KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Did Revan get stomped by Vitiate?

Did Revan get stomped by Vitiate?
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Did Revan get stomped by Vitiate?

I'll just re-post my response from google hangouts:

quote:
Yep, Revan got crushed. That's why Vitiate had to "focus and channel his power" until the "last possible instant" just to TK Revan across the throne room, which essentially did nothing. Revan then thwarts Vitiate's TP, knocks him on his ass a couple of times, and after getting overwhelmed by the FLS, tanks Vitiate's continued lightning, then literally heals himself and is back up in seconds. That's why a wounded Revan, Scourge, and Meetra had as much a chance at losing as winning, more or less. That's why it's described that Revan "nearly assassinated the Emperor," and that Vitiate's fear grew so much from Revan's attack that he decided to create the Emperor's Voice. That's why Revan resisted the Emperor for 300 years, even though Vitiate had the Dread Masters helping him too.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Last edited by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 01:49 AM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 01:47 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Never really saw it as a stomp, a stomp implies that there wasn't a chance to kill Vitiate, if it was a stomp, then there wouldn't have been outcomes where he was defeated. It just so happens, that they didn't defeat him.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 01:59 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

thumb up

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 02:01 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Never really saw it as a stomp, a stomp implies that there wasn't a chance to kill Vitiate, if it was a stomp, then there wouldn't have been outcomes where he was defeated. It just so happens, that they didn't defeat him.

Yea, the team didn't get stomped, the question is would revan get stomped 1 v 1

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 02:06 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Depends on your definition of a stomp.

Imo he would've stood little chance by himself but he wouldn't have been ragdolled either. Basically, he wouldn't have been dominated but the fight wouldn't be competitive either.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 02:13 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Also Skillz, you know full well that Revan blasting Vitiate means jack.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 02:39 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

No, if it was a stomp, Vitiate would of defeated Revan with the TP.
And not had his ass flung twice, resorting to using most of his force reserves to put Revan down, and didn't have enough strength to preform another charged force lightning on a weakened Revan, as he had to find a weakness to exploit revans defences, in the end.

Yeah, its not a stomp.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 02:42 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

No Revan had a shot but if they fought again, Vititate would stomp him

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

"resorting to using most of his force reserves to put Revan down, and didn't have enough strength to preform another charged force lightning on a weakened Revan"

???

Quote?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 02:46 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
"resorting to using most of his force reserves to put Revan down, and didn't have enough strength to preform another charged force lightning on a weakened Revan"

???

Quote?

That fact he needed to find a opportunity to get past Revans defences after Revan healed himself, from the charged lightning.

This means, he couldn't repeat the fully charged lightning again.
Aka used a fair bit of his force reserves in that attack.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 02:49 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

That's... not evidence that Vitiate had used most of his Force reserves.

He's not going to be able charge an attack like that against Revan when there's two other Force users present to attack him.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 02:52 AM
Haschwalth

That's... not evidence that Vitiate had used most of his Force reserves.

He's not going to be able charge an attack like that against Revan when there's two other Force users present to attack him.

You mean two other fodder posed a threat to him at this point? That's a clear indication, he used a fair bit of his power. afterall he literally stops scourges lightsaber strike, casually mid strike.
Anyway his charged lightning is capable of attacking multiply opponents, as shown, against strike team in tor.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 02:54 AM
UCanShootMyNova

He apparently is incapable of multi-tasking or possessing basic situational awareness as evidenced by his response to Meetra's saber throw. Per the the text Vitiate he was assessing the threat Scourge and Meetra posed and struck due to the opening created by Scourge. Not that he had been waiting for one.

That may not be the case as of the Revan novel since the scene you're referencing takes place hundreds of years later.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 02:57 AM
Haschwalth

He apparently is incapable of multi-tasking or possessing basic situational awareness as evidenced by his response to Meetra's saber throw. Per the the text Vitiate he was assessing the threat Scourge and Meetra posed and struck due to the opening created by Scourge.

That may not be the case as of the Revan novel since the scene you're referencing takes place hundreds of years later.

The notion, Vitiate doesn't have precognition is ludicrous or maybe it's the fact, Revan is too much of a threat. Which reinforces the idea, that Vitiate wasn't so far above Revan as you believe. Anyway terrible writing is terrible.

His dealing of the last council during the novel sort of indicates he can.
Considering it was described as a flash, and the council members didn't make it off the steps.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 03:01 AM
Haschwalth

Anyway Nyriss was going to incinerate Meetra/scourge at the same time, and had done so with multiply people before, so he should be able to.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 03:03 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Haschwalth
The notion, Vitiate doesn't have precognition is ludicrous or maybe it's the fact, Revan is too much of a threat. Which reinforces the idea, that Vitiate wasn't so far above Revan as you believe. Anyway terrible writing is terrible.

His dealing of the last council during the novel sort of indicates he can.
Considering it was described as a flash, and the council members didn't make it off the steps.

Or maybe it's Vitiate being overly cocky and not paying attention to his surroundings...

I don't think the Council "dying in a flash" means he killed them all with a FLS...

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 03:35 AM
Haschwalth

Or maybe it's Vitiate being overly cocky and not paying attention to his surroundings...

I don't think the Council "dying in a flash" means he killed them all with a FLS...

Doubtful that he was being cocky, considering the first time in life, he was in so much rage, that he put his full power into destroying a droid, and ended up creating voices, and had his TP no sold, and flung back twice. No Vitiate wouldn't of felt cocky till he had won.

What else creates a flash, and bypassess 9 dark council members passive/greater force barriers. In literally all cases of Vitiate attacking, he had used either TP/TK or force lightning.

Vitiate, had never used TP to kill Dark council level members.
They wouldn't still be on the steps if he used TK.
Which leaves some form of force lightning.

Process of elimination, can only go by what he has shown.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 03:43 AM
UCanShootMyNova

It's more reasonable to logically make sense of Vitiate's actions then say "shit writing so I won't acknowledge it."

Pretty sure after hundreds of years of studying the Force Vitiate has more abilities at his disposal then TP/TK and Force lightning. :/

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 05:22 AM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 05:20 AM
Haschwalth

It's more reasonable to logically make sense of Vitiate's actions then say "shit writing so I won't acknowledge it."

Pretty sure after hundreds of years of studying the Force Vitiate has more abilities at his disposal then TP/TK and Force lightning. :/

Obviously, and that is what I did, I made sense of it.

Obviously, but he has only ever used Lightning, to deal with opponents as that is what he has shown to be most proficient in, asides TP.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 06:05 AM
UCanShootMyNova

You didn't though...

So, because in one of the few times we see him in combat he used FL we assume that anything with a vaguely similar description was him using FL? :/

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 06:14 AM