KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » New Attack of the Clones novel from 2002 found - LFL approved

New Attack of the Clones novel from 2002 found - LFL approved
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Warning New Attack of the Clones novel from 2002 found - LFL approved

They met before Dooku's sail ship, their lightsabers flashing and sparking in a violent dance. But after only a moment, it became clear who was the greater swordsman.

"Master Kenobi," Dooku said, "you disappoint me. Yoda holds you in such high esteem."

Obi-Wan caught his breath and attacked, momentarily driving the Count back. But Dooku quickly recovered and pressed his advantage. Obi-Wan found on the defensive. The lightsaber grazed his shoulder, then his thigh, drawing blood. Another blow struck Obi-Wan's lightsaber from his hand.

Dooku raised his lightsaber for the final blow, but as it fell, it was blocked - by Anakin!

Dooku staggered back, more surprised than hurt. The smile quickly returned to his face. "That's brave of you, boy. I would have thought you'd learn your lesson."

"I'm a slow learner."

Anakin charged again. The intensity of his attack caught Dooku off guard and he retreated.

Obi-Wan used the Force to summon his lightsaber and tossed it to Anakin. With two lightsabers, the young Jedi attacked anew. Bur Dooku blocked every thrust and, step by step, drove Anakin back. He slashed through one lightsaber, extinguishing its blade. Then, with a stroke faster than light, he cut through Anakin's right arm at the elbow.

The young Jedi dropped to the ground in agony, gripping the smoking stump of his sword arm.

As graceful as always, Count Dooku gathered himself for the death blow. But at that moment, the massive launch doors rumbled open, causing the Count to stagger backward.

Through the doors, trailed by billowing smoke, came Yoda.

"Count Dooku."

Dooku's lightsaber flashed in an elaborate salute. "Mastr Yoda, now we shall discover who is most powerful."

The Count flew across the space between them, his lightsaber raining blows on the small Jedi Master. Yoda did not give a centimeter. He stood beneath the storm, calmly deflecting blow after blow. As Dooku's fury increased, his strength failed, and his blows became less skillful.

Suddenly, Yoda attacked. His lightsaber was so fast that it seemed like a solid wall of light. Dooku cried out in amazement and stumbled.

"Powerful you have become," Yoda said. "I sense the dark side in you."

They crossed swords, and again Yoda mastered him easily.

"Fought well, you have, my old Padawan."

Count Dooku gasped for breath. "The battle is far from over. This is only the beginning."

Summoning the last of his strength, the Count reached out with the Force, toppling a huge crane onto Anakin and Obi-Wan. The two Jedi used the Force to atop its fall, and Yoda instantly lent his strength to theirs. The crane hovered, slid sideways in mid-air, and then crashed.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 17th, 2017 at 09:07 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Aryn Leneer's meager speed feats pale in comparison to FTL Count Dooku.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:08 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Re: New Attack of the Clones novel from 2002 found - LFL approved

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Then, with a stroke faster than light, he cut through Anakin's right arm at the elbow.

Azronger be like:

(please log in to view the image)

(Credit to King Joker for the gif.)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 17th, 2017 at 09:22 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:19 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Is this under new canon?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:35 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

no

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:36 PM
Haschwalth

no

Ah, so this wouldn't apply?

quote:
Though I did not personally watch him do it, I received from LFL a Word document of Revenge of the Sith with Mr Lucas' edits, which was distinct from the edits I'd already gotten from Sue Rostoni and Howard Roffman and the rest of the LFL crew, and this document was edited in such a detailed fashion that even individual words had been struck off and his preferred replacements inserted, as well as some passages wholly excised and some dialogue replaced with the dialogue from the screenplay. If that's not line-editing, I don't know what is.

What's in that book is there because Mr. Lucas wanted it to be there. What's not in that book is not there because Mr. Lucas wanted it gone.

Period

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:38 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

That's from Stover. What I quoted was from Mighty Chronicles, which didn't have Lucas' line-editing. It's a Legends source nonetheless, though.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:44 PM
Haschwalth

That's from Stover. What I quoted was from Mighty Chronicles, which didn't have Lucas' line-editing.

Oh well, just another of the many Faster than light quotes/feats.
It's undeniable in legends now.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:46 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

(For the record, it's worth noting the quote is blatant hyperbole. Trocity and I were joking about it earlier).

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:47 PM
Haschwalth

(For the record, it's worth noting the quote is blatant hyperbole. Trocity and I were joking about it earlier).

Yeah, along with another half a dozen to a dozens feats ranging from Micro to nanoseconds.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:50 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Generally speaking, thumb up.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:51 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Haschwalth
Yeah, along with another half a dozen to a dozens feats ranging from Micro to nanoseconds.

thumb up

This should shut those idiots up.

What's the source, Ant?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Azronger
This should shut those idiots up.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:56 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

I feel like this is one of those AP deluxe limited gloss editions though

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:59 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Azronger
I feel like this is one of those AP deluxe limited gloss editions though

Why?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 10:00 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

You haven't mentioned a source

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 10:04 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

You think I wrote a fake portrayal of a fight without any significant differences to the AotC script for the luz?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 10:07 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

My faith in humanity withered long ago, so yes. And given that you still haven't mentioned a source, I take that as more proof

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 10:13 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

What would be my motive of doing that?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 10:16 PM