KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Krayt

Darth Krayt
Started by: ziggtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Darth Krayt

What makes him so great ?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 04:02 PM
Click here to Send ziggtard a Private Message Find more posts by ziggtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Much like Exar Kun, Tulak Hord, (insert Ops boss Here), and a host of others, absolutely nothing.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 04:10 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Much like Exar Kun, Tulak Hord, (insert Ops boss Here), and a host of others, absolutely nothing.

Many say his appearance in Apocalypse gives him vague parity to Luke Skywalker. I have yet to determine that this is the case. But based on his showings in legacy alone, I have his rough equal in power as :

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 04:14 PM
Click here to Send ziggtard a Private Message Find more posts by ziggtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

^

Guy wears cool as hell robes, is the unquestioned boss there, flanked by two intimidating bodyguards, and has a personal half-naked smoking hot chick as his willing sex bitch, and you're asking what makes him so great? Emperor Krayt is a total badass, the true alpha male of
Star Wars

Last edited by Azronger on Oct 29th, 2017 at 04:19 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Azronger

This guy could one shot

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 04:22 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by ziggtard

Not with these robes he ain't.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 04:31 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

I heard it's because in Apocalypse he and Luke were destined to essentially be the next Son and Daughter to take down Abeloth.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 05:05 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Yeahhh, it's not really like that at all. I guess it's true that Krayt and Luke played the same "roles" that the Son and Daughter did in defeating Abeloth, but that wasn't ever implied to have been destiny or anything; it could have theoretically been any Sith and any Jedi, provided they were strong enough.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Oct 29th, 2017 at 05:25 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 05:18 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Asides from his fight with abeloth, I don't see him on even Exars level.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 01:54 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysentinel365

Wasn't it revealed that he was the one envisioned as "a greater threat than Vader" and not Caedus?

If so that's some good hype for him off the bat.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Luke had nightmares about a dark man whose force powers and ruthlessness reminded him of Darth Vader, and that ended up being Krayt, yes.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 03:12 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Aside from his duel with Abeloth, nothing really even puts him above Vader level. Even then, his feats against Abeloth are circumstantial.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 03:13 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

^^ Once again, Nebulous.

Here is what Krayt has going for him, which considering most have him in their top five sith lords, is a little wanting:

- Killed imperial Knights very quickly - slaying randoms of a relative unknown and newly formed faction - a Satele Shan level feat

- Reverberated his presence across the Galaxy - A Maul level feat

- Is better than Darth Bane - Via the yet-to-be debunked Andeddu comparison - A Darth Bane++/Coleman Trebor/Anyone on the PT Jedi Council level feat

- Defeated Cade - Given that there's no way Cade can be as powerful as Anakin - A sub Dooku level feat

- Was the leader of a large faction of sith - Malak level

- Gave Kenobi some shit on his home turf, was defeated when Kenobi got serious - A Magna Guard level feat

- Cheap shotted Aurra Sing after being disarmed - Sub Ayyla level feat

- Had a century of on and off experience in combat - Sub Lord Scourge level feat.

As you can see we're not left with much in the way of Krayt being a top five Sith lord. So we're left with :

- Feats and or hype from Apocalypse : which if elucidated, could justify the Krayt hype

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 03:14 AM
darthbane77

Krayt's hype doesn't overrule his lack of overly impressive feats though. Everything he did after "Apocalypse" are feats that are easily comparable to the feats of sub-Vader Sith Lords, even Dooku has feats and accolades warranting a placement above Krayt. Based on all those feats you named here, he's rather unimpressive.

Killing Imperial Knights quickly is no different is no different than Deceived Malgus or Lord Adraas slaughtering nameless Jedi during the sacking of Coruscant. Killing nameless Jedi is unimpressive, and the Imperial Knights, as an organization, shouldn't be any more powerful individual to individual, than the Jedi are.

Making his presence known galaxy wide is something it seems Sith can do easily. Maul and Malak, both of whom aren't too extraordinarily powerful, were able to do this casually.

I'm unaware of that comparison, so I can't say with any certainty what my stance on it is.

Also, given (iirc) Krayt was trying to TURN Cade, and not kill him, the assumption can be made that Krayt was obviously holding back. So this is, so far, the only feat that's actually somewhat impressive here.

Leading a large faction of Sith doesn't make you powerful, it just makes you more powerful than the dreg that are serving under you. Again, Darth Malak is a good example of this. He's given titles like Sith Magnus, and praised for how powerful he supposedly was, but ultimately, he wasn't all THAT powerful. He was just stronger than all of the others in his Empire. Or Lord Kaan, who in comparison to even Malak, is underwhelming as Dark Lords go. He was the leader of a Sith faction, but again, he's underwhelming, and arguably not really all THAT powerful in the first place.

Yeah, this is like his defeat of Cade, to a far lesser extent. His ability to contend with Kenobi is indeed impressive, but as you said, once Kenobi cut the crap, he downed Krayt rather handily. Although, in Krayt's defense, he was vastly pre prime, and I don't doubt that, in his prime, Krayt would have been able to best Kenobi.

Yeah, not really much to say on this one, other than what you said.

This is another thing that I find impressive, aside from just beating Cade. I may put more points into how important knowledge and experience is than most people, so to me, a century+ worth's of study and experience should logically have made Krayt pretty powerful

Btw, I'm not at all saying Krayt is weak, I've personally got him around Vader level overall. But the argument can be made that he's lower than that.
-------
Again, his feats from "Apocalypse" are circumstantial. I'm currently gathering up the Luke+Krayt vs Abeloth fight, so I can point out why I think they're circumstantial, and shouldn't be considered too heavily.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 03:46 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

^^ Very reasonable

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 03:51 AM
darthbane77

thumb up

Lol, thanks. That's something I haven't been called on this site yet.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 04:00 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

77, you realise that by mastering the Star Forge to a great degree, Malak would be becoming continuously more powerful. Such a source of power being immeasurably more powerful than the Star Maps. That makes him vastly more powerful than the likes of Pall, Muur and other Dark Jedi Exiles who used the Star Maps to grow more powerful than their predecessors.

Malak's monstrously powerful given that scaling.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 06:19 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Where exactly is it said they only drew power from the Star Map? Not arguing against it since I believe Malak>Exiles via SF argument, just wanna know the details.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 06:55 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by AncientPower
77, you realise that by mastering the Star Forge to a great degree, Malak would be becoming continuously more powerful. Such a source of power being immeasurably more powerful than the Star Maps. That makes him vastly more powerful than the likes of Pall, Muur and other Dark Jedi Exiles who used the Star Maps to grow more powerful than their predecessors.

Malak's monstrously powerful given that scaling.

Good scaling for Revan too. Revan > Malak > Muur > Vader smile

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 07:08 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

I'll have to elucidate on Krayt's power if I have time. Dude is mad strong.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 11:09 AM