KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

So this has been getting great reviews (the first 2 episodes that is). Including from Sam Witwer who I trust.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 08:29 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

I'm really sceptical, but obviously I'm gonna watch it.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 09:20 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Old Post Yesterday 07:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

I'd heard about this, but hadn't actually read any details on it. TBH, if they had set it after Voyager, put it in the Alpha Quadrant and came up with a new species to do all this with, I wouldn't mind one bit. The universe is made up of all kinds.

But the ****ing Klingons? No. **** that.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Yesterday 07:20 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

So thanks politics, you most likely destroyed something else.

If the show fails we know why. Oh well, a shame though.

Old Post Yesterday 09:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

This show is airing exclusively on the CBS streaming service right? Only the first episode is airing on the actual network?

Old Post Yesterday 09:16 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Yep. You gotta pay to get your Trump Klingons.

Old Post Yesterday 09:33 PM
BackFire

Do I, though? Do I?

I'm not planning on watching this either way. Hell I've never even watched TNG or the other ST iterations.

Old Post Yesterday 09:35 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Do I, though? Do I?

I'm not planning on watching this either way. Hell I've never even watched TNG or the other ST iterations.

That's good, you don't know what the show might have been then until the SJW bullshit got in the way. So even if you do watch it you will be fortunate, you won't have anything to compare it to. After all, someone who has never eaten a single thing in their life probably thinks a piece of stale bread tastes like filet mignon.

Old Post Yesterday 09:40 PM
BackFire

The only Star Trek I've watched is the first season of the original show. I did enjoy it, but I never finished. I've attempted to start TNG a few times but always have trouble getting into it. Also the immense number of episodes kind of intimidates me from really trying to watch it as it would be a pretty big and long term endeavor. One day, though.

Old Post Yesterday 09:45 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
The only Star Trek I've watched is the first season of the original show. I did enjoy it, but I never finished. I've attempted to start TNG a few times but always have trouble getting into it.

you're dead to me now.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Yesterday 09:50 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

sad

Old Post Yesterday 10:02 PM