KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Will Snoke more powerful than Sidious?

Will Snoke be more powerful than Sidious?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, he will be more powerful. 12 52.17%
No, he will be less powerful. 9 39.13%
They will be equal (more or less) 2 8.70%
Total: 23 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Will Snoke more powerful than Sidious?
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

@kurk, source?

Also, vitiate's canon now?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
@kurk, source?

Also, vitiate's canon now?

Nah, still Legends.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 08:49 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Nah, still Legends.

But the quote kurk posted mentioned Vitiate....

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 09:14 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
But the quote kurk posted mentioned Vitiate....

Novel mentions nothing of Vitiate or anything like that, just that Palps sensed some great force that called to him.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Sep 28th, 2017 at 09:25 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 09:22 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by Kurk
Kylo freezing bolts midair, ripping information out of minds, surviving a bow-caster shot; yes he's a shit duelist, but those force feats are nothing to laugh at considering how young Kylo is.

He is at least Savage Oppress level in terms of raw power.

It would make sense for Snoke to be, you know, powerful enough to where Kylo can't overthrow him.

"He is said to be very ancient (thousands of years old) and powerful. In the novel, Empire’s End, Palpatine states that he sensed a powerful dark side presence in the outer rims calling out to him, so powerful he believes it is the source of the dark side itself. He dispatched numerous search parties, and used a supercomputer from Darth Vitiate’s Sith Empire (hidden in an observatory under Jakku) to calculate pathways for navigation. These imperial search parties eventually became the foundation of the First Order, led by Snoke. Now, it seems logical to speculate that the uber-powerful dark presence Palpatine sensed was non other than Snoke. Therefore, it seems that Snoke may have surpassed Palpatine in power."

Where is that quote from

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:26 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Re: Will Snoke more powerful than Sidious?

Originally posted by Rebel95
What do you guys think? Vote please
I have said so from the beginning. Of course he will. Starkiller vastly more powerful than the Death Star and Snoke will be a lot more powerful than that weak old man Palpatine.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 11:47 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysentinel365

Of course he will be. "Biggerer is betterer"

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 12:01 AM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
I have said so from the beginning. Of course he will. Starkiller vastly more powerful than the Death Star and Snoke will be a lot more powerful than that weak old man Palpatine.
...except that Snoke is, like, hundreds of years older. Have you seen his deformities lol?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 12:19 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Snoke isn't a man.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 12:21 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

...except that Snoke is, like, hundreds of years older. Have you seen his deformities lol?
Snoke aged better. Obviously. Palpatine was a weak cuck to the bitter end. **** him. Snoke and Kylo are better than Palpatine and Vader. I've said so since the first film.

#teamsnoke

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 12:33 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Snoke aged better. Obviously. Palpatine was a weak cuck to the bitter end. **** him. Snoke and Kylo are better than Palpatine and Vader. I've said so since the first film.

#teamsnoke
(please log in to view the image)

*aged better*

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 12:41 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

He looks spectacular. Thanks for proving my point.

Palpatine and his sub par posture can rot in hell for all I care.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 12:43 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

playa1258 is online now!

He will be more powerful by a significant margin.

Only Luke will have a chance against him.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:02 AM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sheevites will be crying forever.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:13 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I warned Sheevites for years and if even one of these Sheevites tries to jump ship I'll kill them where they stand.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:34 AM
ares834

We don't know that.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:47 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

We don't really know anything yet. Heh. Basics aside.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:12 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

He looks spectacular. Thanks for proving my point.

Palpatine and his sub par posture can rot in hell for all I care.

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well he has/had no relationship with Sidious at all. But Vader was his grandfather, and the source of his own powers. Whereas Snoke is his current dark side master.

Like I said it just wouldn't make much sense to me. Not that this Star Wars trilogy makes much sense as it is.

Him having no relationship with Sidious is irrelevant, as according to you his goal is power. The fact that Anakin is his grandfather would make the familial bond only stronger and make him aspire to be his level first and then maybe overthrow Snoke later. Once again, it could also be referring to the task of handling the Jedi Order.

Let me give you a real life example: A young boy hears how his grandfather was a soldier in a war, who fought bravely for his country. Inspired, he goes into the millitary to try and emulate what his grandfather did. Would he then immediately throw his grandpa out the window as a set goal when he sees the generals overseeng his training and be like Yeah, screw that old cuck, I wanna be like this big dude who's barking orders at me!?
No, obviously not. The connection between Ren and Vader is familial and a key part for the emotional development of Ben.

An example in Star Wars is how ancient Sith such as Exar Kun, or TOR Sith such as Malgus inspired Palpatine's acolytes and even Vader... I'm assuming Malgus is > Sidious now?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:35 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Originally posted by Zenwolf
How are you coming to that specific conclusion exactly?
Nothing really specific, I just get the feeling that's what Lucasfilm is going for. Like you said yourself, they seem to be operating based on a "bigger is better" plan. And what SW villains are bigger than DE Sidious and Valkorion? I mean, sans Abeloth, but I don't think she's gonna be included into Canon anytime soon.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:45 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote