KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Will Snoke more powerful than Sidious?

Will Snoke be more powerful than Sidious?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, he will be more powerful. 12 52.17%
No, he will be less powerful. 9 39.13%
They will be equal (more or less) 2 8.70%
Total: 23 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Will Snoke more powerful than Sidious?
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane77
Nothing really specific, I just get the feeling that's what Lucasfilm is going for. Like you said yourself, they seem to be operating based on a "bigger is better" plan. And what SW villains are bigger than DE Sidious and Valkorion? I mean, sans Abeloth, but I don't think she's gonna be included into Canon anytime soon.

Well I mean, Canon is pretty much a clean slate, so he could be more powerful within the context of the Canon universe but not the Legends.

I'm just not really seeing DE Sid or Valk levels, given how ridiculous some of their stuff is. I mean we'll see what's what though.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:51 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rebel95
Where is that quote from
Quora

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 10:14 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Kurk
Quora

laughing

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 10:43 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by MythLord
Him having no relationship with Sidious is irrelevant, as according to you his goal is power. The fact that Anakin is his grandfather would make the familial bond only stronger and make him aspire to be his level first and then maybe overthrow Snoke later. Once again, it could also be referring to the task of handling the Jedi Order.

Let me give you a real life example: A young boy hears how his grandfather was a soldier in a war, who fought bravely for his country. Inspired, he goes into the millitary to try and emulate what his grandfather did. Would he then immediately throw his grandpa out the window as a set goal when he sees the generals overseeng his training and be like Yeah, screw that old cuck, I wanna be like this big dude who's barking orders at me!?
No, obviously not. The connection between Ren and Vader is familial and a key part for the emotional development of Ben.

An example in Star Wars is how ancient Sith such as Exar Kun, or TOR Sith such as Malgus inspired Palpatine's acolytes and even Vader... I'm assuming Malgus is > Sidious now?

When he meets a better mentor then he would most likely look up to him more than to his revered ancestor. Doesn't mean he's saying "screw him" to the ancestor.

Unless of course Snoke is some completely different entity where he can't possibly ever hope to be as powerful.

Otherwise I have no idea why you family ties will always be so much stronger than ties with real life mentors.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Sep 29th, 2017 at 11:51 AM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 11:42 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Because it's a certain familial standard and wish to finish what his grandpa started. Also, yeah there is the possibility and all-likelihood that Snoke is simply beyond Kylo's ability to surpass.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 03:31 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
laughing
Should be pretty easy to rip apart that quote then, right?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:37 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Because it's a certain familial standard and wish to finish what his grandpa started. Also, yeah there is the possibility and all-likelihood that Snoke is simply beyond Kylo's ability to surpass.

Well I'm hoping not. There's no need for Snoke to be > Palpatine in this time period where besides Luke the only threats are Rey and Kylo, and Vader would trounce them both.

I really hope they don't just do the Starkiller Base compared to Death Star nonesense.

Plus Snoke seems to have been in hiding during the OT. Unless of course he came later from another galaxy or some shit like that.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 05:21 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Snoke and Palpatine were implied to wage a mental, Dark Side war in Empire's End IIRC.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:16 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Snoke and Palpatine were implied to wage a mental, Dark Side war in Empire's End IIRC.

who won?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 11:13 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

I just thought that Sidious sensed a powerful dark side presence in the unknown regions or something

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Empire's End doesn't indicate anything to me, really. We know far too little about Snoke to make a judgement on this now. All I can say is that it's possible, given the ST is so far trying to one-up the OT on everything.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 12:51 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by SunRazer
All I can say is that it's possible, given the ST is so far trying to one-up the OT on everything.

When will they get that doesn't make it any good.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:19 AM
quanchi112
Disney

When I am proven Snoke is superior and called it out of the gate you bet your ass I'm going to rub this shit in. Prepare yourselves Sheevites because Snoke is coming for you. smile

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:58 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I honestly don't even think he will be more powerful than Vader.

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I see Snoke being Dooku level at best tbh.

We called it b****es!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 10:07 AM
quanchi112
Disney

We called it b****es!
Andy Serkis and reality disagree with you. This thread is proof the Ot fanboys won't accept anything that contradicts their preconceived notions. Rey and Ben are so extremely powerful Luke only felt this level of power twice. On screen Snoke obliterated Rey in terms of force power. Undeniable.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 01:58 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheMuser

I Hate to be....ya know.....that guy. But if we are comparing Rey/Kylo to Legends characters their honestly not even that good from what I can tell. Luke/Snoke aren't much better.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 03:07 PM
Click here to Send TheMuser a Private Message Find more posts by TheMuser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by TheMuser
I Hate to be....ya know.....that guy. But if we are comparing Rey/Kylo to Legends characters their honestly not even that good from what I can tell. Luke/Snoke aren't much better.

Well the majority of threads with them are just New Canon only, so don't think that's a real issue.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 03:15 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 03:12 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

We called it b****es!

Snoke would TK crush Dooku and Vader into a ball and then use it to knock Palpatine's head off his shoulders. laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 03:13 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Andy Serkis and reality disagree with you.

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 03:29 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quanchi, it's a pretty bad indication of your own bias when you just happen to wank or un-wank every single character that you predicted was going to be powerful or weak before the movie even comes out (e.g. Snoke, Superman, etc.). There are two possibilities:

1. You have magical foresight and can predict the plot details of every single movie, or

2. You twist everything to suit your preconceived biases.

I somehow doubt it's the first one.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 03:32 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote