I'm sorry concrete evidence that he allowed him to? written into canon, and not just speculation, with a Blog giving points.
- Unfortunately it's not that cut and dry. I said I didn't want to debate this because it's a distraction, but if we have to I will...
- That 'Blog giving points' is too well put together for it to be dismissed like that.
Sidious is not a better duelist than Yoda, he is slightly inferior in power, but the fact Remains he was disarmed, by Yoda in combat, and resorted to the force.
Mace has several quotes putting him on Yoda's level or around it as a duelist.
- Having 'unmatched' skills with a lightsaber is hardly something to write home about. Anoon Bondara & Kas'im have similar accolades and I think we can both agree they aren't Sidious tier... This quote doesn't put him on Yoda's level
Yoda has better quotes :/
Shall I go on?
It's perfectly believable that Mace could disarm Sidious, there is more quotes, check out some RT's.
- Mace is skilled enough sure, but his power isn't Sheev level with no amp. Darth Maul is "One of the most skilled and deadly warriors in Sith history" but he didn't have a hope in hell of defeating Sidious. Skill and power are different, Motherf*cker Dindu does not have the power to beat Sids. Hence the need for Windu to channel Sidious' own power in their ROTS fight.
It's not my feelings lmao, it's logic within the SW universe, it's Plot that Grievous is around, you have inferior Jedi doing shit like moving warships, using TK, tell me, is Grievous as heavy/durable having the abiltiy to exert enough energy to keep, several hundred thousand tons of metal off the ground. No, its retarded.
- This has been explained before... Grievous uses intimidation tactics to prevent Jedi from thinking clearly. It's just about impossible to have a level head when you have 12 lightsaber strikes per second coming at you from all angles. It's never been that Grievous was too heavy to TK away, just that you never got the opportunity. When Fisto and Obi-Wan force push the General, he gets floored instantly (This is his TCW incarnation however)
- I do get what you're saying, but he has been defeated with the force before. I guess it's just 'not the Jedi way' to abuse their power in such a manner :/
I'm referring to Lightsaber combat, not raw strength in their fight, I have Sidious above them in that regard fyi. But lightsaber combat within canon, without using the force is the only way Grevious can compete, and as I say the shit is inconsistent asf.
- Mm, awell. I don't make the rules
Better nah, around the same level, is what I believe, though others have given decent evidence, to why Dooku>Maul.
- Sure, I'm not saying Maul is a tier above Dooku or anything lmao. Maul's showing against Sidious on Sundari is at least comparable to the Count's battle against Yoda in Aotc. 'Others' have also given decent evidence to why Maul > Dooku.
CBF, digging through hundreds of pages.
- Fair enough
Last edited by godemperortrump on Sep 26th, 2017 at 12:02 PM
Oh, absolutely. A lot of the team who worked on the film moved over to the ROTS game. Gillard choreographed the fight scenes just like he did for the films. I don't see a reason not to use it. What we get for Anakin vs Mace is what would have happened if they fought in the eyes of Lucas, guided by Gillard.