KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » General Grievous vs. Cin Drallig.

General Grievous vs. Cin Drallig.
Started by: The Merchant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Big Gerald
Star Wars Expert

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
You do realise that the clone wars micro series was always considered "exaggerated" right. So the comparison is here is pretty fair tbh.

Lol you said micro

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 12:23 AM
Click here to Send Big Gerald a Private Message Find more posts by Big Gerald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Lmao. And you don't think most of the other sh!t in the EU was considered "exaggerated?"

So why complain about Game Drallig then Lol. Anyway Micro series was specifically noted as such.

Originally posted by Zenwolf
What is exaggeration anyway? Like where is the line? I mean you can't say one thing is exaggerated, then go onto say that something else isn't, even if it's a bigger and better thing. Seems to me 'exaggeration' is just a word that's thrown around, just to throw it around when quite clearly throughout all of the EU in SW, it's everywhere so...there's no real point I see.

It takes feats on a completely new level for certain characters just like the ROTS video game did for Cin Drallig.

So no point in whining about using ROTS Video game Drallig, when we're using Micro series Drallig.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 05:02 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 04:58 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by SunRazer
I'm sure Drallig could best current Grievous, who's only good for anything with intimidation and surprise on his side.

Yea, that's definitely how he beat TCW Kenobi, or forced Fisto and his Padawan to give everything they had to hold him off.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 05:28 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Those were probably littered with circumstances. Filoni's come out saying Grievous as of S4 can't even beat Ventress. And Kit was beating back Grievous on his lonesome.

Maybe things change after S4. Haven't seen that S7 thing where he apparently beats Kenobi.

Last edited by SunRazer on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 06:08 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 06:04 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Those were probably littered with circumstances. Filoni's come out saying Grievous as of S4 can't even beat Ventress. And Kit was beating back Grievous on his lonesome.

Maybe things change after S4. Haven't seen that S7 thing where he apparently beats Kenobi.

laughing
Off course Grievous's good showings are the ones littered with circumstances when it's the supposed bad showings which are actually circumstantial.

Ventress: Nexus. On even ground Grevious performances constant outdueling of TCW Kenobi shows his superiority,

Fisto: Grievous wasn't properly repaired and Fisto used an environmental edge. Before, Fisto and his Padawan needed all they had to hold Grievous off and then Fisto wouldn't even contemplating taking Grievous on with his padawan's help.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:37 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

The nexus isn't factored per author intent, which was that Grievous at this point can't even beat Ventress. Grievous doesn't repeatedly outduel Obi-Wan at all:

1. Their encounter in S1 Ep04 was basically Obi-Wan clashing with Grievous, then running away and Grievous knocking him down when he catches up. Not at all indicative of a regular fight.

2. Their encounter in S2 Ep09 starts with Obi-Wan being cornered. Unfair from the start.

3. Their encounter in S3 Ep02 features Grievous overpowering Kenobi solely through pulling out another arm while Obi-Wan was engaged in a bladelock.

Regarding Kit, I thought Grievous was fully repaired (the parts were certainly replaced), it was just that his medical droid recommended "rest". Probably a minor difference. As for Kit "using the environment", that was effectively inconsequential. All he does is leap over Grievous' head, then some time later he ignites his saber. Grievous intercepts the attack and they bladelock (ie. it becomes moot), then Kit pushes the General back and severs one of his hands, and they trade blows before Kit ends the fight with a Force Push and Grievous' bodyguards come in.

Kit and Nahdar needed all they had to hold off Grievous? They start by engaging Grievous, who bladelocks them and then draws two more sabers and forces them to retreat. The rest of the fight is a jumble of cables, jumping around and throwing clones around, so that's not valid.

In fact, Nahdar by himself doing fine against Grievous until the latter engaged him in a bladelock and drew a blaster to shoot him while he was defenceless. Admittedly, I forgot about Grievous separating his arms for additional attacks while bladelocking, but I'm still not convinced about him taking a majority. Again, that might change in S7.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 08:41 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

The nexus isn't factored per author intent, which was that Grievous at this point can't even beat Ventress.

laughing You want us to ignore context we know is present because it isn't explicitly stated?

So we're clear, nexuses, are a thing in canon. A nexus amplified Talzin to matching Sidious, was hindering Kenobi against Ventress in Dark Disciple, and was authoritatively implied to exist by Henry Gilroy.

Grievous doesn't repeatedly outduel Obi-Wan at all:

1. Their encounter in S1 Ep04 was basically Obi-Wan clashing with Grievous, then running away and Grievous knocking him down when he catches up. Not at all indicative of a regular fight.

2. Their encounter in S2 Ep09 starts with Obi-Wan being cornered. Unfair from the start.

3. Their encounter in S3 Ep02 features Grievous overpowering Kenobi solely through pulling out another arm while Obi-Wan was engaged in a bladelock.

I was referring to their season 5, and yes, season 7 bout. though since you like authorial intent so much, what do you suppose the intent here was?

And so I don't have to explain this again, Feloni's statement putting Grievous below council masters was specifically referring to them being able to beat him via telekinesis, not saber ability.
Regarding Kit, I thought Grievous was fully repaired (the parts were certainly replaced), it was just that his medical droid recommended "rest". Probably a minor difference. As for Kit "using the environment", that was effectively inconsequential. All he does is leap over Grievous' head, then some time later he ignites his saber. Grievous intercepts the attack and they bladelock (ie. it becomes moot), then Kit pushes the General back and severs one of his hands, and they trade blows before Kit ends the fight with a Force Push and Grievous' bodyguards come in.

no

Exhibit A:
quote:
The general quickly leaped up, black smoke pouring from his armor.
The Clone Wars: Grievous Attacks!
Kit flew out of the fog and engaged Grievous. The general spun his four lightsabers like propellers and drove Kit back.
Suddenly Kit somersaulted over Grievous' head. The general turned and slashed with his lightsabers, but Kit had vanished back into the fog.

Exhibit B:
quote:

He turned his body side-ways so that he could fight the Jedi on either side of him with two lightsabers each. It took all that the two Jedi had to hold off Grievous' advances.

Grievous>Fisto.
In fact, Nahdar by himself doing fine against Grievous until the latter engaged him in a bladelock and drew a blaster to shoot him while he was defenceless. [/B]

laughing I think that Vebb was fully occupied by Grevious using only two blades should tell you that he was fcked.

And yea, Grievous could have also drawn a light saber if he so chose. Again, this is nonsense. thumb up

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 09:03 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 08:56 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

quote:
You want us to ignore context we know is present because it isn't explicitly stated?

So we're clear, nexuses, are a thing in canon. A nexus amplified Talzin to matching Sidious, was hindering Kenobi against Ventress in Dark Disciple, and was authoritatively implied to exist by Henry Gilroy.

No, I want us to ignore "context" because it's explicitly stated that Grievous can't beat Ventress without it anyway.

quote:
I was referring to their season 5, and yes, season 7 bout. though since you like authorial intent so much, what do you suppose the intent here was?

Just watched it. It's literally another saberlock + disengage extra hands and strike. If he manages that against Drallig, he probably would win. Otherwise, though, he goes down.

quote:
And so I don't have to explain this again, Feloni's statement putting Grievous below council masters was specifically referring to them being able to beat him via telekinesis, not saber ability.

I'm not sure what this is in response to. I never mentioned it anywhere. Since you're bringing it up, though, could I see the quote?

quote:
Exhibit A:
The general quickly leaped up, black smoke pouring from his armor.
Kit flew out of the fog and engaged Grievous. The general spun his four lightsabers like propellers and drove Kit back.
Suddenly Kit somersaulted over Grievous' head. The general turned and slashed with his lightsabers, but Kit had vanished back into the fog.

I was referring to the TCW episode itself, but this is much the same thing. The passage you quoted is fair but ultimately inconsequential. Kit later comes out of the fog and proceeds to both disarm and drive back Grievous in plain view. Complete cherry-picking here.

quote:
He turned his body side-ways so that he could fight the Jedi on either side of him with two lightsabers each. It took all that the two Jedi had to hold off Grievous' advances.
Grievous>Fisto.

That might be the case if Kit didn't end up disarming Grievous and driving him back later in plain view, by himself. Cherry-picking a segment of a fight that lasted a few seconds and came right after Grievous pulled out extra sabers just as the Jedi tried to attack doesn't help your case.

quote:
I think that Vebb was fully occupied by Grevious using only two blades should tell you that he was fcked.

And yea, Grievous could have also drawn a light saber if he so chose. Again, this is nonsense.

Sure, but as I said, that's assuming he can get into a bladelock and doesn't draw all of his sabers at once.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 09:23 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Wait, when was it stated Grevious can't beat Ventress?

Also, I love how you're accusing me of cherry picking when you're picking the fight where Grievous had smoke coming out of his armor and Fisto utilized the environment to gain an advantage.

And what is this nonsense about Grievous using his extra arms and legs being circumstantial? It's perfectly fair game for Grevious to utilize all the tools he has at his disposal here. And yea, if it works against Kenobi, it'll work fine against Cin Drallig.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 10:41 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 10:35 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Sure it's valid, but it doesn't happen every time.

Kit got no advantage from the environment when he actually disarmed Grievous, and Grievous isn't smoking when he fights Kit in the TCW episode itself.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 10:47 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Wait, when was it stated Grevious can't beat Ventress?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/03/...season-4?page=3

"I still don't believe that, at this point -- one-to-one -- that Grievous could really take out someone like Ventress in a lightsaber fight. I mean, it's just me, but he doesn't have the Force."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:32 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Filoni be like "gRieVos dOEsN't HAvE tHe fORcE" then goes on and writes Dooku being captured by pirates, Kenobi being knocked out by a slaver, Anakin trading blows with a senator, Maul being humiliated by a dog, Cad tanking the combined mental assault of 3 of the 4 most powerful Jedi of the time, Vizla fighting equally with 2 of the best swordsman in the history of 2 Orders...

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:46 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yes we know. Filoni sucks.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 12:21 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Darth Thor
So why complain about Game Drallig then Lol. Anyway Micro series was specifically noted as such.

Where did I complain about it?

Whether it was specifically noted as such is irrelevant because other feats throughout the EU are even more "exaggerated" and are apparently performed by even less powerful individuals.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 04:49 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

It's not implausible Ventress surpassed TCW Kenobi before Kenobi got ahead of her when she become a bounty hunter

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 10:15 PM
cs_zoltan

Kenobi always shits on the bald c-unt.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 10:17 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Kenobi always shits on the bald c-unt.

not in season 3

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 10:17 PM
cs_zoltan

I don't recall what the f-uck happened then, but Kenobi was way better in the TCW movie and Dark Disciple. So he shit on her in general thumb up

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 01:05 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
I don't recall what the f-uck happened then, but Kenobi was way better in the TCW movie and Dark Disciple. So he shit on her in general thumb up

Right. The TCW Movie happens before season 3, and Dark Disciple happens after Ventress has become a bounty hunter.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 02:04 AM
Rebel95

Probably Grievous, but considering how easily Obi Wan beat him (in their duel, before Grievous fled) Drallig could have a decent chance

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 02:06 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote