KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Confirmation on Anakin > Sidious / Yoda

Confirmation on Anakin > Sidious / Yoda
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Shocked Confirmation on Anakin > Sidious / Yoda

Here's a quote from Nick Gillard in 2011. In this, he's only using a eight tier system (removed tier ten and one and then scaled down, seemingly), but the point is obvious:

"There’s up to eight levels. Yoda is an eight, Mace Windu is an eight, Obi is a seven, but if you miss a level, it’s a bit like taking drugs to get enlightenment.” Anakin is the perfect example of messing with the established system. “I’ve got him down as an eight or nine, which doesn’t really exist,” says Gillard, before explaining that by turning to the Dark Side, Anakin skipped some essential steps. “It’s only a writing tool,” he says, “but it gives you the edge over it just being a fight."

In the context of the ten tier scale, Anakin is nine bordering ten.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 10:02 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

hmmm, guess Anakin>Yoda's really a thing now

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 10:05 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

>anakin is like drugs to reach enlightenment

inb4 DMB becomes new anakin brigade leader

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 10:08 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
hmmm, guess Anakin>Yoda's really a thing now

There's certainly tons of evidence suggesting parity at least.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

Who cares Snoke is gonna be a 12. cool

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 10:20 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Author opinion=/=fact

This can be used as an argument for those who wank Anakin to ungodly levels, but it proves nothing.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 10:37 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by darthbane77
Author opinion=/=fact

But an argument from ignorance is?

And before you get triggered, this is what I'm referring to:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Author opinion=/=fact

This can be used as an argument for those who wank Anakin to ungodly levels, but it proves nothing.

Lucas' word is G-Canon. Lucas created the tier systems alongside Gillard.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 10:48 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

mace on yoda's level as a duelist, that's all I needed to see.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

He is. The 2005 tier system had Mace as an 8 bordering 9.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 11:04 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twotter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Slow down there son. As someone who wholly supports the Anakin Skywalker supreme, until we know exactly what George and Nick agreed, this statement from Gillard isn't necessarily a reflection of Lucas' view on things. As far as we knew, back in 2005 during the films release, Anakin was a tier 9 alongside Yoda and Sidious and that's what was agreed. It is very possible for writers of the same story to disagree on a single matter, as it is for their opinion to change over time. I can give you numerous examples of this happening all over fiction. As long as Lucas and Gillard aren't literally sharing a brain, a statement from Gillard isn't the same as a statement form Lucas. Hive-minds and Hegemonies aren't how movie scripts are created.

“We defeated the wrong enemy” - General George S. Patton, Berlin 1945

Last edited by twotter on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 11:10 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 11:05 PM
Click here to Send twotter a Private Message Find more posts by twotter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He is. The 2005 tier system had Mace as an 8 bordering 9.

I'm pretty sure that was also from a more recent interview. Back then he was just grouped with the 9's.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 11:17 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I thought the 8 bordering 9 was from 2005?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 11:34 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysentinel365

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/sta...th-nick-gillard

Here's the interview. Since once again DA didn't link anything.

Also I like how this is coming up now. I've been posting this on CV for years.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:09 AM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by twotter
Slow down there son. As someone who wholly supports the Anakin Skywalker supreme, until we know exactly what George and Nick agreed, this statement from Gillard isn't necessarily a reflection of Lucas' view on things. As far as we knew, back in 2005 during the films release, Anakin was a tier 9 alongside Yoda and Sidious and that's what was agreed. It is very possible for writers of the same story to disagree on a single matter, as it is for their opinion to change over time. I can give you numerous examples of this happening all over fiction. As long as Lucas and Gillard aren't literally sharing a brain, a statement from Gillard isn't the same as a statement form Lucas. Hive-minds and Hegemonies aren't how movie scripts are created.

Except there's no suggested contradiction - just further clarification.

Anakin being a tier nine doesn't mean he can't be teetering on 10.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 4th, 2017 at 12:16 AM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:13 AM
darthbane77

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
But an argument from ignorance is?

And before you get triggered, this is what I'm referring to:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance
I've never argued out of ignorance. Viewing quotes and author/worker opinion differently than the rest of you=/=ignorance.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Lucas' word is well and good, but it's also contradicted and unsupported by much of what's actually seen in-universe. As far as the films only are concerned, Lucas is God, but in regards to the larger SW mythos, his word means little.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:20 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I've never argued out of ignorance. Viewing quotes and author/worker opinion differently than the rest of you=/=ignorance.
I specifically linked you so you wouldn't be confusing me calling you out on engaging in a fallacy as an ad hominem.

Arguing that an absence of evidence is evidence of absence is an argument from ignorance. As we have evidence saying Anakin is Yoda level, you need to provide a reason he isn't yoda level aside from, "he don't got no feats!"

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:24 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Lucas' word is well and good, but it's also contradicted and unsupported by much of what's actually seen in-universe. As far as the films only are concerned, Lucas is God, but in regards to the larger SW mythos, his word means little.

But that's... not true. Lucas' word is absolute in both Lucas Licensing and LucasFilms.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:25 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Oh?
quote:
That’s a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia...
They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:29 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

DB77 being incredibly disrespectful to Anakin...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: who murders Revan.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:31 AM