KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Mace and the Invisible Hand

Mace and the Invisible Hand
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Syn, like I said, you just ruined your argument.

You said Mace is exhausted since his reserves are used up, similar to how Dooku's are. Yet you post a quote showing Dooku can instantly replenish his resources.

Tell me why can't Mace do likewise when he goes to fight Anakin? Because he's tired? But wait, Dooku was tired too - perhaps more so.

laughing out loud

What a mess.

Not that the exhaustion argument matters anyway, but it's amusing, intent aside, it has no merit.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:40 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
That's all fine and dandy, I never was saying that Mace was in peak performance, but he wasn't in shit performance either until it was shown at the end.

Based on what are you assuming that? How he looked? Because we just went over that. We know is that Mace had a high intensity duel with Sidious for several minutes. Such an action was enough to tire Yoda significantly so I don't know why the same wouldn't apply to Mace.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Sep 27th, 2017 at 04:50 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:41 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
All we know is that Mace had a high intensity duel with Sidious for several minutes.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: wrong source

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:42 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Yet you post a quote showing Dooku can instantly replenish his resources.

Holy shit. I've either vastly overestimated your intelligence or you're trolling me. Dooku's not f*cking summoning all the energy he's expended over the last several minutes back to him. He's using the Force to augment his physicals and keep himself on his feet. You can't just ****ing replenish energy out of nowhere. He's still running on fumes, the thing is what little energy he has left is enough to keep up with an unfocused Anakin and, in his mind, end the fight before his tank hits zero.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Sep 27th, 2017 at 04:49 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:44 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

He pushed this aside, drawing once more upon the certain knowledge of his personal invincibility to open a channel to the Force. Power flowed into him, and the weight of his years dropped away

no expression

We have Dooku barely able to stay conscious due to the lack of energy he has to him resetting him here, rofl.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:47 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Ant, you've disappointed me for the last time. sad

The senate shall decide your fate...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...49#post16340649

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Sep 27th, 2017 at 04:52 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:49 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I've facepalming so hard right now.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:50 AM
UCanShootMyNova

We shall see my young padawan. Much to learn you still have. :>

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:52 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

See... what? The poll? The poll didn't make any sense. Even I don't agree with the poll. You completely misread what I wrote, ran off to make a poll about it before even asking for clarification, and, sadly, this hasn't even been your first time doing exactly this.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:53 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

kek

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:53 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

he has to him resetting him here, rofl.

Yet you post a quote showing Dooku can instantly replenish his resources.

Your intent seemed pretty clear tbh.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:55 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

EDIT: At this point I don't even know what you're on about. Neither do you, presumably.

Dooku replenished his resources -> You say Mace had little reserves left -> I used Dooku as an example that Mace can replenish his resources.

The logic is simple.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:56 AM
Haschwalth

quote:
"just as mace is about to strike him down"

That quote fits in perfectly with the context, of their fight in ROTS.

Mace was about to Kill, or take on Sidious's force lightning.
Meaning Mace had fought Sidious in a duel beforehand, that definitely would of not left Mace in perfect form.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:59 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I'm not sure if I'm not conveying myself correctly or you people just aren't getting it.

Probably both.

I never said the fight didn't happen. I said whether or not the fight happened is irrelevant.

And, no, that quote doesn't convey a fight. Mace factually did not take on his lightning though.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:00 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Haschwalth
That quote fits in perfectly with the context, of their fight in ROTS.

Not true. For example, in the movie, Mace was still attempting to arrest Palpatine when Anakin arrived, and only decided to kill him after an intense struggle with his lightning. In the game, he went for the kill immediately, entirely skipping that exchange. There's no telling one way or the other what the circumstances were in the game's version of events.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:07 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

EDIT: At this point I don't even know what you're on about. Neither do you, presumably.

Dooku replenished his resources -> You say Mace had little reserves left -> I used Dooku as an example that Mace can replenish his resources.

The logic is simple.

Where you donked up is when you assumed that Dooku is replenishing his Force reserves which is not the case.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:09 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

... what? Dooku was. He instantly replenished them. We literally read him do it.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:10 AM
UCanShootMyNova

No we don't... And that's the whole point of this kurfuffle. That you think he did and I don't.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:13 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No, your two polls were completely different.

Your first poll argued I alleged Dooku was constantly replenishing his resources: false.

Your second poll argued I believe Dooku can instantly replenish his resources: false.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:16 AM
UCanShootMyNova

No. The first poll alleged that you believed Dooku fully replenished his energy after saying Dooku had "reset" himself.

Reset meaning to set back to its former state.

You backtracked so the second thread I made asked whether or not Mace/Dooku level Force user's can replenish their depleted energy levels back to nearly full as you outright stated. I have the screen shots as well so it's too late to edit now.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:21 AM