KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Vitiate > Soa confirmed.

Vitiate > Soa confirmed.
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Eh, the SE didn't have enough time to harness the technology fully, i'm pretty sure.

Well I was meaning more them trying to get to it. But alright separating the two seems fair.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 03:23 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Haschwalth
TOR's version of the Rakatan empires is Extremely powerful.
aka greater than the current Republic/Sith Empire.

No, it isn't. They have lots of weird tech the Republic and the Sith don't have, but it's not once argued they were as a whole greater than the Republic or the Empire.

TOR exists, and always has existed, with Legends in mind.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 04:09 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
No, it isn't. They have lots of weird tech the Republic and the Sith don't have, but it's not once argued they were as a whole greater than the Republic or the Empire.

TOR exists, and always has existed, with Legends in mind.

They Defeated Soa.

quote:
"The Rakata civilization was powerful beyond measure; the threats they sought to contain in this prison transcended anything the Republic is currently prepared to face."

―Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia

quote:
"You met an incomprehensible power; you may have saved the whole galaxy."

―Shol Bestros (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

quote:
“The legends say it took an army to stop the Infernal One before the Rakata and the other ancients locked him away with his weapons. If we don’t do anything, though, the war against the Republic may be nothing next to what’ll come.”

―Threnoldt (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

The context of these quotes heavily imply, the Rakata handled a being, which the sith or Republic couldn't. Hence why there are multiply quotes of Soa being a threat towards the Galaxy.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 04:19 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by Selenial
Yes, I already mentioned this. Unless you can prove Soa wasn't the one causing those Pylons to elevate into the air (as they are moved via Telekinesis) to kill the Strike Team since he had failed twice to even hold them off, and this backfiring, the point is moot. Even then, you have yet to prove this was more of a disadvantage than him drawing power from the other pylons throughout the fight.

And forgive me, but did he literally wear Korriban as a crown? He must be even bigger than 50 feet tall, come to think of it, if he's wearing planets confused

Ohshitwait this guy exaggerates. I guess it's possible that 'chaining him' simply refers to taking out his empire and capturing him. Pretty much unwankable, really, this army is unquantifiable again. Yoda, Sidious, Krayt, and many others would need an army to be subdued, in case of a lack of strong force users. We've actually seen random Sith in Krayt's time destroy entire armies, so this quaint vague voiceover that might not actually be accurate is a strange choice on your end.

And yes, it is legit. The Rakatans imprisoned their kind, because of their race, we have seen this time and time again in numerous sources. The Rakatans did not kill their prisoners, so it makes far more sense for them to capture a man and imprison him (Belsavis was a ****ing prison world, you think it's weird for them to take prisoners?) due to an ideology than because they somehow couldn't kill him. It's literally unfathomable that you think a tiny portion of their power could enslave him, but their entire force could not. You're literally arguing above that a Rakatan pylon is the only reason the Strike team could kill Soa, but also that the Rakatans could not kill soa.

You are unfathomably stupid, this is the strangest argument I have ever seen. I would love someone else to chime in here.

All I need to 'prove' is that they couldn't kill him without causing his own pylons to backfire on him and kill him that way. Essentially killing himself.

He used Korriban as the proverbial crown in his empire. erm

Except it was an army of the ancients. The Rakata couldn't tackle him themselves, they went and got Gree and whatever the fvck else they could ally with to bring him down. Let's not pretend this was an army of fodder when the most advanced civilisations we know of are taking part.

The Rakata took prisoners to experiment on, exactly what do you imagine they could gleam from Soa. A Rakata.

Except it's not that the Rakata pylons holding him in stasis could kill him, it's him drawing energy from them and using that as a means of killing him.

I also notice you've yet to explain how World Razer doesn't factor in to all this. Nevermind that Soa's a galactic tier threat.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 12:36 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote