KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » :)

:)
Started by: UCanShootMyNova

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UCanShootMyNova

:)

The Novel

In less than a month, LucasArts will release their much-anticipated next generation Star Wars video game, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed -- a bold new chapter in the expanding saga that tells a never-before-told tale of Darth Vader's secret apprentice. (And in case you missed the news, a downloadable demo will be available this Thursday!)
For those who cannot wait to explore this story, this is the week to visit bookstores and add The Force Unleashed to your Star Wars bookshelf, as three major titles are unleashed: a novelization, a graphic novel, and a behind-the-scenes book.

First up is the hardcover novelization by Del Rey Books. Best-selling author Sean Williams (co-author of the Force Heretic trilogy of The New Jedi Order series) uses the video game story by Haden Blackman as a foundation for an original novel set in the dark times between Episodes III and IV. WHILE THE VIDEO GAME ITSELF PRESENTS THE PLAYER WITH MYRIAD OPTIONS AND STORY PATHS, THIS NOVEL CAN BE THOUGHT OF AS THE "TRUE STORY" OF THE STARKILLER.

http://web.archive.org/web/20100414...ws20080819.html

Eat it. smile

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Oct 23rd, 2017 at 04:50 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 04:47 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

...so what?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 05:04 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

So then... all of SK's game mechanic feats that arent featured in the novel...are n-canon?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 05:21 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

get uh life

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

? I thought it was obvious that the novel was the story to TFU? Not sure what the point here is.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 05:50 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Zen, think about it. It's the "true story" of Galen Marek whereas the myriad of story options the games present are NOT.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:14 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
...so what?

Up ur butt.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:15 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Beniboybling
get uh life

No u.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:15 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Zen, think about it. It's the "true story" of Galen Marek whereas the myriad of story options the games present are NOT.

Myriad of story options being...what exactly? Cause the only real story option one has, is weither or not to kill Vader. Other than that, you just go through the story as is. How the player does so isn't gonna be canon because that's gameplay, but that's obvious for pretty much every game that has an actual story to it and has been that way for awhile, it's nothing new.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Oct 23rd, 2017 at 06:31 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:21 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

It is new because people here and on Comic Vine have used gameplay and auto trigger events as evidence for their arguments in the past.

The "myriad of story options" refers to the multiple different story routes that can occur in each of the different game versions. The novel is above them.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:50 PM
UCanShootMyNova

As I've always said. smile

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:50 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

merry wanking

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 07:25 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Yes, the light side ending - which the novel follows - is true story of Galen. That isn't news to anyone. Unless you're stretching this to mean every single discrepancy between the different versions has the novel taking priority.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by Azronger
Unless you're stretching this to mean every single discrepancy between the different versions has the novel taking priority.

That's not really a stretch

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 10:35 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Azronger
Yes, the light side ending - which the novel follows - is true story of Galen. That isn't news to anyone. Unless you're stretching this to mean every single discrepancy between the different versions has the novel taking priority.

I do because that's what it says. smile

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 10:57 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

No, it says the game presents the player with multiple options and story paths, but the one the novel follows is the real one. All it is saying is that the light side ending is canon.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 04:49 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

The novel is the source with the most authority then.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 04:59 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateMuesli

az taking this L

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 05:15 AM
Click here to Send ChocolateMuesli a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateMuesli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by ChocolateMuesli
az taking this L

?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 11:47 AM
Solar Power

Why would they need to further confirm the light side ending is canon with the novel when the dark side ending has Vader and the major leaders of the rebellion dying before ANH?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 03:05 PM
Click here to Send Solar Power a Private Message Find more posts by Solar Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote