KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What are your TWO favorite Star Wars movies?

Vote for your TWO favorite Star Wars movies!
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Episode I - The Phantom Menace 2 3.03%
Episode II - Attack of the Clones 0 0%
Episode III - Revenge of the Sith 17 25.76%
A Star Wars Story - Rogue One 3 4.55%
Episode IV - A New Hope 10 15.15%
Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back 20 30.30%
Episode VI - Return of the Jedi 11 16.67%
Episode VII - The Force Awakens 3 4.55%
Total: 34 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What are your TWO favorite Star Wars movies?
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

What are your TWO favorite Star Wars movies?

Vote in the polls for your TWO favorite Star Wars movies, and then comment below what you picked.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:21 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

TESB and ANH.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:24 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

My favorite film is, obviously, ROTS, and honestly it isn't even close.

My second favorite is TESB, principally because of the pure beauty of it.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:25 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

ESB and Rogue One.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:31 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Interesting. Why Rogue One? Honestly, that's my least favorite, although I do still appreciate it greatly.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:32 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Just did.

Vader and the Empire are portrayed in perhaps the best light we've seen on the big screen.

Contrary to popular belief, Vader in Canon is my all-time favorite character.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:34 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Ah, gotcha, yeah. Vader was great, especially the ending scene.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:35 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I hope TLJ gives Kylo Ren similar light, he's very promising so far.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:37 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up

For all the shit Kylo gets for that final fight, the powers he displayed throughout the film wowed the audience - literally. I get it might be hard portraying Luke, Snoke, and Kylo simultaneously as very powerful, since generally you're going to need Luke or Snoke to trash Kylo to simply prove they're indeed powerful, but I do hope they find a way to amend Kylo for his loss in TFA. While I don't hold that loss against him much at all, I know many fans who put him below, say, Jedi Knight #28 at Geonosis, so I'd like to see Kylo's reputation restored. I'm open to the possibility of Kylo contending with, but visibly inferior to, Luke in a swordfight, if they want to go that route

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:40 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Yeah, because most fans can't even spell context.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:42 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

> movie explicitly emphasizes on multiple occasions the power of the bowcaster
> kylo gets directly shot with the bowcaster, remains standing and can still fight
> "kylo is trash"

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:44 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Not to mention the book states he was toying with Finn the whole time, which he obviously is in the film.

Nor do they seem to grasp the fact that he wanted to capture Rey, not kill her.

In reality however, this is nothing more than using Ben as a scapegoat to bash TFA in general.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:45 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Return of the Jedi was one of the most aesthetically pleasing of the OT, the pacing is much faster, the action is superb, and it's just a wonderful way to close off the amazing trilogy.

I love all the films to a certain degree, the Phantom Menace is especially sad to watch after reading the Jedi Apprentice books, cuz Qui Gon Jinn is just so tender to Obi-Wan there. So it holds a special place in my heart despite Jar Jar, that said my second favorite SW film is actually Revenge of the Sith, it's just such an amazing piece when it comes to the silent scenes, and do not get me started on the Order 66 montage, it legit made me emotional when I was younger, still does to this day. ROTS is an underrated master piece, and probably Ewan/Hayden's best films.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:47 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

ROTJ would've been perfect had Lucas just stuck with having Kashyyyk and the Wookies as slave labor instead of Ewoks and Endor. It was damn close to ESB otherwise.

The whole prequel trilogy could've done better with leaving the political mastermind of Sidious in. Unfortunately that was substituted with comic relief and almost mindless chase scenes.

My only major gripes with any of the films really.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:54 AM
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

ANH and ROTS

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:55 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 04:13 AM
Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Return of the Jedi and The Empire Strikes Back

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 08:24 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi are my two faves by far; Sidious is the pivotal performance in both and we see the best pacing for action and saga altering story beats in both

Last edited by relentless1 on Oct 31st, 2017 at 09:35 AM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 09:32 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mm Sidious corkscrewing through the air and stabbing to decorated swordsmen in seconds gets my dick hard. Choreography level 1000

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 09:38 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Always rank ANH top for being the Original and the first one I saw which made me a fan. Although kids nowadays don and tend to like it so much.

Out of the sequels/prequels it’s ROTS.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 10:17 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote