KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Vitiate > Soa confirmed.

Vitiate > Soa confirmed.
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
Kbro, you're the densest 'debater' here. Soa was confirmed to be 30 foot like six years ago. More than that, just half of one of the statues is clearly as big as he is. I could even argue they're sixty feet tall if I wanted.
I'd take your word for it, but your word isn't very reliable.

Fortunately Ant covered for you.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 05:39 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Haschwalth
Shadow of revan expansion is now free.
Supposedly some kotor/swtor celebrations on.

eek!
So I can actually do something as a FTP?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 05:45 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by Selenial
Ah yes, Soa did literally drown worlds in blood, you're right, that's 100% proven fact. Real biblical shit, surprised the writers went there. I mean, that's all he really said other than 'there's a warlord whose name I know'.

For the record, Soa was drawing power from Pylons around him, so to suggest them using the environment means he's definitively stronger than them is ludicrous. Furthermore, if the environment is such a big factor, then I guess your notion that the Rakata could not kill him completely falls apart.

As a side note, who the **** argues that Soa > Vitiate? I literally can't name one person who believes that. No one's arguing that Vitiate's superiority isn't certain, people are arguing that Soa is not 'one of the most powerful entities in the mythos' since the hype you're bringing is completely unfounded and his feats aren't anywhere near worthy of an accolade like that.

I love that it's this easy to bring you to your knees though, that was a pathetic attempt at a response. Almost as pathetic as 'I was a guy this whole time guys, obviously it was a joke trolololol' rolling on floor laughing

Given it's stated that he waged a bloody campaign to conquer a thousand worlds, a little embellishment is hardly enough to warrant total dismissal. erm

They used the environment to manipulate the energy and used the EV itself to kill him.

Their inability to kill him is what made them construct the Eternity Vault in the first place, what part of this is difficult for you to understand?

You realise all of this is true for the World Razer to an even greater degree too, don't you?

Yes your obsessive hounding of me is rather self-evident; you needn't tell anyone.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 06:13 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by MythLord
Maul collapsing the barracks while a teen is actually better than lifting a bunch of statues and throwing them.

Really now? You are trying to defend a feat that didn't even materialize.

There is hell of difference in the quality of structures throughout Star Wars (an in real life) and we focus on the context of each event.

Just look at obelisks; some are way heavier than others in the same size range.

Settings like the Infinity Vault, the Dark Temple and the Sanitarium are specially designed to contain some of the greatest threats to the galaxy and prevent their escape. Devastating these settings requires nearly impossible levels of strength.

This is why I roll my eyes when I see people hand-waving Vitiate's feat of damaging the Dark Temple. Hero of Tython is officially stronger than Barsen'thor (who has feats of destroying reinforced structures and throwing bus-sized chunks of metal around as if they are toys during his youth - imagine his strength at his peak) and he found it difficult to wrench a single object of the Dark Temple from its setting. Same guy wouldn't have trouble in collapsing a normal building of certain size otherwise.

This is why context is very important.

Also, remember the Muntuur stones? Not even Yoda could lift them all with ease and/or throw them around.

Now, the point is that Darth Maul doesn't match the hype of Soa and neither we have proof that he can replicate the showings of the latter in the same setting (i.e. Infinity Vault). Not even close.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 06:14 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
eek!
So I can actually do something as a FTP?

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171023

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 06:29 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

When talking about Soa, people tend to forget he is a master of many arcane powers including Temporary Invulnerability, Teleportation and Mind Traps. These techniques can be of great help in a fight against an army or a large force. I believe that Mind Traps might be his most powerful ability and it is a terrifying ability.

The ancient Rakata built mind traps as the ultimate prison. These strange devices leave the victim’s body intact, but draw the psyche into an otherworldly "white room"–a virtual environment created by the mind trap’s power. While inside the white room, the victim does not hunger or age, and his thoughts are not impaired–but he can have no contact with the outside world until another being accesses the device. It is entirely possible for the victim’s body to die and the victim’s psyche to suffer immortality inside a white, featureless void.

Taken from the codex entry titled "Mind Traps."

Originally posted by Zenwolf
.....Right. Yet they didn't seem to have much differences, seeing as the Je'daii were able to destroy Rataka ships and the like.

So here it is, either the Rakata had piss poor management in developing technology for any and all kinds of aspects.

Or they developed one one-off technology that's never reproduced and never used elsewhere because....reasons and it came from luck rather than any genius engineering. Even though logically speaking, if one develops a power source that great, you'd sure as bet that they would find uses for it elsewhere or be able to make similar technology.

But hey, TOR seemed to stop making any kind of sense long ago, so I guess it's not that surprising that they'd screwed the IE too.

What a load of...

Rakatans created arcane wonders (objects of unprecedented power and magnitude) much like the ancient Celestials. Remember the Star Forge?

Their technologies were vastly different from the engineering concepts employed by the Republic centuries later which mostly involve computers and electronics.

However, Star Forge could be adapted to construct even modern Starships; just one of the examples why Rakatan wonders continued to surprise scientists throughout the ages.

Also, keep in mind that the Republic immensely benefited from the Hyperspace travelling technologies.

More importantly, it was a deadly plague that devastated the Rakatan Empire. No civilization managed to challenge it openly otherwise. I suspect that this plague might be bio-engineered.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 06:58 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by nfactor1995
Sees Soa's feats and accolades...concludes Maul tier....lol

I'm arguing the statue feat is Maul-tier, you numpties, not Soa himself. I don't give a rats ass about the accolades, tho, because everyone and their mothers gets "herrr, so uber stronk; can destroy planetzz!" accolades in TOR.

"Hello, Starlight."

Last edited by MythLord on Oct 30th, 2017 at 07:48 AM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 07:46 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Given it's stated that he waged a bloody campaign to conquer a thousand worlds, a little embellishment is hardly enough to warrant total dismissal. erm

They used the environment to manipulate the energy and used the EV itself to kill him.

Their inability to kill him is what made them construct the Eternity Vault in the first place, what part of this is difficult for you to understand?

You realise all of this is true for the World Razer to an even greater degree too, don't you?

Yes your obsessive hounding of me is rather self-evident; you needn't tell anyone.

That's a rather quaint concession from you, cool. Can you give me an example of them 'using the environment' or 'manipulating energy'? The only example of this that I can see is using a pylon to remove his 'shield' at the end of the fight, and as these pylons are being telekinetically lifted, I don't think you can conclusively prove that Soa wasn't actually attempting to use the Pylons to his own advantage.

Even if it is the case that his shield was brought down by the environment. You need to conclusively prove the environment was more of a setback than a boon. Please explain to me how you are quantifying the final stage of the fight against Soa's use of Mind Traps, and his drawing power from the vault itself for the entire fight? If you're going to state your opinion as fact you need to actually ****ing prove that he was at a disadvantage due to the location, because everything else seems to disagree with you there.

Again, that they built the Eternity Vault because they couldn't kill him is still immensely dubious. We know the Rakata imprisoned people where they could. Your quote in the OP is from a dubious source, and if true, applies to the following people:
  • Gharj
  • Random Eshka
  • More random Eshka
  • All the Rakatan soldiers using technostaves.
  • The Infernal Council.
  • Soa

Now, even if you argue Soa's death was due to the Eternity Vault, everyone else in the vault died to conventional methods, from a Strike team we know for a fact could be formed of four protagonists at best. Therefore your quote is already proven false. Attempting to use a quote proven false for every other applicable person as gospel when it's already been disputed as an incorrect reading is genuinely the stupidest thing you've ever done, and that's a ****ing accomplishment.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Last edited by Selenial on Oct 30th, 2017 at 11:13 AM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 11:06 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Nice imagination you have there Sel, you pushing embellishment as a cause for utter dismissal and me disagreeing is not a concession whatsoever.

Unless the SM and HM versions of the OP are massively different, I vividly remember making the pylons backfire on him and damaging him due to this.

quote:
They come, marching, believing themselves equal to the army of ancients that chained me. But I am not of their time."
- Soa

So an army of ancients(not just Rakata) chained him but didn't kill him and instead created one of the most advanced prisons in the mythos for shits and giggles. Seems legit.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 11:27 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

All this

(please log in to view the image)

is actually kind of impressive.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 11:41 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Unless the SM and HM versions of the OP are massively different, I vividly remember making the pylons backfire on him and damaging him due to this.

So an army of ancients(not just Rakata) chained him but didn't kill him and instead created one of the most advanced prisons in the mythos for shits and giggles. Seems legit.

Yes, I already mentioned this. Unless you can prove Soa wasn't the one causing those Pylons to elevate into the air (as they are moved via Telekinesis) to kill the Strike Team since he had failed twice to even hold them off, and this backfiring, the point is moot. Even then, you have yet to prove this was more of a disadvantage than him drawing power from the other pylons throughout the fight.

And forgive me, but did he literally wear Korriban as a crown? He must be even bigger than 50 feet tall, come to think of it, if he's wearing planets confused

Ohshitwait this guy exaggerates. I guess it's possible that 'chaining him' simply refers to taking out his empire and capturing him. Pretty much unwankable, really, this army is unquantifiable again. Yoda, Sidious, Krayt, and many others would need an army to be subdued, in case of a lack of strong force users. We've actually seen random Sith in Krayt's time destroy entire armies, so this quaint vague voiceover that might not actually be accurate is a strange choice on your end.

And yes, it is legit. The Rakatans imprisoned their kind, because of their race, we have seen this time and time again in numerous sources. The Rakatans did not kill their prisoners, so it makes far more sense for them to capture a man and imprison him (Belsavis was a ****ing prison world, you think it's weird for them to take prisoners?) due to an ideology than because they somehow couldn't kill him. It's literally unfathomable that you think a tiny portion of their power could enslave him, but their entire force could not. You're literally arguing above that a Rakatan pylon is the only reason the Strike team could kill Soa, but also that the Rakatans could not kill soa.

You are unfathomably stupid, this is the strangest argument I have ever seen. I would love someone else to chime in here.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 11:48 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
All this

(please log in to view the image)

is actually kind of impressive.

> implying she's he's being remotely successful.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 11:49 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

AP may not make the most robust arguments, but s/he/whatever she's pretending to be this week, can deflect with the best of them.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 11:55 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Yes Leg, the Starforge which was essentially a ship building factory powered by the darkside. It's not like there weren't other shipyards in the galaxy later on.

Yeah, the Republic improved on the hyperspace technology, whereas the Rakata were limited in scope.

I'm not talking about these things, I'm talking about the stuff TOR had them apparently do which seems kind of ridiculous they wouldn't adapt such technology elsewhere.

Not to mention Soa, if he's that powerful how would the IE even before their peak of power even manage to subdue him? Why wasn't Soa the one running things in the IE, because as I recall he was only a warlord, he wasn't the apex of the IE. The other Rakata should have posed no threat to him.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Oct 30th, 2017 at 02:34 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 02:23 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

@Zenwolf, The starforge is so much more than a mere Ship building yard lmao.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqoXKBnWYrQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8JDnyan0pY
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Infinite_Engine

Darth Revan found it laughable later on that he used it as a mere Ship yard.

Last edited by Haschwalth on Oct 30th, 2017 at 02:38 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 02:35 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Too be honest, I don't think we should take into account the Comics, in relation to TOR, there is too many discrepancies.

Thus we should only apply what is in TOR, to other TOR quotes/facts.

Last edited by Haschwalth on Oct 30th, 2017 at 02:46 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 02:44 PM
Zenwolf

@Zenwolf, The starforge is so much more than a mere Ship building yard lmao.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqoXKBnWYrQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8JDnyan0pY
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Infinite_Engine

Darth Revan found it laughable later on that he used it as a mere Ship yard.

Oh sorry, ok so a essentially a one-all factory. Ok...great..yeah and the SE are a bunch of a morons, nothing new.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 02:48 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Too be honest, I don't think we should take into account the Comics, in relation to TOR, there is too many discrepancies.

Thus we should only apply what is in TOR, to other TOR quotes/facts.

Fair enough. Along with pretty much every other source..

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 02:49 PM
Haschwalth

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Fair enough.

TOR's version of the Rakatan empires is Extremely powerful.
aka greater than the current Republic/Sith Empire.

While the Comics have shown to be more primitive/inferior.

Sort of like KOTOR Meetra compared to Novel Meetra.

quote:
Along with pretty much every other source..

Yeah, as long it contradicts TOR's version.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 02:53 PM
Haschwalth

quote:
Oh sorry, ok so a essentially a one-all factory. Ok...great..yeah and the SE are a bunch of a morons, nothing new.

Eh, the SE didn't have enough time to harness the technology fully, i'm pretty sure.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 02:57 PM