KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Battle of the Bishes: Vaylin vs. Zannah

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Vaylin 8 80.00%
Zannah 2 20.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle of the Bishes: Vaylin vs. Zannah
Started by: The_Tempest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Tempest

Battle of the Bishes: Vaylin vs. Zannah

Takes place inside the Temple on Dromund Kaas. All out fight. Peak iterations.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 03:24 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Can people provide reasons, if not arguments?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 03:37 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

A chained Vaylin is capable of casually breaking senyas neck, the strongest of all zakuulian Knights. Senya is most likely above Satele/Marr.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 03:44 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I have Vaylin higher than Zannah on a power list, but as to how they specifically match up against each other, Vaylin is uniquely psychologically and emotionally ****ed up for someone of her power level, so IMO if Zannah can hit her with a spell of madness its all ogre, but if Vaylin somehow overpowers Zannah before she gets that chance Vaylin wins.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 03:49 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Vaylin is too powerful even if I like Zannah far more.

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 03:52 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I have Vaylin higher than Zannah on a power list, but as to how they specifically match up against each other, Vaylin is uniquely psychologically and emotionally ****ed up for someone of her power level, so IMO if Zannah can hit her with a spell of madness its all ogre, but if Vaylin somehow overpowers Zannah before she gets that chance Vaylin wins.

So you think Zannah's only hope would be asymmetric warfare? What puts Vaylin above Zannah, and by how much?
Conversely, wouldn't Vaylin's superior power enable her to withstand such eldrith powers from Zannah?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 03:57 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by The_Tempest
So you think Zannah's only hope would be asymmetric warfare? What puts Vaylin above Zannah, and by how much?

I'm not really the Vaylin expert, but Arcann on his own has some pretty impressive feats such as TKing the shit out of KOTFE Outlander and shielding himself from spirit Valk's lightning for several seconds, and even chained Vaylin scales above him in Force power, and while I have Bane and Zannah above Arcann, unchained Vaylin scales above him to such an extent that he's not even remotely comparable to her, so I'd say she'd fall somewhere along the Banite gap between Bane and Plagueis, not certain enough to place her in a specific place along that gap for certain but I can say I have her above Zannah overall on a list.

Conversely, wouldn't Vaylin's superior power enable her to withstand such eldrith powers from Zannah?

I don't think it's a question of power with Zannah's sorcery at all. Upon studying Zannah's sorcery and having personally trained her for decades with Bane himself having access to knowledge from Darth Revan's holocron, Freedon Nadd's holocron, Sorzus Syn's holocron, Andeddu's holocron, and the Brotherhood's own knowledge (which say what you will about the Brotherhood but their knowledge of telepathy was actually fairly advanced with Bane having learned the memory walk ability from them, Githany having learned mind meld from them, each master in the brotherhood being highly mentally trained etc), and with knowledge of all these sources with plenty of telepathic and sorcery knowledge, including the source material for Zannah's sorcery, upon looking for a counter to that sorcery for two decades Bane concluded the only real defense for Zannah's sorcery is sheer willpower, not some special technique, and not raw force power.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Well, to be fair, just being far more powerful than Zannah wasnt exactly an option for Bane.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:25 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

I would say, Vaylins willpower is quite high, as she managed to control the out poor of energy when she was unleashing(Breaking her chains), if not she would of died.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:26 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Interesting.

I'm not a Vaylin or Arcann expert either, but the feats you mentioned don't strike me as being outside Zannah's purview. In fact, if a non-Force sensitive smuggler can defeat Arcann, couldn't Zannah stomp him? (Just playing the Devil's advocate here.)

So why do you have Vaylin > Zannah? And if so, by how much?

Conversely, wouldn't the extreme efforts Valkorion underwent to contain Vaylin's power suggest she could no sell Zannah'a more eldritch powers?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:28 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Interesting.

I'm not a Vaylin or Arcann expert either, but the feats you mentioned don't strike me as being outside Zannah's purview. In fact, if a non-Force sensitive smuggler can defeat Arcann, couldn't Zannah stomp him? (Just playing the Devil's advocate here.)

Conversely, wouldn't the extreme efforts Valkorion underwent to contain Vaylin's power suggest she could no sell Zannah'a more eldritch powers?

I'll get back to you later. I'm a bit busy with homework and a birthday message for someone atm.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:31 PM
Haschwalth

Interesting.

quote:
if a non-Force sensitive smuggler can defeat Arcann,

He also killed Valkorian.........
Nah, HoT is the portrayed character to defeat them, Valkorian possessing a non force sensitive, then getting their body ready to receive his spirit, yeah no......
He needs someone with a bit more midichlorians fyi.

And yeah, the fact he could normally Mentally dominate her, would put Vaylin out of Zannahs range.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:33 PM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Haschwalth
He also killed Valkorian.........
Nah, HoT is the portrayed character to defeat them, Valkorian possessing a non force sensitive, then getting their body ready to receive his spirit, yeah no......
He needs someone with a bit more midichlorians fyi.

?
Pretty sure I've seen footage of the smuggler doing it. Why is the smuggler an invalid choice?
Not really: wasn't a lesser Valk able to imbue non Force sensitive guards with Force sensitive properties?

I agree it doesn't mesh with standard SW lore, but little of SWTOR does.

quote:
And yeah, the fact he could normally Mentally dominate her, would put Vaylin out of Zannahs range.

I can see an argument being made for it.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:36 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

There's pretty solid evidence pointing towards the Knight being the canon class for the Outlander. You know, the whole vision Scourge had about the Knight taking Vitiate's crown and wielding his power, for starters.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:38 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by NewGuy01
There's pretty solid evidence pointing towards the Knight being the canon class for the Outlander. You know, the whole vision Scourge had about the Knight taking Vitiate's crown and wielding his power, for starters.

Valk didn't wear a crown. Your argument is invalid.

Joking aside, has there been confirmation that the Jedi Knight is the "canon" class for the Outlander?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:41 PM
Haschwalth

?
Pretty sure I've seen footage of the smuggler doing it. Why is the smuggler an invalid choice?
Not really: wasn't a lesser Valk able to imbue non Force sensitive guards with Force sensitive properties?

I agree it doesn't mesh with standard SW lore, but little of SWTOR does.

Swtor developers are lazy, so they let the non force sensitives pull off the same feats, as the sensitives. It sort of limits the force sensitive feats tbh.

Yes, but he needed someone strong enough to hold his Spirit, that's why he had to toughen up the Outlander. Just look at Nihilus, his body couldn't hold his raw power, so he shed it. And, he saw, Vaylin/Arcann/Thexan as his children so, he had some sort of connection to them, they just didn't live up to his standards. So, he possess the outlander instead.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:42 PM
Haschwalth

It's futher backed, when Valkorian allows the outlander to use his power against Arcann, and His body is screwed from the affects, literally passess out like 20 mins later.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:47 PM
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

He's not exactly invalid but we're going to need to concile his defeat by the smuggler with his trashing of the HoTlander in the early chapters.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:49 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Valk didn't wear a crown. Your argument is invalid.

Joking aside, has there been confirmation that the Jedi Knight is the "canon" class for the Outlander?

Only that he's the class shown in all the promotional material. Again, though, it's pretty clear cut from a story perspective; in his visions, Scourge saw the Knight kill Vitiate, take his crown, and wield his power. The Outlander wielded Vitiate's power, the Outlander killed Vitiate, and the Outlander now rules his kingdom. How could it possibly be any of the other classes? If it were, the Knight wouldn't have accomplished a single one of the three things that we were told he would.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:41 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Visions have been known to be wrong before. smile

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:43 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote