KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » TCW Maul/Savage Opress vs. Count Dooku/Darth Vader (Sabers only)

TCW Maul/Savage Opress vs. Count Dooku/Darth Vader (Sabers only)
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

TCW Maul/Savage Opress vs. Count Dooku/Darth Vader (Sabers only)

Fight takes place in Mauls Kingdom

Who wins

Canon only

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:17 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Savage Force chokes. smile

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 04:54 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Savage Force chokes. smile

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 06:17 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

As per Filoni, Maul is a Vader-realm threat as of TCW, so that suggests him and Vader would have a good fight. Also, as we saw in Rebels, Maul was pretty equal with Ahsoka, who performed admirably against Vader, and that was a Maul who at best hadn't changed, perhaps declined a bit.

As we saw, Savage not even yet in his prime, was able to drive Dooku back and disarm him, due to sheer strength. It's reasonable to assume that this isn't just a fluke, as Dooku does indeed find strength problematic in a duel, let alone against a hulk like Savage. I believe if Savage squared off against Dooku purely in a duel, the evidence shows Dooku can't handle parrying Savage's strikes for very long, which leaves him few options for victory - he doesn't have the Force here.

If the fight plays out with the MVPs fighting each other (Maul and Vader), and the lesser two squaring off (Savage and Dooku), I reason that Savage can defeat Dooku by disarming/pummelling him while Maul and Vader go back and forth. Once Maul and Savage team up, however, Vader is in serious trouble.

Of course a lot can happen in a duel, and it may not happen as ideally as that: however, given that Vader detests Dooku, meanwhile Maul and Savage have exhibited fantastic teamwork, that can only be another point in the brother's favour.

Even if it was Vader vs Savage, Maul vs Dooku, the brothers are in with a shot: I don't see Vader stomping Savage, given Savage's impressive performances against most everyone else he fought, and Maul's style of fighting is pretty problematic for Dooku (erratic, hyper-aggressive, strength-based etc), though in that scenario Vader and Dooku surely have the better match up.

Close one, good thread carthage.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:17 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

thumb up

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:41 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateMuesli

pretty good trolling by ils there, he did well at appearing serious

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:48 PM
Click here to Send ChocolateMuesli a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateMuesli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

kek

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:50 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good effort ILS

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 08:15 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't see one goddamn counter-argument

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 10:25 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Me neither.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 10:35 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by ILS
As per Filoni, Maul is a Vader-realm threat as of TCW, so that suggests him and Vader would have a good fight. Also, as we saw in Rebels, Maul was pretty equal with Ahsoka, who performed admirably against Vader, and that was a Maul who at best hadn't changed, perhaps declined a bit.

quote me if this is real

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:04 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Anyway, Maul is the clear weak link here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxOVuOsf444

Given that the above version of Kenobi was a shadow of his ofrmer self and that Dooku kicked ROTS Kenobi, it's fairly obvious Dooku would just blitz Maul here.

Oppress wields impressive Grievous + strength given his avility to drive Dooku back, but this will mena little as Vader has already beat an indisputably more powerful version of Grievous.

One may point to Oppress's supposedly unrivalled force abilities, blasting the likes of Adi Galia, but Vader is 80% of and hence holds "much of the power of" Sidious, a force user who has one-shotted Oppress to the force.

Simply put, Dooku blitzes Maul and Vader one-shots Oppress.

A great fight though.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:09 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
quote me if this is real
quote:
"Maul is a super dangerous threat because he has been trained for years. He’s really adept. So he’s kind of in the Vader-realm, and you know he, he’s a bit severed from what he knew which was having a master but he’s well trained by Sidious in all types of Sith ways. Not the least of which is manipulation. Again, I don’t want to give too much away...
-Dave Filoni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr-....be&t=2m38s

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:32 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

He's saying that Maul and Vader are both adept and broken, not that theyre on the same level. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:38 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I'm going to assume the whole "good fight" implication you drew from that quote was part of the trolling.

Also...
quote:

and that was a Maul who at best hadn't changed, perhaps declined a bit.

Feloni has something to say about that.
Take a gander:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prof...-growth/131038/

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:41 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He's saying that Maul and Vader are both adept and broken, not that theyre on the same level. smile

not that being in someone's realm is the same as being a peer

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:42 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The context of the discussion beforehand is who is worthy to be a RoT Sith, who's got the training and skills, and who doesn't. Filoni explains why Ventress and Savage don't have the chops, then explains Maul does - that he's a super dangerous threat, highly skilled, highly trained, in the same realm as Vader. Idk how you can interpret it as being about something other than power.

Maul is in the Vader realm either way, as per Ahsoka. Filoni just cements it.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:43 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by ILS
The context of the discussion beforehand is who is worthy to be a RoT Sith, who's got the training and skills, and who doesn't. Filoni explains why Ventress and Savage don't have the chops, then explains Maul does - that he's a super dangerous threat, highly skilled, highly trained, in the same realm as Vader. Idk how you can interpret it as being about something other than power.

It is referring to his combat abilities ILS. Specifically about how he's well-trained and adept which put's him in Vader's realm. That isn't quite the same as Maul and Vader being similarly powerful.
Originally posted by ILS

Maul is in the Vader realm either way, as per Ahsoka. Filoni just cements it.

That's Rebels Maul bro. Someone who Feloni places above his TCW counterpart.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:57 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quote: "is a super dangerous threat" [...] "He's really adept" [...] "So he's kind of in the Vader realm"

Look, it's quite simple to see what Filoni is saying here. Maul is in Vader's realm as far as his threat level, purely because of his training from Sidious, which sets him apart from the likes of Ventress and Savage. He's saying Maul is more comparable to Vader than these rogue Sith acolytes. Clearly Maul and Vader aren't equals, but it's impressive praise nonetheless.

It's unclear to me if Rebels Maul is better or worse than TCW, but it doesn't seem like a seismic gap either way, seeing as they both have a form of evidence to show they can stand up to Vader.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 08:20 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ILS
-Dave Filoni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr-....be&t=2m38s

eek!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 11:32 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote