KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Vitiate > Soa confirmed.

Vitiate > Soa confirmed.
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MythLord
Diamond

I mean, it kinda is. The barracks can house underneath them hundreds of beings and Maul was about to destroy them with a Force Scream back in his teenage years. Throwing statues isn't as impressive.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 05:25 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

@AP, what's your source that the Rakatans 'couldn't' kill Soa, and how do you reconcile that with the fact 8 battle-worn and tired randoms managed to even with him manipulating the power of devices around him?

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 05:35 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
I mean, it kinda is. The barracks can house underneath them hundreds of beings and Maul was about to destroy them with a Force Scream back in his teenage years. Throwing statues isn't as impressive.

Involuntary expression of Sids-Tier potential =/ Something Maul can actually do in a fight.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 05:39 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by AncientPower
So him snapping them in half makes their size irrelevant? They're enormous, given the halves he tore off each appear to be as big as he is. Not to mention he's still restrained by the thing he's attempting to break out of.

He also tears apart the structures of his surroundings too.

They're very impressive feats given the utter ease he appears to do it with.

Nice deflection. Still completely fails to address the point:

quote:
you have no quantifiable proof of the sh!t you're saying..

Where is it shown the statues are 50 feet tall?

It's kinda important given your assertion that:
quote:
The statues in full are roughly 45-50 feet tall

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 05:42 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by Selenial
@AP, what's your source that the Rakatans 'couldn't' kill Soa, and how do you reconcile that with the fact 8 battle-worn and tired randoms managed to even with him manipulating the power of devices around him?

It's in the OP. erm

Nice lowballing, unfortunately for you the official site states multiple groups of the greatest heroes both the republic and empire have to offer broke in and killed him. For all we know it's eight protags. Stop placing arbitrary limitations due to the capacity of the game on the actual canonical battle.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:01 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Nice deflection. Still completely fails to address the point:

Where is it shown the statues are 50 feet tall?

It's kinda important given your assertion that:

Kbro, you're the densest 'debater' here. Soa was confirmed to be 30 foot like six years ago. More than that, just half of one of the statues is clearly as big as he is. I could even argue they're sixty feet tall if I wanted.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:04 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

(please log in to view the image)

Nah, he's 5 feet tall at best.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Ant, what's your opinion on the OP?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:17 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It checks out. thumb up Soa's power is monstrous, yet Vitiate's is greater, and Valkorion's even more so.

I'll never understand people who look at Soa and conclude, "yeah, Darth Maul-tier."

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:24 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Apparently rage-induced involuntary Force screams are the same degree of effort as not even gesturing. More than that, can we get an actual TK feat from Maul that compares? Shuttle feats are like Aryn Leneer tier for TOR.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:31 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

It's in the OP. erm

Nice lowballing, unfortunately for you the official site states multiple groups of the greatest heroes both the republic and empire have to offer broke in and killed him. For all we know it's eight protags. Stop placing arbitrary limitations due to the capacity of the game on the actual canonical battle.

My mistake, I thought it was obvious I was asking for a legitimate source that actually says what you're arguing it does. There are so many reasons that your logic is flawed I can't even be assed to list them all, but in brief:

You claim that despite all the power of the Rakatan Empire was incapable of killing Soa. Your claim is based on an in universe quote from a Jedi Master who's only heard 'references' of Soa, through ancient texts that have frequently shown to be outrageously exaggerative. Members of the Imperial Reclamation service (who are far more qualified on the subject) describe Rakatan inscriptions as 'indecipherable', but were able to gleam that the Eternity Vault was where they kept 'prisoners and technology they could not afford to release'. This is in direct contradiction of the quote you've posted in the post, but out of either bias or ignorance you're refusing to accept the fallibility of your source and instead hoping no one notices. How unlike you roll eyes (sarcastic)

If sources are fallible and contradictory, it then falls to basic logic to assess which claim is to be believed. Given, as you've said, the Rakatan Empire were capable of obliterating planets and even solar systems, the fact Soa died to a ****ing strike team serves as a perfect measuring stick. Even if all eight protagonists were the ones to kill him, four are essentially irrelevant when discussing power of this magnitude. The other four force users combined do not even come close to powers that the Rakatan empire had at their disposal, so the idea that they could take him out on home turf but the Rakatans could not is beyond farcical.

So basically, in short, all of your hype is bullshit, even if his feats are mildly impressive. Ant has done all he can for Soa wank, his respect thread has covered this entire topic already, and if anything you're legitimately lowering him in the minds of most people on this board.

Seriously, shrink back into retirement on this one.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:45 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

On a side note, let's keep pretending OPs are run by all the protagonists even though this is hardly supported in story, and would have to go to the absurd argument that the Republic and Sith Empire sent members of their faction undercover just to help shit arguments on a debating forum.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 12:00 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Yes, he's so wildly inaccurate that everything he claims is actually revealed to be accurate. laughing out loud

Oh and let's not sit here and pretend that the strike teams involved actually defeated him through conventional means and weren't using the environment to their advantage whatsoever.

But I love how your autism brigade has to completely divert the point of the OP, in that Vitiate > Soa is actually a fact. Meaning Vitiate is already beyond one of the most powerful entities in the mythos before his power massively increases.

Why don't you go flick your bean to a Cersei compilation and pretend you're nearly as intelligent as you think you are. In other words, let's not get to restraining order tiers of obsession. wink

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 12:00 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
On a side note, let's keep pretending OPs are run by all the protagonists even though this is hardly supported in story, and would have to go to the absurd argument that the Republic and Sith Empire sent members of their faction undercover just to help shit arguments on a debating forum.

quote:
Buried deep in the icy mountains of Belsavis, a prison housing an ancient and deadly entity has been uncovered. Both the Republic and the Empire understand the threat that the prison poses, and both sides now send their most powerful heroes to confront and eliminate this powerful foe once and for all.
―Star Wars: The Old Republic Official Website

I wonder who the most powerful heroes of the Republic and Empire could be? rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 12:07 AM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Yes, he's so wildly inaccurate that everything he claims is actually revealed to be accurate. laughing out loud

Oh and let's not sit here and pretend that the strike teams involved actually defeated him through conventional means and weren't using the environment to their advantage whatsoever.

But I love how your autism brigade has to completely divert the point of the OP, in that Vitiate > Soa is actually a fact. Meaning Vitiate is already beyond one of the most powerful entities in the mythos before his power massively increases.

Why don't you go flick your bean to a Cersei compilation and pretend you're nearly as intelligent as you think you are. In other words, let's not get to restraining order tiers of obsession. wink

Ah yes, Soa did literally drown worlds in blood, you're right, that's 100% proven fact. Real biblical shit, surprised the writers went there. I mean, that's all he really said other than 'there's a warlord whose name I know'.

For the record, Soa was drawing power from Pylons around him, so to suggest them using the environment means he's definitively stronger than them is ludicrous. Furthermore, if the environment is such a big factor, then I guess your notion that the Rakata could not kill him completely falls apart.

As a side note, who the **** argues that Soa > Vitiate? I literally can't name one person who believes that. No one's arguing that Vitiate's superiority isn't certain, people are arguing that Soa is not 'one of the most powerful entities in the mythos' since the hype you're bringing is completely unfounded and his feats aren't anywhere near worthy of an accolade like that.

I love that it's this easy to bring you to your knees though, that was a pathetic attempt at a response. Almost as pathetic as 'I was a guy this whole time guys, obviously it was a joke trolololol' rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 12:08 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Hear me out, AP. Maybe the argument is that Soa isn't really that relevant outside of dime a dozen accolades and feats(for TOR anyway)? Just a guess. Might want to calm down as well.
I wonder who the most powerful heroes of the Republic and Empire could be? rolling on floor laughing

The source you're using doesn't apply in game and does not make sense in the context of said game. Using a reference that flat out contradicts the actual story presented is beyond asinine. Unless you can come up with an explanation that works in TOR besides, "It makes my argument look better," I don't care. It also does not say that these people work together cross faction, which is the only way your claim works.

Last edited by FreshestSlice on Oct 30th, 2017 at 12:12 AM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 12:10 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

In addition to Freshest's point, Republic characters literally tell an admiral to 'keep the empire off [their] back', completely invalidating the argument that they worked together.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 12:34 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Selenial

If sources are fallible and contradictory, it then falls to basic logic to assess which claim is to be believed. Given, as you've said, the Rakatan Empire were capable of obliterating planets and even solar systems.

confused confused confused

Say what?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 12:37 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Sees Soa's feats and accolades...concludes Maul tier....lol

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 01:54 AM
Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by Zenwolf
confused confused confused

Say what?

Zen, they could create power sources, capable of wiping out multi star systems.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 02:02 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote