KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Dooku and Palpatine/Yoda - is there parity in Force strength?

Dooku and Palpatine/Yoda - is there parity in Force strength?
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChocolateMuesli

yoda not tking dooku might actually just have been PIS

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 05:41 AM
Click here to Send ChocolateMuesli a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateMuesli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

If we're using out of universe logic then I'm sure you can appreciate there's plenty of factors I could bring up, regarding the lack of cohesive storytelling/power levels in Star Wars.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:16 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
In Canon it usually comes down to speed and outduelling your opponent to catch them off guard with a TK attack.
I have said this from the beginning. Look at you trying to ape my points. Irony.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:41 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
I have said this from the beginning. Look at you trying to ape my points. Irony.

It still means they're better though (Unless distracted, or giving their opponents a chance to surrender, or some other similar contextual factor), which is something you've always denied.

Dooku choked Obi-Wan because he outduelled him and acted faster than him. Ergo he was better.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 01:55 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

It still means they're better though (Unless distracted, or giving their opponents a chance to surrender, or some other similar contextual factor), which is something you've always denied.

Dooku choked Obi-Wan because he outduelled him and acted faster than him. Ergo he was better.
It means they capitalize in combat. It's the same as a boxer landing an uppercut there has to be an opening. I never said it wasn't I just said he can't just walk up and casually do it if the guy is ready for it. Dooku proved he was better than Kenobi one on one.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 01:57 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Unless there's a massive disparity in power though. Clearly Poe (and Rey at first) couldn't stop Kylo Ren freezing them. Nor could Ventress against Yoda.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 02:00 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

^ Unless there's a massive disparity in power though. Clearly Poe (and Rey at first) couldn't stop Kylo Ren freezing them. Nor could Ventress against Yoda.
Rey didn't even realize she had powers and Poe doesn't. Ventress was caught off guard initially and desoitenthenpower gap between her and Anakin still caught him in a force choke with Kenobi.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 02:30 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Rey didn't even realize she had powers and Poe doesn't. Ventress was caught off guard initially and desoitenthenpower gap between her and Anakin still caught him in a force choke with Kenobi.

Yes people without Force powers stand little chance against the likes of Kylo Ren level and above.

Ventress was caught off guard for the first attack but not second.

Anakin and Obi-Wan had Ventress beaten though but gave her a chance to surrender which is why they were caught off guard. Anakin himself has Force choked Ventress in S5.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 03:57 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Yes people without Force powers stand little chance against the likes of Kylo Ren level and above.

Ventress was caught off guard for the first attack but not second.

Anakin and Obi-Wan had Ventress beaten though but gave her a chance to surrender which is why they were caught off guard. Anakin himself has Force choked Ventress in S5.
Not true but Poe didn't stand a chance. Poe isn't skilled like Jango Fett and his primary strength is his piloting expertise.

Point is even a weaker opponent can do so if timed right. It's all about being caught off guard but of course if you're powerful enough you can overpower someone.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 06:04 PM