KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Luke's standing next to Vader

Luke's standing next to Vader
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
twotter
Restricted

Account Restricted

1) Luke suffered Gethzerion on Dathomir. So Vader being personally more powerful ins't going to make a difference to how well Luke does against her on said planet.

2) Right, but both of those are at least partially because he's the Emperors right hand man. The wording of both quotes seem to imply it's more than Force power being discussed here.

“We defeated the wrong enemy” - General George S. Patton, Berlin 1945

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:31 PM
Click here to Send twotter a Private Message Find more posts by twotter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twotter
Restricted

Account Restricted

ninja'd by az

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:32 PM
Click here to Send twotter a Private Message Find more posts by twotter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Fair enough.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:34 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twotter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Regardless, Luke is at least as powerful as Vader by ROTJ. Being less skilled in the ways of the force and wary of powers he hasn't experienced in practice, doesn't mitigate that fact his augmentation matches Vader's in combat.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:38 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
I remember seeing it in NewGuy's old Luke RT, which has for some reason disappeared.

I vaguely remember the quote you're referring to. Pretty sure he said "you are the greatest of the Jedi," which in context was not necessarily related to power.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:56 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Just another SW inconsistency. Perhaps Luke really was more powerful than Vader, but I doubt it. There's more evidence that puts Vader>Luke at this point in time, at least without his rage amp

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 08:14 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Yea, it's referring to Luke when he was enraged

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I vaguely remember the quote you're referring to. Pretty sure he said "you are the greatest of the Jedi," which in context was not necessarily related to power.

I may be unaware of the context, but I do also remember Luke tanking Kar Vastor's attacks without flinching. That'd be a pretty blatant showcase of meliority to Windu if my memory serves me correct.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 05:43 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Rebel95
Just another SW inconsistency. Perhaps Luke really was more powerful than Vader, but I doubt it. There's more evidence that puts Vader>Luke at this point in time, at least without his rage amp

What do you mean?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 05:43 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote