KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Plagueis vs Darth Caedus [Sabers Only]

Darth Plagueis vs Darth Caedus [Sabers Only]
Started by: Deronn_solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Honestly, Caedus.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:22 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twotter
Restricted

Account Restricted

What a shitshow.

Anyway... there's nothing in my mind that suggests Caedus is any higher than a tier 8 swordsman. Maul level is fine, but he might not even be there. Caedus functions best as an all rounder. That means he doesn't rely on any single art to meet his ends in combat. For example, he would have been dispatched quicker than Lumiya against Luke if he :

1) wasn't already circumstantially amped
2) didn't use TK to retreat from the fight and poison Luke with a Vong entrapment.

Given that we have every reasonable reason to believe Plagueis is more powerful than Jacen, the subjectivity of novel blurbs withstanding, He should win a lightsaber fight.

“We defeated the wrong enemy” - General George S. Patton, Berlin 1945

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:32 PM
Click here to Send twotter a Private Message Find more posts by twotter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Plagueis, absolutely.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:33 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Honestly, Caedus.
Why?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Either way.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 11:19 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Sheev never presumably trained on his own as he wasn't interested in lightsaber combat, which would be consistent with his character after TPM when he only focused on the Force and didn't care for lightsabers at all, so we can conclude all he knew from lightsaber combat came from sparring with Plagueis. Sidious and Plagueis also talked about how the latter had bested the former in spars around the timeframe of TPM. There's also James Luceno (I don't personally care for authorial intent but for those who do, I'll drop this here) stating Plagueis would have beaten Palpatine in a duel during TPM.

Given how Sheev handled the B-team vs Caedus having problems with Katarn and co., I don't think the latter stacks up very favorably against Plagueis here. The winner is quite clear in my mind.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 11:31 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is this a troll? Caedus gets murked

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 11:53 PM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Azronger
There's also James Luceno (I don't personally care for authorial intent but for those who do, I'll drop this here) stating Plagueis would have beaten Palpatine in a duel during TPM.

Lightsaber skill isn't likely to be relevant in a duel between Sith of Sidious' and Plagueis' level.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 12:39 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

thumb up

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 12:44 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

The person who asked the question wasn't asking Luceno who would have won in a lightsaber fight.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 01:18 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Going with Caedus.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 01:20 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Why?

Going by feats and implied power alone, Caedus is the superior physical specimen and precognitive user, via knowing, and mastering - arcane techniques such as Fighting Sight, both being the cream of the crop in regards to lightsaber battles. Plagueis maybe the more powerful Force user, but I don't know if that's enough to circumvent Jacen's named advantages above.

The dude was capable of besting Jaina Solo while sporting a lightsaber wound in his gut and the loss of a ****ing limb. Obviously, Plagueis lacks showings as a pure fencer, so this battle is a little silly from the get-go.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 01:36 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Going by feats and implied power alone, Caedus is the superior physical specimen and precognitive user, via knowing, and mastering - arcane techniques such as Fighting Sight, both being the cream of the crop in regards to lightsaber battles. Plagueis maybe the more powerful Force user, but I don't know if that's enough to circumvent Jacen's named advantages above.

The dude was capable of besting Jaina Solo while sporting a lightsaber wound in his gut and the loss of a ****ing limb. Obviously, Plagueis lacks showings as a pure fencer, so this battle is a little silly from the get-go.

Make's ya wonder what kinda tard would make this thread, huh?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 01:39 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Make's ya wonder what kinda tard would make this thread, huh?

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 01:44 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Going with Caedus.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 03:01 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Azronger
Sidious and Plagueis also talked about how the latter had bested the former in spars around the timeframe of TPM.

WHAT!? QUOTE!

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 07:09 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Lightsaber skill isn't likely to be relevant in a duel between Sith of Sidious' and Plagueis' level.

I disagree. Sidious has been stated to be "the most powerful Sith Master who ever lived" as of TPM and "possessed all of Plagueis' secrets" at that time, while additionally not lacking talent in any particular area e.g. Sith Sorcery like Plagueis does. Plagueis could hardly have beaten Sidious for a majority if lightsaber skill wasn't relevant.

Last edited by Azronger on Oct 1st, 2017 at 08:03 AM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 08:01 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by MythLord
WHAT!? QUOTE!

"You have made him fearsome," Plagueis remarked without turning from the recording, as the athletic Zabrak cleaved a Collicoid Eradicator droid down the middle and whirled to cut two other in half. The yellow-eyed humanoid's hairless head bore a crown of small horns and geometrical patterns of black and red markings.

"Fearless, as well," Sidious said. "Still, they are only droids. He's even more formidable against living beings."

Plagueis looked over his should, his eyes narrowed in question. "You've fought him in a serious way?" Reconstructed vocal chords and trachea imparted a metallic quality to his voice, as if he were speaking through an enunciator.

"I stranded him on Hypori for a month without food and with only a horde of assassin droids for company. Then I returned to goad and challenge him. All things considered, he fought well, even after I deprived him of his lightsaber. He wanted to kill me, but was prepared to die by my hand."

Plagueis turned fully to face him. "Rather than punish him for disobedience, you praise his resolve."

"He was already humbled. I chose to leave his honor intact. I proclaimed him my myrmidon; the embodiment of the violent half of our partnership."

"Parthership?" Plagueis repeated harshly.

"His and mine; not ours."

"Regardless, you allowed him to believe that he is more skilled than he actually is."

"Did you not do the same for me?"

Plagueis' eyes reflected in disappointment. "Never, Sidious. I have always been truthful with you."

Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 08:10 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Interesting, never picked up on that. Yeah, that's a strong indication of where Sidious' skill really comes from, and how well Plagueis can perform against him.

Not that there's much doubt Plagueis is a great duelist to begin with, but for the nay-sayers...

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 08:50 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by ILS
Interesting, never picked up on that. Yeah, that's a strong indication of where Sidious' skill really comes from, and how well Plagueis can perform against him.

Not that there's much doubt Plagueis is a great duelist to begin with, but for the nay-sayers...

You know what else makes you think? That Tenebrous hadn't "actually trained" Plagueis in virtually anything, yet we know that Plagueis is just as skilled as Sidious with a lightsaber... It's quite curious to think about what that implies for Tenebrous.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 09:15 AM