If Wolverine does the "dramatic jump over the camera while POV rotates to some goon getting chest impaled" move patented by Bryan Singer, I can see Logan losing.
However, this a 100-year old war veteran that has fought samurai power armor, a mutant with superhuman agility feats, a mutant with with nigh-superhuman agility feats that had the same adamantium skeleton as him at the time, his mutant step-brother that can swing the trunk of a tree like a baseball bat, and a mutant that can crush APC's and bust through walls by running into them.
Also, gotten crushed by logs and look like he just had a bad night's sleep when the logs on top of him are cleared, gotten shot hundreds of times escaping the Weapon X facility, gotten shot by like 50 arrows in the back and kept walking, survived an atom bomb, jumped off a nuclear power plant tower, thrown armored goons backwards over his shoulders like he was doing a double cable deltoid backhand, and survived having rebar twisting through him by Magneto then thrown into the Potomac River.
My argument is that if he can tank/survive this stuff and fight all these different opponents and still somehow come away with an action hero win, he can take down the Thrones crew.
EDIT: Inb4, "but the OP says no adamantium!" I know this, and yes obviously the adamantium made some of the above feats survivable for Logan. I still listed plenty of feats of Wolverine with just bone, and the adamantium wouldn't have stopped his organs from turning to mush and his tendons, ligaments, and fascia from snapping when doing something like jumping off the coolant tower on the nuclear power plant.
Last edited by John Murdoch on Yesterday at 06:38 PM
I haven't replied to your first posts because I haven't watched the videos. Thought it would be dick move to continue to argue without at least reviewing your posted proof.
But I just want to say that in the same way you think Wolverine isn't going to fight stupid, the GOT knights aren't fighting stupid either. They will surround him, keep their distance, utilize their longer reach.
I also think you're highly exaggerating the lethal capabilities of Wolverine's bone claws. These claws cannot cut. Not that I recall anyway. They can stab and they can slash but I don't recall him ever slashing too deeply with them. Going for an opponent's legs will leave him completely exposed from a hit from above. That would be a suicide move for him. Heck, the knights can simply extend their swords infront of them and watch Wolverine impale himself on the blade. That takes no special speed at all.
1) The video I posted how quickly a fast and skilled dual knife user can close even against a competent (however less skilled) longsword user trying to make use of their reach advantage.
If they keep the sword extended (like in the video) to put the sword between them and Logan, he can use his claws to push away the tip of the blade (like in the video) and close in quickly and he'd likely suffer inconsequential damage (likely a deep cut AT BEST).
If they cock their arms and do a power cut, he'd duck under and stab their leg (like the Wolverine video I posted). As the Hound and the Mountain's power slashes tend to look very telegraphed.
I'm sure you will agree that in order to maintain one's reach advantage against an opponent, one needs to be able to match the speed of their foot work, else they get chased down. Footwork Wolverine will have a huge advantage in against the Mountain or the Hound (who he'll likely take out first as they are big fat juicy targets).
2) He doesn't need to slash when stabbing works best, actually and he's been able to stab clean thru Sabertooth's shoulder (bone and all, right thru what looks like the clavicle/scapula) straight thru up to his fist.
3) Except for the times he did stab ppl in the legs and NOT get countered (he rolls away right after he stabs someone or flings them in the air). He also tends to throw down or trip his opponents once he stabs them in the leg (source: videos I posted already). So I don't get how anyone he stabs can counter.
And the time the Mountain got a bit slashed in the leg (by Oberyn), he cringed and whined in agony so I don't see how he can possibly counter after getting 3 deep stabs.
Again its three of them! Mountain aint alone! Wolverine WILL GET HIT! that is not a question nor a maybe. HE WILL GET HIT. Once he gets a broken Arm or Leg he will get another and anothet. Wolverine will get carnaged!
Am repeating myself cause you keep repeating your folly!
Jaime is a better swordsman than any of those ninjas! Ninjas might be faster but he has better sword techniques.
No. Wolverine cant dodge Three good opponents flanking him! Bone wolverine gets massacred!
1) I share your opinion on Wolverine getting hit. I do not share in your opinion that the hits would be direct power blows that will shatter bone. Mountain and Hound are too slow. I don't recall Jamie being able to cut entire limbs with his sword strikes as he seemed more finesse-y as a fighter to me.
2) I post "feats" and proof. You post caps and opinions.
3) Better longsword user, sure. Better swordsman? Maybe. But this isn't a sword duel. His opponent uses a different set of weapons and moves in a different way than he is used to.
4) Unlike the times he was flanked by multiple faster swordsmen (where I posted videos of), amirite?
Bro, I even put the edit portion at the bottom of my post b/c I knew that was coming. Bone claw got crushed by logs from a log truck and was no worse for the wear besides looking groggy when Victor cleaned up the mess to get to him. And, again, having indestructible bones won't protect someone from having their chest organs rupture when they get smacked by a tree or jump hundreds of feet in the air onto the ground.
I've seen all the X-Men films. Seen all of Thrones except maybe a season 2 episode. I understand they have three advantages (armor, reach, numbers). Wolverine is just in a higher-tier, my man.
1. A sword hit from Jaime would definetly break bones! The reason because weve not seen himnto is because in all his fights his blows have been blocked by other swords. Once Wolverine getd a broken arm or leg his movility will decrease! It only takes ONE blow from Sandor or Gregor to lose a limb. The probabilities of Wolverine getting broken bones is high.
2. Am posting logic. And evidence as well, a good combination of those. Evidence means less if things dont match up.
3. Wolverine has no reliable Weapon! Bone Claws are fragile and non meaningful against armor...Wolverine has a disadvantage here. Put Bone Wolverine against those Ninjas and things would have been much different!....
4. He had to block some blows with his Bone claws.
Wolverine isnt on the winning side here, not even near limbo.
1. You're just repeating yourself now. I posted multiple evidence of Wolverine avoiding fast sword attacks. You have posted your opinion. Pls be able to tell the difference. He is far faster than Jamie and have fought faster opponents without getting hit (see clips I posted). You have not posted any evidence of Jamie lopping off limbs or outfighting agile opponents. So my proof > yours.
2. Your logic is faulty w/c I've debunked via proof (via video clips) I've posted. You're just ignoring the proof cuz you can't disprove it.
You posting evidence would be if you were linking/posting timestamped video clips and source materials that would confirm your assertions, you have done none of those. So everything you've posted is simply your opinion and speculation. Again, pls be able to tell the difference.
3. He's been able to pierce his opponents with his bone claws (sabertooth, random mob goons) just fine. You are, again, speculating.
4. He blocks them because he can. He's no moron. If he can't block attacks from certain weapons, he'll simply dodge (w/c he's done to faster attacks, proven by the clips I've posted). <--- I've already typed this up more than once. And I'm not going to repeat it again. Pls read my previous replies. If you can't debunk it. Don't repeat the same tired assertion pls.
You keep repeating the "Wolverine has no chance" logic but can't seem to provide video evidence that would support your position. Funny that.
Clearly blocks 50% of the blows! If he does the same in this fight he will lose BOTH CLAWS in a heart beat! He even got hit! In your own video the Ninja hit Wolverine's forehead! Without thw adamantium and his skull would have gotten open as an orange!
So here is my evidence, picture it as one of Jaime's blows against yours which is like Wolverine's Bone Claws.
2. I thought i didnt need to post videos. I thought you honest and faie enough to admit what i was saying, it seems however i got to do extra work and break your points by bringing evidence.
3. He has never been seen penetrating armor! Dont assume armor is cloth! Nor aluminum from a car's hood! You are the one speculating here!
4.You have no evidence for that! He is used to using his claws as shields! Logic says he isnt used to dodging. Once more you are speculating he will be able to dodge all blows like if he was flash. Again without logic your points are as fragile as Bone Wolverine!
Again i didnt brought evidence cause i thought i didnt need to. But since you want me to further push back your claims...
1. Sheesh. I already debunked this. See above. I'll not repeat the same argument I've already posted more than once.
2. Nope post videos so we can see what you mean. You don't believe what I say when I say it, what makes you think I am under an obligation to believe your opinions when you don't provide a basis for it?
3. Clearly you haven't been reading what I have been typing. Will not repeat already provided logic (supported by proof).
4. Yes I did. I've posted it over and over. If you're not going to read what I write, I think I'm just wasting my time here.