KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Dooku a Force Accumulator?

Can Dooku fully replenish his Force reserves with a moment of concentration?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 3 50.00%
No 3 50.00%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dooku a Force Accumulator?
Started by: UCanShootMyNova

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Can we lock this thread? All future discussion to the other thread.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:25 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Also, whats with you and polls now? Every time you disagree with me, rather than debate it, you run to the polls

I wonder who Syn learnt that from?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:25 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Something I learned from you. smile

ngl he's got a point eek!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:26 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

That's a little blown out of proportion there I think, but I'm too tired to really debate it or bother checking my antics in 2016.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:27 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

That's a little blown out of proportion there I think, but I'm too tired to really debate it or bother checking my antics in 2016.

You've done it in 2017 too bro
Originally posted by NewGuy01
ngl he's got a point eek!

Damn, ninja'd

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:29 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Syn, no offense, but at this point you're being really ****ing annoying and outright retarded.

No, the first poll did not state that in the original opening, nor did I ever backtrack from that stance.

Your second version of the thread is the same as before, unless you're making the distinction be from "fully" to "nearly."

If so, I checked all my posts and found nothing states "fully." You, once again, read me wrong.

FWI, whatever you took for "fully" or "nearly fully" was just casual writing on my part. I wasn't trying to slip in a secret concession, it was just indifferent to the matter.

Ditto man.

Doesn't state what? Your claims? I don't need to. You stated them for me. These polls were made to see whether people agree with those claims or not.

I did make the distinction.

(please log in to view the image)

Read more carefully in the future.

Already addressed this. Reset generally refers to setting things back to their former state. You did indeed claim Dooku "reset" his energy reserves.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:29 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I already addressed the Maul poll, which is different in aim than this one.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:30 AM
UCanShootMyNova

I've done it one time with Kbro after a lengthy debate just to express the point that he was literally alone in his sentiment.

Ditto.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:30 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

You posting that Dooku "reset" his reserves: https://i.imgur.com/Zne8EBk.png?1

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:35 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Nah, you did exactly what Syn did. The debate was about as lengthy as the one you had with Syn before the polls came out.

Though, in fairness, on the specific point of whether or not exhaustion would be relevant to the authorial intent he's arguing for, Ant's right.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:38 AM
UCanShootMyNova

As I said, once Ant presents evidence that Prime Anakin vs Prime Mace was the author's intent, we're gucchi.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:40 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

This is my last post on the matter.

You were using quotes from Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith adult novelization by Matthew Stover to argue a point about whether or not Mace Windu was exhausted in the Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith video-game. Specifically, you were using quotes pertaining to Dooku's exhaustion and Force reserves. I have no clue why you brought up the quotes or how it related to your argument, but I was amused by the fact that, within the adult novelization, it notes how Dooku instantly replenished his resources in a specific instant. (Your first poll conveys Dooku is constantly replenishing himself, thus making it false). I never stated Dooku can do this, I was arguing the stance because you were specifically using the book. In other words, I was calling you out for double-standards, not endorsing the book. I have no clue what you were thinking since your thoughts seem so mixed up, but at one point I used the term "reset" while another I used "near full," which you jumped upon as some indication of a concession. The fact such an act is so desperate aside, that was not what I was trying to convey. I used the term "reset," perhaps improperly, from the perspective of what it did to Dooku's age. The adult novelization remarks how Dooku is aging rapidly throughout the fight with Anakin Skywalker - figuratively, of course. When Dooku replenishes himself, it notes he washed his age away, so in other words, reset his age. That was what I was getting at there, not that he was fully replenished. That being said, I am indifferent on whether or not he was fully replenished or nearly replenished, so that is irrelevant to me anyway and thus, even if I did change my mind, it would not be a concession. The point of the argument was that Dooku can replenish his resources vastly and in a short amount of time as per a source you were currently using. Whether he could do it to 85% or 100% is irrelevant to me. I recognize you don't think the quote states such, so I'll outline why I think it does:

Before Dooku replenished himself, the text noted that "He no longer even tried to strike back. Force exhaustion began to close down his perceptions, drawing his consciousness back down to his physical form, trapping him within his own skull until he could barely even feel the contours of the room around him." Later, after Anakin kicks Dooku off a balcony, it notes Dooku is so exhausted that he is unable to really even summon the Force to land on his feet. So, in other words, Dooku is in a state of exhaustion that far exceeds what was shown with Mace Windu in the Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith film. However, when Dooku replenishes himself, this Force exhaustion seemingly goes away. It is not referenced again and it also notes that "the weight of his years dropped away." This is important within the context because it previously noted that, "each block aged him a decade." This is figurative, of course, but represents the immense taxation on Dooku defending against Anakin. The replenishment quote stating that this age washed away means, therefore, that the taxation on Dooku washed away, for age is being used as a way to express the amount of pressure Anakin put on Dooku. Overall, though, Dooku got from being unable to land on his feat because he was so so messed up to being able to fully continue his fight with Anakin without any note of his previous taxation that I can recall.

Therefore, it stands to reason that Mace Windu, who is in far better shape than Anakin Skywalker, can likewise replenish himself to recover akin to how Dooku did.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:49 AM
UCanShootMyNova

You were using quotes from Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith adult novelization by Matthew Stover to argue a point about whether or not Mace Windu was exhausted in the Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith video-game. Specifically, you were using quotes pertaining to Dooku's exhaustion and Force reserves. I have no clue why you brought up the quotes or how it related to your argument,

You don't believe the basic function of utilizing Force energy causing you to lose that energy applies to the RotS video game?

but I was amused by the fact that, within the adult novelization, it notes how Dooku instantly replenished his resources in a specific instant. (Your first poll conveys Dooku is constantly replenishing himself, thus making it false).

That's your interpretation of the text. And my first poll does no such thing. It asserts that you asserted that Dooku was able to fully replenish himself in a specific moment. This was based on your claim that Dooku "reset" himself.

I never stated Dooku can do this

I was arguing the stance

I hope you see where confusion could arise from applying such a tactic...

In other words, I was calling you out for double-standards, not endorsing the book.

How was I applying double standards?

I have no clue what you were thinking since your thoughts seem so mixed up, but at one point I used the term "reset" while another I used "near full," which you jumped upon as some indication of a concession.

Reset generally means to set something back to its original state, so when you claimed Dooku could replenish/reset himself, this lead me to believe you thought Dooku could fully replenish his Force reserve in a moment's notice.

The fact such an act is so desperate aside, that was not what I was trying to convey.

Ant, you have to realize the absolute hypocrisy of such a statement. You literally say the phrase "concession accepted" jokingly ( or not ) all the time as I was doing here. I said it for heightened irony since it's become somewhat of a catch phrase for you ( or at least was a very common part of your vocabulary in the recent past ). The point was, you actively claimed that you believed Dooku and Mace could replenish their Force reserves to a point that any gap between their peaks and replenished points would be negligible and then you later backtracked and said that you do not believe that in the second poll thread. Now, I don't know whether you did that out of confusion or for some other reason, but I believed it to be the perfect moment to apply your own brand of sardonic humor. Capiche?

I used the term "reset," perhaps improperly, from the perspective of what it did to Dooku's age.

Considering we were having a conversation about Dooku refilling his energy reserves, yeah, I'd say it was a pretty improper usage of the word.

The adult novelization remarks how Dooku is aging rapidly throughout the fight with Anakin Skywalker - figuratively, of course. When Dooku replenishes himself, it notes he washed his age away, so in other words, reset his age.

Exactly. He's being physically drained from Anakin's assault. He uses the Force to physically replenish himself and wash away his weariness. Not pull Force energy from nowhere.

That was what I was getting at there, not that he was fully replenished.

Honestly, I'm highly skeptical of that given the context of our conversation but because of our friendship, I'll believe you. This is why the second poll was made.

That being said, I am indifferent on whether or not he was fully replenished or nearly replenished, so that is irrelevant to me anyway and thus, even if I did change my mind, it would not be a concession.

The "concession" was you contradicting yourself regarding Mace/Dooku being able to "nearly" replenish themselves.

The point of the argument was that Dooku can replenish his resources vastly and in a short amount of time as per a source you were currently using.

Which is the entire crux of the discussion and point of these polls. I disagree with your interpretation.

Whether he could do it to 85% or 100% is irrelevant to me. I recognize you don't think the quote states such, so I'll outline why I think it does: Before Dooku replenished himself, the text noted that "He no longer even tried to strike back. Force exhaustion began to close down his perceptions, drawing his consciousness back down to his physical form, trapping him within his own skull until he could barely even feel the contours of the room around him." Later, after Anakin kicks Dooku off a balcony, it notes Dooku is so exhausted that he is unable to really even summon the Force to land on his feet. So, in other words, Dooku is in a state of exhaustion that far exceeds what was shown with Mace Windu in the Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith film.

I'm sorry, but I have to point out that this is not the case. Even as Dooku is being described to be in this semi conscious state we see none of that in the movie. He appears to be perfectly fine if on the defensive against Anakin. I.E. he's not shown to be any worse off then Mace is. If Mace was suffering from the same sort of fatigue as Dooku we wouldn't know it.

However, when Dooku replenishes himself, this Force exhaustion seemingly goes away. It is not referenced again and it also notes that "the weight of his years dropped away." This is important within the context because it previously noted that, "each block aged him a decade." This is figurative, of course, but represents the immense taxation on Dooku defending against Anakin. The replenishment quote stating that this age washed away means, therefore, that the taxation on Dooku washed away, for age is being used as a way to express the amount of pressure Anakin put on Dooku. Overall, though, Dooku got from being unable to land on his feat because he was so so messed up to being able to fully continue his fight with Anakin without any note of his previous taxation that I can recall.

Because Anakin is no longer pressing him to the same degree he was earlier in the fight. It's not that he's suddenly regaining energy he'd already used, he's simply washing away his tiredness by drawing further on whatever Force energy he has left available to him.

Therefore, it stands to reason that Mace Windu, who is in far better shape than Anakin Skywalker, can likewise replenish himself to recover akin to how Dooku did.

Ignoring the idea of Mace replenishing himself, what do you mean by Windu being in far better shape then Anakin?

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Sep 27th, 2017 at 06:17 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 06:15 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

My arbitrary opinion is that he was able to "take a breathe of fresh air" using some sort of advanced force technique to temporarily sustain himself for a little longer. Sort of like an emergency adrenaline rush except that you need to be masterful in the force to unlock it.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 02:52 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateMuesli

you both have my quotes in your sig, stop fighting guys

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 03:05 PM
Click here to Send ChocolateMuesli a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateMuesli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Kurk
My arbitrary opinion is that he was able to "take a breathe of fresh air" using some sort of advanced force technique to temporarily sustain himself for a little longer. Sort of like an emergency adrenaline rush except that you need to be masterful in the force to unlock it.

So pretty much like every Force User can do? Because sustaining one's self with The Force to go on longer isn't anything grand or special.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 03:11 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zenwolf
So pretty much like every Force User can do? Because sustaining one's self with The Force to go on longer isn't anything grand or special.
Do you have a better theory? miffed

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:06 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Yes, he just told you.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:57 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote