KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What is your LEAST favorite Star Wars movie?

What is your LEAST favorite Star Wars movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Episode I - The Phantom Menace 5 11.11%
Episode II - Attack of the Clones 17 37.78%
Episode III - Revenge of the Sith 0 0%
A Star Wars Story - Rogue One 2 4.44%
Episode IV - A New Hope 4 8.89%
Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back 2 4.44%
Episode VI - Return of the Jedi 0 0%
Episode VII - The Force Awakens 15 33.33%
Total: 45 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What is your LEAST favorite Star Wars movie?
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Big Gerald
Star Wars Expert

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Well it made over 2 billion so I'm sure Disney is so upset they gave Abrams the opportunity for the redo in episode nine. laughing out loud

Far greater than Rogue One.

Quanchi one-hundred twelve, my friend, JJ Abrams could have defecated into a lightbulb (which is not very far removed from what he did!) and the film would have enjoyed similar box office performance. Disney saw that Star Wars non-fans would eat up a piece for piece rehash of a past film and decided to double up on the formula.

Rogue One was a fresh adventure full of wholesome characters, excellent action sequences, and clever writing. If not for one unfortunate Darth Vader pun, we would be talking about it on the level of cinematic greats like Citizen Kane, The Godfather, and Bruce Almighty.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Big Gerald a Private Message Find more posts by Big Gerald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rogue one brought with it something new. It let us view the rebels from a different perspective. They aren't all puppy-loving goodie-two-shoes; rather borderline terrorists who will endanger the lives' of civilians and kill when needed.

That humanoid imperial droid was all the comic relief that was needed without turning into Jar Jar 2.0. No obnoxious Mary Sues—Jyn was not a god. I didn't see any obvious political agendas being pushed.

Krennic was a compelling antagonist and not cheesy like general Hux (aka Hitler 2.0). Visuals were amazing. Space battles were the best by far. Although John Williams didn't compose the score, Giacchino did a splendid job as his replacement.

And best of, IMO, the movie focused on non-force-sensitive characters for once. Star Wars is not all about the "magic" people. That would just make it Harry Potter. Exploring the other aspects of the SW universe as it doesn't relate to jedi or sith gives a unique perspective which can be cherished in its own way.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 02:57 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Big Gerald
Quanchi one-hundred twelve, my friend, JJ Abrams could have defecated into a lightbulb (which is not very far removed from what he did!) and the film would have enjoyed similar box office performance. Disney saw that Star Wars non-fans would eat up a piece for piece rehash of a past film and decided to double up on the formula.

Rogue One was a fresh adventure full of wholesome characters, excellent action sequences, and clever writing. If not for one unfortunate Darth Vader pun, we would be talking about it on the level of cinematic greats like Citizen Kane, The Godfather, and Bruce Almighty.
So you admit it was a success but guess what didn't make as much your Rogue One. That was Star Wars and it wasn't close. Objectively speaking you're retarded and sensitive.

Your opinion is shit. The characters were pure shit compared to the gems we got from Force Awakens. Cry in your cornflakes.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 03:53 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good to see TFA getting some hate

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 03:59 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big Gerald
Star Wars Expert

So you admit it was a success but guess what didn't make as much your Rogue One. That was Star Wars and it wasn't close. Objectively speaking you're retarded and sensitive.

Your opinion is shit. The characters were pure shit compared to the gems we got from Force Awakens. Cry in your cornflakes.

My dear friend, you seem upset, resorting to so many childlike remarks. Must we continue to jump through hoops to come to the truth? Very well, then.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens was not only the first live action Star Wars release in a decade, but it was a more major title that brought back all of the characters of past. Obviously more people will view it based on that alone. Moreover, the characters were anything but "gems": we have underdeveloped Mary Sues, a vague and generic villain, and Captain "garbage day" Phasma. I hope in time you will come to realize your ignorance, and at that time, I will gladly accept your apology for being incorrect about this matter. Thank you.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 04:38 AM
Click here to Send Big Gerald a Private Message Find more posts by Big Gerald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Big Gerald
My dear friend, you seem upset, resorting to so many childlike remarks. Must we continue to jump through hoops to come to the truth? Very well, then.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens was not only the first live action Star Wars release in a decade, but it was a more major title that brought back all of the characters of past. Obviously more people will view it based on that alone. Moreover, the characters were anything but "gems": we have underdeveloped Mary Sues, a vague and generic villain, and Captain "garbage day" Phasma. I hope in time you will come to realize your ignorance, and at that time, I will gladly accept your apology for being incorrect about this matter. Thank you.
Your entire post is comprised of your subjective opinion but opinions vary. You didn't like it which is fine but it did fanatically well. It didn't get poor reviews either. It outperformed Rogue One despite the built in fanbase. Snoke, Kylo were superior villains to Krennic and Tarkin. Rey and Finn were also more likeable than the Rogue one shit bags. It was set in a differ t tone but it wasn't a better movie. You can pretend you matter but in the end we both know you don't, little G.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 05:06 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote:

And best of, IMO, the movie focused on non-force-sensitive characters for once. Star Wars is not all about the "magic" people. That would just make it Harry Potter. Exploring the other aspects of the SW universe as it doesn't relate to jedi or sith gives a unique perspective which can be cherished in its own way.

Part of me thinks you're just not being genuine about this, you'll understand because for the most part it has been namely Force Users with everyone else. But I mean, it took a movie for some to realize this?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 05:13 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

You know in defense of episode II. Episode V had a lot, a lot, but a hsit loa dof waiting boring moments..... And GL kinda speed-up the interaction between solo and Leila....
Mean with a good dark ending, few less awsome actions scenes and anakin and padme scenes...

I mean in every sub plot of episode V the pacing is just errff so slow....
Everybody have a good memroies of it for the ending... But I will garantee you, what the prequel had bad, the original already have it, it already had plot holes bad dialogues needless references, and bad acting wasn't that rare due to the "natural perfomances" of the actors....
Yess you kinda loose stuff in teh prequels, the alkc of true great moments, but original trilogy great moment haven't aged well, it is not just graphic effects, it plots way of acting etc... This stuff haven't really aged well in my opinion, prequel had enetrtainement value, it deepen the humor and the action scenes....
And if by comparason prequel great moment (episode I final excluded) make a big flop compared to the original, the great moment and scenes from the original trilogy don't mean a lot in today fimique contexte, they do'nt even make sens anymore.
The only one that stand out is episode I final.

To me the force awaken is truly the worse because it really betray the idea behind star wars as whole (not just the original trilogy....), plus make ray O.P so they won't have to devlopp her character during the two next movies is juuuuuuust waoo....

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 07:42 AM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Your entire post is comprised of your subjective opinion but opinions vary. You didn't like it which is fine but it did fanatically well. It didn't get poor reviews either. It outperformed Rogue One despite the built in fanbase. Snoke, Kylo were superior villains to Krennic and Tarkin. Rey and Finn were also more likeable than the Rogue one shit bags. It was set in a differ t tone but it wasn't a better movie. You can pretend you matter but in the end we both know you don't, little G.

the first part of what you said is undisputed; theres records of critical ratings as well as box office returns but now you are throwing your opinion in on which characters are more engaging than others... careful or you may be branded a hypocrite... remember that is just your opinion and opinions vary friend

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 10:16 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Your entire post is comprised of your subjective opinion but opinions vary. You didn't like it which is fine but it did fanatically well.

The box office doesn't mean the movie was better than Avengers and worse than Avatar Lol. Brand names matter. The Star Wars brand was always huge. It was only going to get bigger under the Disney banner.

Critics weren't divisive on the film but fans were. This forum just gives a small taste of that.

Abrams should have stuck to Star Trek. His talents at modernising and rebooting were more suited there. But he simply lacks the creative flare for Star Wars IMO. It's very upsetting to me that he's returning for Ep. 9.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 12:19 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Darth Thor
It's very upsetting to me that he's returning for Ep. 9.

Agreed, but he's the lesser of two evils (vs Trevorrow).

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 12:51 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by relentless1
the first part of what you said is undisputed; theres records of critical ratings as well as box office returns but now you are throwing your opinion in on which characters are more engaging than others... careful or you may be branded a hypocrite... remember that is just your opinion and opinions vary friend
He gave his opinion I have mine. I tossed in objective results to piss all over his excuses. The characters of Force Awakens will be far more memorable than Rogue One in ten years time. Do you agree ?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 01:59 PM
quanchi112
Disney

The box office doesn't mean the movie was better than Avengers and worse than Avatar Lol. Brand names matter. The Star Wars brand was always huge. It was only going to get bigger under the Disney banner.

Critics weren't divisive on the film but fans were. This forum just gives a small taste of that.

Abrams should have stuck to Star Trek. His talents at modernising and rebooting were more suited there. But he simply lacks the creative flare for Star Wars IMO. It's very upsetting to me that he's returning for Ep. 9.
It means it did objectively far better than Rogue One. He's free to have his poor taste as are you who also despised the villains from Force Awakens. 2 billion dollars doesn't scream divisive.

He's fine for Star Wars. He had a lot to pull off with the legacy characters returning and adding the newer ones to the mix. He gets to conclude what he started.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 02:01 PM
Darth Thor

2 billion dollars doesn't scream divisive.

So? Phantom Menace made almost a Billion Dollars almost 20 years ago without 3d and without China. And that movie was definitely divisive.

Heck Avatar is divisive and that came close to the $3billion mark.

He's fine for Star Wars.

Nah. I saw Star Trek 2009 and Force Awakens back to back on the plane. Star Trek 09 is a far superior film. It's not even close.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 03:19 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

So? Phantom Menace made almost a Billion Dollars almost 20 years ago without 3d and without China. And that movie was definitely divisive.

Heck Avatar is divisive and that came close to the $3billion mark.

Nah. I saw Star Trek 2009 and Force Awakens back to back on the plane. Star Trek 09 is a far superior film. It's not even close.
Films that make that much aren't divisive. The haters just scream to the heavens.

I never said either Star Trek film was lesser in quality to Force Awakens but that isn't the topic. You try to change the topic in every thread you post. Force Awakens was better than Rogue One as were both Abrams Star Trek's.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 03:32 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Films that make that much aren't divisive. The haters just scream to the heavens.

You really believe a movie can make tons of money and there's no way it'll be divisive? erm

Movies can get hyped to high hell and people will flock even if it doesn't end up delivering....

Batman v Superman grossed almost 1 billion at the box office, you think this is a good film then? Everyone loved it?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 10:36 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Everyone likes/loves Avatar.

Fact.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 10:49 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Trocity
You really believe a movie can make tons of money and there's no way it'll be divisive? erm

Movies can get hyped to high hell and people will flock even if it doesn't end up delivering....

Batman v Superman grossed almost 1 billion at the box office, you think this is a good film then? Everyone loved it?
Not making a billion and being poorly reviewed and making over double that while being critically acclaimed is entirely different. Two DC icons failing to make a billion showed us how divisive the film was. It fell below expectations.

You can say this about any film since opinions vary. Star Wars Force Awakens isn't a divisive film. It didn't fall below expectations either.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 01:35 AM
Darth Thor

Two DC icons failing to make a billion showed us how divisive the film was.

Star Wars is bigger than the whole Justice League combined. And that was when Lucasfilm was an independent company.

You think the Disney Bane has zero effect as well?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 07:38 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Star Wars is bigger than the whole Justice League combined. And that was when Lucasfilm was an independent company.

You think the Disney Bane has zero effect as well?
I agree it is bigger but it's still falling below expectations so my point doesn't magically go away.

What do you mean by Disney bane ?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 05:11 PM