KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How powerful is Kylo Ren? (TFA)

How powerful is Kylo Ren? (TFA)
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Id like to know how they changed the physics of a lightsaber??

Also novelizations don't count when the directly contradict the film.... Ren was shit in lightsaber combat, he was pushed to the limit by two people who have never even used that weapon before in their lives lmao

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:29 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Not really... there's a reason chewie's bowcaster was shown to be deadly several times in the movie. Kylo was severely injured and still easily beat Finn after he stopped toying with him. And he was beating Rey back until she tapped into the force. I'm not saying that he's a great swordsman, but he isn't bad.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:36 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

His training wasn't finished either. He wasn't a highly polished guy yet but as others have pointed on top of that he was injured. Look at the differenc between Luke in ESB to ROTJ. Kylo will be a monster in the next film.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:24 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HentaiLover
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
His training wasn't finished either. He wasn't a highly polished guy yet but as others have pointed on top of that he was injured. Look at the differenc between Luke in ESB to ROTJ. Kylo will be a monster in the next film.
yeah but Luke didn't get defeated by a woman holding a saber for the first time ever.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 12:39 AM
Click here to Send HentaiLover a Private Message Find more posts by HentaiLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by HentaiLover
yeah but Luke didn't get defeated by a woman holding a saber for the first time ever.

Luke didn't get shot by a weapon that killed multiple stormtroopers with a single blast

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 12:55 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rebel95
Luke didn't get shot by a weapon that killed multiple stormtroopers with a single blast

Again. Rey overpowered Kylo before that.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 01:17 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by HentaiLover
Luke wasn't shot and didn't have his shoulder grazed by a light saber either. Context. Like is the guy who did nothing after Kylo killed his order. Pussy.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 01:55 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Again. Rey overpowered Kylo before that.

You're not understanding my point. I'm not saying that Rey isn't powerful, I'm just saying that we can't judge Kylo based off that performance because we don't know exactly how powerful Rey is (she's probably very powerful), and because he was hindered.

Last edited by Rebel95 on Oct 7th, 2017 at 03:21 AM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 03:19 AM
Darth Thor

You're not understanding my point. I'm not saying that Rey isn't powerful, I'm just saying that we can't judge Kylo based off that performance because we don't know exactly how powerful Rey is (she's probably very powerful), and because he was hindered.

Okay. But he wasn’t hindered when she beat him in the mind read, which means it all comes down to her being more powerful.

So it’s likely him being injured and toying with Finn simply gave Rey time to access that superior power again but applying it to a Saber fight.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 12:04 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Nfhd

Last edited by Rebel95 on Oct 7th, 2017 at 01:53 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 01:39 PM
Rebel95

Oops^. Here's what I meant to post

Or he was just caught off guard. And even if he wasn't, we still can't judge him based off that because we don't know how powerful Rey is, so what you're saying is irrelevant

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 01:59 PM
Darth Thor

Oops^. Here's what I meant to post

Or he was just caught off guard. And even if he wasn't, we still can't judge him based off that because we don't know how powerful Rey is, so what you're saying is irrelevant

That’s fine, but then no point in keep bringing up that he was injured against Rey. We all know he was injured, but she overpowered him multiple times nonetheless.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 04:12 PM
Rebel95

She caught him off guard, he wasn't expecting any resistance and she overpowered him in the duel because of the fact that he was injured. This is why the movie emphasizes the power of Chewie's bowcaster multiple times and shows Kylo punching his wound. They wanted the audience to understand how badly he was injured, and why he lost the fight. And the fact that this is so hard for people to understand baffles me.

Last edited by Rebel95 on Oct 7th, 2017 at 07:58 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 07:56 PM
Darth Thor

She caught him off guard, he wasn't expecting any resistance .

No, he was clearly unable to read her mind which is why he turns to Snoke hence the line “she’s untrained but more powerful than she knows.

and she overpowered him in the duel because of the fact that he was injured. fi

That wasn’t the reason shown. Because he was beating her until she realised she can use the Force (shit film), after which she kicked his butt.

. This is why the movie emphasizes the power of Chewie's bowcaster multiple times and shows Kylo punching his wound. They wanted the audience to understand how badly he was injured, and why he lost the fight.

OR they just used that as a Plot device to give her time to learn to use the Force in combat.

AGAIN she Already overpowered him before being injured.

AGAIN we all know he was injured during the Saber fight. You don’t have to keep telling us that.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 08:03 PM
Rebel95

Originally posted by Darth Thor
No, he was clearly unable to read her mind which is why he turns to Snoke hence the line “she’s untrained but more powerful than she knows.

That wasn’t the reason shown. Because he was beating her until she realised she can use the Force (shit film), after which she kicked his butt.

OR they just used that as a Plot device to give her time to learn to use the Force in combat.

AGAIN she Already overpowered him before being injured.

AGAIN we all know he was injured during the Saber fight. You don’t have to keep telling us that.

You're still misunderstanding my point. I'm not trying to say that Kylo is more powerful than Rey. My point is that Kylo lost to Rey, despite having more training, due to certain circumstances (his injury and mental state having just killed his father). Or do you believe Rey would have beat him if he was completely healthy?

And you're right, she did legitimatlly resist him. I just rewatched the scene

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 08:23 PM
Rebel95

Basically what I'm trying to say is that we can't judge Kylo based off of his encounters with Rey, because we don't know how powerful she is.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 08:35 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Well we can judge he's less powerful than someone like Vader, Dooku, or Maul from that performance.

I agree though for the most part.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 08:38 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

thumb up

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 08:47 PM