated the wrong enemy” - General George S. Patton, Berlin 1945

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 11:41 PM
Click here to Send twotter a Private Message Find more posts by twotter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Fast af.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 12:23 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

My take is that Obi-Wan is pouring more and more power into himself to the point where he can reach X speed.

The amount of energy needed to reach X speed is causing severe effects to Obi-Wan's body since it can't handle that level of energy.

Sort of like Dorsk 81, but not to the same extent. Still all via Obi-Wan's own power, though.

I very much doubt it is actually 600 KPH, but I'm too tired with Legends to debate their inconsistent speed levels.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 19th, 2017 at 01:24 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 01:18 AM
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

In Legends people move so fast even other force sensitives can barely see. Some seemed to appear in multiple places at once or even seemed to teleport. Something is pretty off in the narration.

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 01:27 AM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Apparently people missed this:

And on a sand-lacerated mesa, a podracer utterly butchers distances at six hundred kilometers per hour.

Obi-Wan-

Ran-

Faster.

The Jedi Master ran over one hundred and sixty-five meters per second.

More than six hundred kilometers per hour.

He is not running at 600 km/h, he is running faster than that and the passage places no limitation on his speed. So 600 km/h is not his limit here.

And I don't see how this is hyperbole at all tbh. The text describes the speeds of various objects in great detail, and then simply states Obi-Wan is even faster. How is that hyperbole? It merely states Obi-Wan is faster than something, and that happens to include any speed feat ever performed by any Sith or Jedi as mentioned in the text. Quite straightforward to me.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 03:50 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

To be fair, it's possibly not hyperbole given, like I said earlier, the films portraying the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUbXyd-fK8Q&t=2m46s

Perhaps someone can do that math, but that's a really long distance in a the span of, like, two seconds. This quote may not be as absurd as we think.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 03:52 AM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Yeah, and keep in mind that if Obi-Wan is really losing the cohesion of his atoms here, I think this just serves as a nice little insight into how much Force users can actually augment their speeds, but perhaps choose not to because the effort goes beyond their capacity to deflect with a Force Shield and as a result it may cause them harm, and in extreme cases, they find their atoms losing cohesion like Obi-Wan is here.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

To be fair, it's possibly not hyperbole given, like I said earlier, the films portraying the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUbXyd-fK8Q&t=2m46s

Perhaps someone can do that math, but that's a really long distance in a the span of, like, two seconds. This quote may not be as absurd as we think.

A rough estimate seems to indicate they are around 70-80 km/h in these three seconds. So, far inferior than 600 km/h.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 04:11 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

My take is that Obi-Wan is pouring more and more power into himself to the point where he can reach X speed.

The amount of energy needed to reach X speed is causing severe effects to Obi-Wan's body since it can't handle that level of energy.

Sort of like Dorsk 81, but not to the same extent. Still all via Obi-Wan's own power, though.

I very much doubt it is actually 600 KPH, but I'm too tired with Legends to debate their inconsistent speed levels.

Examining the quote and the surrounding context, it'snot actually oneness. Oneness is derived from a state of focus/peace. Here, Kenobi was letting his fear get tohim and was even grappling with the darkside:
quote:
From the moment he left his apprentice to immolate in Mustafar's lavas, from the instant he became convinced of his failure as a friend, a teacher-a father-and committed himself to protecting Anakin's son no matter the cost, the dark side had begun sprouting like a weed in his deadening heart.
-credit to the incredibly objective and balanced, LOTL

Still, not applicable in combat

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 05:19 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big Gerald
Star Wars Expert

Originally posted by twotter
This doesn't happen at 600 kph.

Why do you hate Jews so much?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 05:21 AM
Click here to Send Big Gerald a Private Message Find more posts by Big Gerald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

The speed feat in TPM has been calced before: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=9851

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 05:22 AM
BlueTiger1144

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
He already is faster than most Masters in Jedi Apprentice lulz.

This only confirms obi's Bad assery

Do you have any evidence for this?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 06:37 AM
Click here to Send BlueTiger1144 a Private Message Find more posts by BlueTiger1144 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote