KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Rebels - Season 4, Heroes of Mandalore [Discussion]

Star Wars Rebels - Season 4, Heroes of Mandalore [Discussion]
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greysentinel365

For the record guys Filoni has said Ezra is done with his DS arc. Which lasted...... 1 episode.

Okay seriously **** this show. I mean 1-3 episodes a season are good but on average....

So glad this is the last season.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 03:42 AM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Greysentinel365

Okay seriously **** this show. I mean 1-3 episodes a season are good but on average....

Season 3 had at least 4 good episodes Grey. It's called progress.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 03:59 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Season 3 had at least 4 good episodes Grey. It's called progress.

It’s not really a good thing though.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 04:14 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Progress? Season 3 was easily the worst season of Rebels. In fact, I'd say the seasons have gotten progressively worse with season 1 being the best of the bunch.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 04:20 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by ares834
Progress? Season 3 was easily the worst season of Rebels. In fact, I'd say the seasons have gotten progressively worse with season 1 being the best of the bunch.
thumb up I was thinking the same thing.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 04:25 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
@KJ: Sure, but Bo-Katan doesn't really create an emotional response. If she was giving it to a developed character, then sure, the move would have significance, but Bo-Katan was just introduced in Rebels (meaning half the audience just learned about her five seconds prior), and in TCW, she has little characterization. Sabine could have given the Darksaber to a random Mandalorian and it would elicit the same response for me.
I think the writers were riding on the idea that Bo-Katan's relationship with Satine would compensate for the lack of development on the former's part and add some gravity to the transfer of the Darksaber—particularly because the Darksaber killed Bo-Katan's sister. And honestly, I think Filoni and co. have given up pretending as if Rebels isn't a sequel to TCW like they once claimed, and are writing the show with the assumption that people are familiar with TCW characters and plotlines.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 04:37 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by ares834

My sarcasm hasn't progressed it seems sad

Though you could argue season 3>season 2 tbh.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 04:42 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Even with that assumption I just can’t really get into some of the plot lines regarding TCW characters in Rebels, minus the Vader/Ahsoka one.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 04:44 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Really? Those seem more likely to be good than your normal rebel episode:
Anything with Maul
Twin Suns
Basically anything with Captain Rex
The first Hondo episode
Tarkin sh!t

and yea,
Vader and Ahsoka.

If anything, the shows problem is that it's too dependent on popular tcw characters to carry it when it should be developing it's own cast.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 05:10 AM
Zenwolf

Really? Those seem more likely to be good than your normal rebel episode:
Anything with Maul
Twin Suns
Basically anything with Captain Rex
The first Hondo episode
Tarkin sh!t

and yea,
Vader and Ahsoka.

If anything, the shows problem is that it's too dependent on popular tcw characters to carry it when it should be developing it's own cast.

Wasn’t really including Maul since he wasn’t a strict TCW character, but his episodes were..alright. Rex is...eh they don’t seem to be really doing anything with him which is what bothers me and he just seems out of place. Tarkin again, not a real TCW character.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 05:31 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Well, then which TCW characters are you thinking about when you say you can't get into their plot lines?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 05:40 AM
Zenwolf

Well, then which TCW characters are you thinking about when you say you can't get into their plot lines?

Rex mostly, like what is his plotline? He’s been in for 2 seasons and....what? His last important episode was the remaining droid one and he just seems to have dropped off the radar. So...was that it? So is he just gonna be like an ornament now to remind everyone about TCW?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 05:53 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Well yea, Rex has been criminally underused, but given how he tends to elevate the show whenever he's given any screen time, if they actually made a plot line with him, I'd imagine you'd be more likely to get into that one then most of the plotlines this show dishes out.

Though yea, wtf happened to rex's clone crew? Where are the others?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 05:57 AM
Darth Abonis

I didn't care for Heroes of Mandalore. However, I did like the weapon Sabine created. It wasn't just a plot hole superweapon. It had a specific purpose. To kill Mandalorians.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 03:58 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

The weapon itself, I have some major problems with. It's nice...but the fact it's basically a one-shot episode weapon is the dumbest thing ever and conveniently, only Sabine knows how it operates. Yeah, because the Empire would leave the plans only on Mandalore in one location, apparently also they have no other weapon designers that can think, because apparently this weapon is soooo unique that no one else can figure it out to use on the other enemies of the Empire.

....Yeah give me a break, that's the dumbest thing ever. No one in their right mind, would ever think

"Oh hey guys, we have this potentially army busting weapon, lets leave all the plans on this one planet where it can all be erased and lets not try to have any other weapon designers in our entire galaxy spanning Empire to work with it."

The Canon Empire is going down the drain so fast.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Oct 18th, 2017 at 05:00 AM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 04:57 AM
Greysentinel365

Originally posted by Zenwolf
The weapon itself, I have some major problems with. It's nice...but the fact it's basically a one-shot episode weapon is the dumbest thing ever and conveniently, only Sabine knows how it operates. Yeah, because the Empire would leave the plans only on Mandalore in one location, apparently also they have no other weapon designers that can think, because apparently this weapon is soooo unique that no one else can figure it out to use on the other enemies of the Empire.

....Yeah give me a break, that's the dumbest thing ever. No one in their right mind, would ever think

"Oh hey guys, we have this potentially army busting weapon, lets leave all the plans on this one planet where it can all be erased and lets not try to have any other weapon designers in our entire galaxy spanning Empire to work with it."

The Canon Empire is going down the drain so fast.

In Rebels Recon they state it only works with Beskar armour........ WTF?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 09:11 AM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Greysentinel365
In Rebels Recon they state it only works with Beskar armour........ WTF?

Yet Sabine was able to change it to effect Stormtrooper armor...sooo....that's clearly some made up BS since we clearly see it effecting other armor sets.

Also yeah, sure...this is the one weapon that the design can't be changed, it's magic apparently and not tech based and other weapon designers just can't comprehend its design....

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 01:49 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

At this point I barely even consider Rebels as a Canon event.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 01:53 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Because the bar for Canon stories is really high.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 03:19 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Very true. The sad thing is, Rebels has honestly been one of the better canon stories…

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 09:12 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote