KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTJ Luke vs ANH Darth Vader

ROTJ Luke vs ANH Darth Vader
Started by: Big Gerald

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Big Gerald
Star Wars Expert

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
*Yawn*

Vader.

Wow, great argument. Amazing logic.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 01:11 AM
Click here to Send Big Gerald a Private Message Find more posts by Big Gerald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by Underachiever59
Here Lucas comes as close as he's ever come to stating that Luke is superior to Vader. He talks about Vader not being nearly as good as he could be, and how Sidious believes Luke would make a better apprentice. This is as close to an actual comparison between Luke and Vader as I've seen Lucas make, and it's the most telling thing that Lucas says in the entire audio commentary, with regards to how Luke measures up to Darth Vader.

All that means is that Luke is younger/healthier and has more potential, so he would make for a better apprentice than Vader

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 01:19 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

Originally posted by Rebel95
All that means is that Luke is younger/healthier and has more potential, so he would make for a better apprentice than Vader

Exactly. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, there is no outright conclusive evidence of whether or not Luke is stronger than Vader. Heck, section that you're replying to explicitly says "as close as he's ever come" not "definitively states." It's "as close to" Lucas saying who is better as we've ever gotten, but he's never just flat-out said "Luke surpassed Vader" or "Luke was still weaker than Vader." Hence my two massive, multiple paragraph long posts about all the implied evidence, character statements, ect. Since we don't have official answers (unless you accept that the novel is a valid source), then all we are left with is to analyze everything we see and are told in the movies to come up with as close to an answer as we can.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 06:27 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
canon, luke
legends, vader

I would think the exact opposite.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:09 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote