KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Vader vs. Grand Inquisitor

Vader vs. Grand Inquisitor
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
2. The jedi surviving order 66 being especially strong, which would mean the inqusitors were trained to take on especially strong jedi.

Nah. I recall Filoni's commented that they're padawan or Knight level, with the best around Ventress.

Palpatine's version of a powerful threat isn't the same as ours. I doubt Jocusta is remotely powerful, but she's described as "one of the most dangerous Jedi remaining alive" due to the knowledge she wields.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 5th, 2017 at 02:13 AM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:07 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Nah. Filoni's commented they're padawan or Knight level, with the best around Ventress.

Palpatine's version of a powerful threat isn't the same as ours. I doubt Jocusta is remotely powerful, but she's described as "one of the most dangerous Jedi remaining alive" due to the knowledge she wields.

Eh I'm sure Jocusta has something to her name, I mean the knowledge she has, there's gotta be something. Though power wise, yeah she might not be like up there.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:09 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

well i mean, she was a former council member iirc

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:20 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nG8jxVgqm0

Filoni says the GI is "more than a match" for a "youngling or Padawan," but says the GI would be "a lot harder pressed" versus a Council member.

And then he says Mace is "far, far, far above the Inquisitor we see in Star Wars Rebels."

Sort of strange how he went from Padawan to Council member, but the implication is he's around Knight level to me.

Throughout the interview Filoni emphasizes that the GI "isn't as strong as he seems." And then all the rest are even weaker as per Sidious.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 5th, 2017 at 02:24 AM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:21 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by NewGuy01
well i mean, she was a former council member iirc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvyKkjFVoBY

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:21 AM
Zenwolf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvyKkjFVoBY

I still find that the death doesn't make sense.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:23 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Some neat holistic sstuff for the inquisitors here.

1. The implication that the inqusitor's skill was impressive enough to be considered among council masters.

That they're not total fodder shouldn't really be a suprise though considering their impressive feats and scaling

Not really. Palpatine says "councils," suggesting one of the lesser three.

Impressive, sure, but no implication he's High Council material.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:32 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Not really. Palpatine says "councils," suggesting one of the lesser three.

Impressive, sure, but no implication he's High Council material.

Fair enough.
Ah the lower councils a thing in canon?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:37 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Filoni says the GI is "more than a match" for a "youngling or Padawan," but says the GI would be "a lot harder pressed" versus a Council member.

And then he says Mace is "far, far, far above the Inquisitor we see in Star Wars Rebels."

Sort of strange how he went from Padawan to Council member, but the implication is he's around Knight level to me.

Throughout the interview Filoni emphasizes that the GI "isn't as strong as he seems." And then all the rest are even weaker as per Sidious.

How did you get knight level from being hard-pressed against council masters? erm

And yea, Mace is also far far far above most members of the jedi council.

Also, hasn't feloni called the GI Ventress-level?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:46 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Because if the GI was "more than a match" for Knights he would have mentioned them alongside the younglings or padawans.

He's said the best I is Ventress level, but the way he worded it implied the GI isn't the best as of Rebels.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 5th, 2017 at 02:55 AM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:50 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Fair enough.
Ah the lower councils a thing in canon?

Yep. He probably wanted to get into the Tower of First Knowledge.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:53 AM
ares834

ares834 is online now!

And yet, in a future interview, he says "the best Inquisitor, probably, is almost like Ventress. But Ventress, I would think, is more powerful." And that would place him, assumign the GI is the best which seem likely, on a level with a Councilor though still well below Windu. So no contradiction with what he said there.

https://secure-hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/c...59bf4ff8e95f8c2

At around 51 minutes in.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 03:00 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Because if the GI was "more than a match" for Knights he would have mentioned them alongside the younglings or Padawan.

He's said the best I is Ventress level, but the way he worded it implied the GI isn't the best as of Rebels.

If Gi was only jedi knight level, then why would he be mentioned alongside council masters?

Also, can you elaborateon the context applying to his belief GI was Ventress level? Because Ventress, when incredibly pre-prime, has outmatched council masters.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 03:01 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by ares834
And yet, in a future interview, he says "the best Inquisitor, probably, is almost like Ventress. But Ventress, I would think, is more powerful." And that would place him, assumign the GI is the best which seem likely, on a level with a Councilor though still well below Windu. SO no contradiction with what he said there.

https://secure-hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/c...59bf4ff8e95f8c2

At around 51 minutes in.

The way he words it makes me think it's not referring to the GI.

quote:
If Gi was only jedi knight level, then why would he be mentioned alongside council masters?

He's not? Filoni suggests GI is below the Council.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 03:02 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

The way he words it makes me think it's not referring to the GI.

He's not? Filoni suggests GI is below the Council. [/B]

Being hard pressed by someone doesn't indicate inferiority.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 03:05 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

That's the impression I'm getting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nG8jxVgqm0&t=7m00s

I put the time-stamp. Listen to the end, though.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 03:05 AM
UCanShootMyNova

It doesn't necessarily indicate superiority or equality either. You can be below somebody and press them hard. Though if Filoni was talking about the GI when comparing him to Ventress he's definitely Council tier.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 03:08 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

That's the impression I'm getting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nG8jxVgqm0&t=7m00s

I put the time-stamp. Listen to the end, though.

I'm not really getting that impression at all.

And that the GI is only knight level makes little sense when we consider
A. the feats his inferiors have
B. being trained to take on especially strong jedi
C. being implied to be skilled enough to stand among powerful members of the order even before getting trained by Vader
D. Feloni's own rating of the inquisitor as almost Ventress level

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 03:16 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

If the GI is actually Ventress level, sure, but I'm operating under the assumption that he's not.

Maybe someone can ask someone for clarification?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 03:18 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Well, I guess we'll see where the GI stands as we see more of him in the Vader comics.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 03:19 AM