KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Grand Lord Vol runs the Gauntlet

Grand Lord Vol runs the Gauntlet
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

thumb up Vol clears the gauntlet.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:29 AM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

"having much of the power" of someone is worthless

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:30 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
"having much of the power" of someone is worthless

laughing

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:32 AM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Sometimes I forget that NJO can be even more retarded than TOR, thanks for the reminder Skillz.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:38 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is online now!

Why is it retarded

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:42 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

He is the leader of a Sith order that's existed for over 5000 years. He should be pretty powerful, I don't think it's retarded either.

Much the power of doesn't give him parity with Luke anyway. Vader's quote about being 80% of Sidious would also be "having much of the power" pretty much, and they aren't on the same level.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:01 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Trocity

Much the power of doesn't give him parity with Luke anyway. Vader's quote about being 80% of Sidious would also be "having much of the power" pretty much, and they aren't on the same level.

thumb up

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is online now!

Nah, I disagree. Beyond looking at the "80% of Sidious quote," no one in-universe would ever say Vader has much the power of Darth Sidious, (given that, yes, Vader and Sidious are by no means on the same level). And Abeloth obviously isn't saying Vol pales in comparison to Luke (as Vader pales in comparison to Sidious).

So I guess Vol must be 90% of Luke. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:16 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why is it retarded

Because half of NJO is retarded authors trying to one-up other retarded author's retarded powerlevels.

This guy was made by the author of Dark Disciple, not surprised.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:37 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Because half of NJO is retarded authors trying to one-up other retarded author's retarded powerlevels.

This guy was made by the author of Dark Disciple, not surprised.

Vol is indisputably the most powerful on a planet of Sith(possibly millions) that has existed for 5,000 years. It is not hard to assume that Vol would be near Luke.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker0 on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 11:57 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:54 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Why does it matter that it's existed for 5,000 years? Just 5,000 years of being probably the lamest Sith faction ever.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:34 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
Vol is indisputably the most powerful on a planet of Sith(possibly millions) that has existed for 5,000 years. It is not hard to assume that Vol would be near Luke.

Kenobi was the 4th most powerful Jedi in an Order that existed for 20k years yet has f-uck all on Luke.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:47 AM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Why does it matter that it's existed for 5,000 years? Just 5,000 years of being probably the lamest Sith faction ever.

Well, the 5,000 years indicates the versatility and longevity of the order. The overwhelming strength of the average lords and high lords and the sheer number of members show the Lost Tribe's supremacy and power. Not gonna lie, the Lost Tribe seems far less "lame" than the Brotherhood of Darkness.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:59 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

They did absolutely nothing for 5,000 years though. I think you're better off just arguing Vol's scaling above Workan and Gaalan and whoever else.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 01:04 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by SunRazer
They did absolutely nothing for 5,000 years though. I think you're better off just arguing Vol's scaling above Workan and Gaalan and whoever else.

Well, there is an entire book series about what they did for 5,000 years and Vol's feats surmount them all.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 01:30 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Entire book series about "nothing much," tbh.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 01:31 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Entire book series about "nothing much," tbh.

Better than "absolutely nothing"

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 01:43 AM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Kenobi was the 4th most powerful Jedi in an Order that existed for 20k years yet has f-uck all on Luke.

That is not continual lifespan + the fact that the Grand Lords probably got stronger during each incarnation.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 02:04 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

-

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 02:52 AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 02:38 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah, I disagree. Beyond looking at the "80% of Sidious quote," no one in-universe would ever say Vader has much the power of Darth Sidious, (given that, yes, Vader and Sidious are by no means on the same level). And Abeloth obviously isn't saying Vol pales in comparison to Luke (as Vader pales in comparison to Sidious).

So I guess Vol must be 90% of Luke. smile

I've never been on-board with quotes like these.

X being "much the power" of Y doesn't tell us anything. "Much the power" is a ridiculously subjective term. Truly, someone can tell me that Maul is "much the power" of Sidious in The Clone Wars and, from a certain point of view, that's entirely true. Why wouldn't it be true? There's no staple on "much the power." How do you rationalize that? That Maul has, say, over seventy percent of Sidious' power? How do you rationalize percentages? Where in those percentages do non-Force users occupy, where do standard Jedi occupy, and where do full fledged Sith Lords occupy? It's entirely subjective to the individual how a percentage list works, hence why I hate when people use the 80% nonsense to justify Vader being close to Sidious in any meaningful way when the point of the quote was to demonstrate he isn't. I assume you're trolling when you say "therefore 90%," but really I don't know what that would even mean even if it's true. Authors can look at such same percentages and interpret completely differently too - just as we are doing here.

Abeloth says Vol has "much the power" of Luke. That is something I cannot remotely rationalize as an independent statement. Even author intent or hype wise, I cannot do anything with it, since I'm unsure if it's referring to telepathic prowess or not. The quote is, regretfully, entirely pointless other than, sure, if he's even being echoed in the same sentence as Luke Skywalker he's probably more capable than Sora Bulq. But anything else? That's purely subjective reasoning, which is totally fine since with a character like that all we have is our interpretations of the text, but I'm just telling you why I, personally, don't buy into the idea Vol is above Vader (with that quote alone). For the record, I can totally see someone in-universe saying Vader has "much the power" of Sidious, thematics aside. The fact you can't, in my opinion, further demonstrates the sheer subjectivity of quotes like these.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 03:12 AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 03:00 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote