KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How powerful is Kylo Ren? (TFA)

How powerful is Kylo Ren? (TFA)
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel95

How powerful is Kylo Ren? (TFA)

In The Force Awakens, it's kinda hard to tell exactly how good Kylo is because of the circumstances of his duel with Rey. But he does have some impressive feats in the movie. How powerful do you think Kylo is, as of TFA? Who is someone in canon that he is comparable to? And how much do you expect he will have grown by The Last Jedi?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 02:10 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I'll decide how good he was in TFA after I see TLJ.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 02:36 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 02:48 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Based on everything we have about him, I'd say he's > an above average Jedi Master. Maybe lower level Council Member.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 03:03 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by NewGuy01

I agree, it's just speculation at this point but it's also possible to make a rough estimate. From what I've seen/read about him, I have him around the level of people like Asajj Ventress or Savage Opress. Maybe slightly inferior. There's plenty of quotes that hype him up and make him out to be top tier, but what we see on screen is pretty much the opposite

Last edited by Rebel95 on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 03:13 AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 03:10 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Personally I'd put him at Jedi Knight level. Above the average knight in power but below in knowledge/skill.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 03:11 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: How powerful is Kylo Ren? (TFA)

Originally posted by Rebel95
it's kinda hard to tell exactly how good Kylo is because of the circumstances of his duel with Rey.

Of course there were no circumstances when Rey overpowered Kylo telepathically. Duels aren't the only ways to compare power levels.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 07:19 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Qui Gon >> Kylo Ren

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 07:40 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Below Obi-Wan as a Padawan or Luke after Bens training.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 11:49 AM
Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

He has great potential. I believe that collectively, all force users become more powerful with the times (like natural selection) so Kylo may just be average for his period but above average when compared to the prequel period.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:35 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

He had some of the best Force feats I've seen in the movies, but then that's just the movies. Holistically his potential is probably on par with someone like Vader, he's just not mastered it yet and his sabers skills are meh. All speculation tho.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 02:32 AM
Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

He will eclipse Vader in this film. As I've said from the beginning both he and Snoke will be greater than Vader and the emperor by the trilogy's end.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 03:14 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

He's extremely powerful, then again I've actually read the literature about him.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 03:22 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by AncientPower
He's extremely powerful, then again I've actually read the literature about him.

thumb up Plenty of quotes make him out to be very powerful, which probably means that Rey just has a lot of raw power that she tapped into to resist his telepathy/outduel him.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 03:45 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

The duel doesn't count. The novel makes it explicitly clear that he could barely even connect to the Force because of that bowcaster wound. It is also stated that he could barely stand.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 04:00 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

No I agree, the movie even goes out of its way several times to demonstrate how powerful Chewie's bowcaster is.

I'm just saying that Rey probably has a lot of raw power that she was able to tap into as well, because Kylo was actually winning the duel--even with his injury--until he mentioned the force to her.

Last edited by Rebel95 on Oct 4th, 2017 at 04:26 AM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 04:23 AM
Darth Thor

^ None of that matters given Rey already overpowered him in the mind reading/resisting contest. No one was injured at that point.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 08:24 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

The novel makes no reference to any overpowering, Kylo is stunned by her power and she reverses it which catches him offguard.

It is very important that he was beating her ass despite his massive centerpoint injury, because she needed an enlightenment moment to defeat even a severely wounded Kylo.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 11:26 AM
Haschwalth

Kylo is conflicted as heck during TFA, and we all know how detrimental it to ones connection to the force, well in legends it.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 11:39 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

I'd wager Kylo in his prime would, compete with ReySue Prime.
Afterall he is 1/4th chosen one.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 11:42 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote