KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Revan Respect Thread: Update Thread

The Revan Respect Thread: Update Thread
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (47): « First ... « 43 44 [45] 46 47 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

SIGNIFICANT THREAD UPDATE

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...t-thread/95278/

The Force accolades section has been completely revamped. The following has been removed:

quote:
Revan was a master of the dark side of the Force during the Jedi Civil Wars.

"At the height of the Jedi Civil War, the Sith Empire covers nearly one-third of the known galaxy, with many worlds hotly contested between the Republic and the Sith Empire. Some worlds join the Sith Empire willingly, while others are taken by force. Dozens if not hundreds of Sith apprentices learn the ways of the dark side of the Force, and a few even rise to the rank of Sith Master, training students of their own. With legions of armored troopers, spreading throughout the galaxy, all led by masters of the Force, the Sith Empire seems unstoppable."

―Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

"The ruling Dark Lord of the Sith is a master of the dark side of the force."

―Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

---

Revan was compared to legendary Sith Lords like Naga Sadow, Exar Kun, and Darth Krayt.

"Some Sith inspire fear from inside inside a suit of dreadful armor, such as the faceless Darth Revan or the Yuuzhan Vong encasement of Darth Krayt. Though they are certainly awe-inspiring on their own, the armor of these Sith is a recognized symbol of their might."

—Star Wars: Behind the Sith: The Threat

"The strength of numbers was a trap, one that snared all the great Dark Lords who had come before. Naga Sadow, Exar Kun, Darth Revan, each had been powerful..."

―Darth Bane (Darth Bane: Path of Destruction)

---

Revan was regarded as being extremely powerful by many different sources. Some include...

"Revan was a master strategist as well as an extremely powerful Force wielder."

―Chris Avellone (Knights of the Old Republic 2 Head Writer)

"The Bane trilogy focused on Darth Bane, one of the most powerful Sith Lords who ever lived. Revan obviously focused on Revan, another incredibly powerful Force user... As much as I loved writing about all-powerful Sith and Jedi..."

―Drew Karpyshyn (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan Author)

"The Force is so strong with you, human, yet the face, the soul, it has been so very long."

―Ajunta Pall (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)

"Watch him closely. He is powerful and extremely dangerous."

―Darth Nyriss (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan)

"I sense the Force is strong with you. Very strong."

―Sith Governor (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)

The Force accolades section is now also in chronological order.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

In a follow-up update, the following accolades are currently being reintroduced to the thread:

quote:
"The Bane trilogy focused on Darth Bane, one of the most powerful Sith Lords who ever lived. Revan obviously focused on Revan, another incredibly powerful Force user... As much as I loved writing about all-powerful Sith and Jedi..."

―Drew Karpyshyn (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan Author)

"The Force is so strong with you, human, yet the face, the soul, it has been so very long."

―Ajunta Pall (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 2nd, 2016 at 08:37 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Eh, a couple of those were good though. Like the one where Bane compares Revan to Naga and Kun, and even the one where Nyriss wanks him.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 08:43 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Alright, I re-added the Kun/Bane one. Thoughts on ordering it chronologically?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 08:52 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

The statement comes chronologically long after Revan's death, but it's referring to Revan during his reign as the Dark Lord, so I'd put it in that general area. It depends on how the rest are laid out, though; if there are other situations where you favored the time of the statement over the time of the content of the statement, then that would be inconsistent.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 11:30 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I meant what did you think of me ordering everything chronologically instead of best-to-worst. messed

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 11:33 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Well, that makes it more difficult as quick resource for people trying to find Revan's best feats in each area, but at the same time it's better for someone whose intention is to read the thread in it's entirety and understand Revan's power and how it's progressed. I, for one, would theoretically prefer to read it that way (but it's too long so lol)--the *'s system didn't really stick with me, after all.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 11:37 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Chronologically is more "correct", but as NewGuy said, if you're looking for feats, it's less convenient.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 11:42 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

My Power of Darth Revan blog has been taken down. I plan on writing a completely new version this weekend.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 04:27 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

How is the Jacen RT coming?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 04:47 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I've actually made some more progress on that. I hope to knock off another LOTF book this Friday.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 04:52 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

On the final book of LOTF.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 04:11 AM
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

n o i c e

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 04:16 AM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

The Jacen RT... Is... Nearly... Complete! DA HYPE!

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 07:30 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
On the final book of LOTF.

Look after accolades in FotJ. smile

But nah, seriously, YIAZ! big grin big grin big grin

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 08:44 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Got done more work on my Caedus RT.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 08:54 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You fool. Everyone knows the Caedus RT is a myth.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Revan Respect Thread
Started by: DarthAnt66

As you can tell I'm a pretty big Revan fan, and here is his respect thread. Enjoy! And add onto this if you can! big grin

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Accolades)

"When the Mandalorian threat first arose, Revan and Malak were eager to defeat the enemy of the Republic. But the council thought it best if we moved with care and caution. The true threat, the council feared, had not yet revealed itself. But Revan would not be dissuaded. Charismatic and powerful, it was inevitable many of the Order would flock to Revan's seemingly noble cause. Malak was the first to join his closest friend. Others followed, many of our youngest and brightest, intent on saving the galaxy from the Mandalorian threat."
―Zhar Lestin

"It was not your ships or your men or your vaunted 'fight for freedom' that won this, the final battle of the war. It was by the actions of one person–the Jedi Revan–that you prevailed. Revan's strategies and tactics defeated the best of us. Even Mandalore himself was taken aback by the ferocity, the tenacity, and the subtlety of Revan's plans."
―Canderous Ordo

"Mandalore himself was killed at the hands of the Jedi Revan. The best of us could not defeat him!"
―Canderous Ordo

"You, Revan, are the single greatest warrior of this age, and any battle we fight will bring me honor."
―Canderous Ordo

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force."
―Kreia

Star Wars The Old Republic: Revan (Accolades)

"Revan: Jedi; hero; traitor; conqueror; villain; savior. He was all these things and more. He was a living legend; the embodiment of myth and folklore; a figure that transcended history."

"In battle after battle, Revan had led the Jedi and Republic forces to victory. Realizing defeat was inevitable, Mandalore the Ultimate had challenge Revan to since combat, and Revan had accepted. Though the Mandalorian fought valiantly, in the end he was no match for the Jedi Order's most powerful champion."

"As Veela and two others-reacting slightly faster than the rest-fired, the green blade transformed into a spinning, twirling blur as he used it to deflect their bolts back in the direction of the shooters."

"Nyriss didn't answer. "Watch him closely," she said returning to the pilot's seat. "He is powerful and extremely dangerous."

"The Jedi's command of and connection to the Force was unlike anything Scourge had sensed in anyone else. Even though Revan was constantly drugged, it was impossible not to sense his strength."

"It was easy to understand how Scourge could be drawn to him; Revan's command of the Force was greater then that of anyone else she had ever met."

"There was something unnerving about staring into the faceless mask; it made Revan seem more intimidating, more powerful. Or maybe Scourge just felt that way because he'd watched him destroy Nyriss."

"Before they could join the fight, Revan thrust his hand, palm up, in the direction of the durasteel doors, blasting them wide open with the power of the Force."

"Revan reached out with the Force and ripped the vaulted stone archway in the ceiling above them free from its setting."

"Instead of charging forward, he opened himself up to the Force, letting both the light and the dark side flow through him like twin rushing rivers. But instead of focusing or channeling the Force, he released it in it's purest form."

Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide (Revan's Article):
http://i41.tinypic.com/200bioy.png
http://i41.tinypic.com/15nup2g.png

Star Wars: The Old Republic (Revan Fight Scenes):
Light Side: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_993gc1QHWc
Dark Side: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrUi46siLLQ

Star Wars: The Old Republic (Revan Accolades):
Scourge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNto5fIGMV0
Darth Malgus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vNZhLKA5EU
The Revanites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBtlFDuSYBo

The Revanist Feats/Accomplishments:
-Defeated Mandalore the Ultimate, The One (Black Rakata leader) & Twitch (Dueling Champion).
-Defeated Darth Malak even while the Sith was being amped by several Jedi Knights and the Star Forge itself, continuing to replenish his strength.
-Defeated Darth Nyriss, who in returned easily toyed Scourge and Meetra Surik .
-Gave Vitiate a pretty good fight, putting him on his ass twice.
-Took on an extremely powerful Sith strike team, for which in battle, he telekinetically poured asteroids at his opponents.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 04:18 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

-

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 04:19 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Best respect thread of all time. The memories are great. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 04:19 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote