KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What is your LEAST favorite Star Wars movie?

What is your LEAST favorite Star Wars movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Episode I - The Phantom Menace 5 11.11%
Episode II - Attack of the Clones 17 37.78%
Episode III - Revenge of the Sith 0 0%
A Star Wars Story - Rogue One 2 4.44%
Episode IV - A New Hope 4 8.89%
Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back 2 4.44%
Episode VI - Return of the Jedi 0 0%
Episode VII - The Force Awakens 15 33.33%
Total: 45 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What is your LEAST favorite Star Wars movie?
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
I agree it is bigger but it's still falling below expectations so my point doesn't magically go away.

What do you mean by Disney bane ?

Meant the Disney "Banner".

To each his own. I just find there's much more divisiveness over TFA out there than things like Lord of the Rings or Avengers1.

It might only be like 30% of audiences, but I feel it's definitely a significant number and rising.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 05:25 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Meant the Disney "Banner".

To each his own. I just find there's much more divisiveness over TFA out there than things like Lord of the Rings or Avengers1.

It might only be like 30% of audiences, but I feel it's definitely a significant number and rising.
I didn't feel the Force Awakens lived up to my expectations either but it is the third best Star Wars film to me and gave me Snoke and Kylo. I just don't see people hating it like they do with the prequels while Rots is my favorite Star Wars film to date.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:07 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I just don't see people hating it like they do with the prequels while Rots is my favorite Star Wars film to date.

Vast majority Critics obviously liked it unlike the prequels (sans perhaps ROTS which has a 79% on RT).

Amongst fans though I’m finding the same level of divisiveness. But naturally fans have higher standards.

Amongst general audiences I think the hate for the prequels has been overhyped. Even amongst critics none of the Prequels are below 50% on RT so it does seem to be a case of the Haters simply being louder than the fans.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Haters are always louder than the fans.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:30 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Vast majority Critics obviously liked it unlike the prequels (sans perhaps ROTS which has a 79% on RT).

Amongst fans though I’m finding the same level of divisiveness. But naturally fans have higher standards.

Amongst general audiences I think the hate for the prequels has been overhyped. Even amongst critics none of the Prequels are below 50% on RT so it does seem to be a case of the Haters simply being louder than the fans.
I disagree. People make a point to diss the prequels whereas they might have their faults with Force Awakens but it comes nowhere near the level of contempt for the prequels. Also just as Trekkers did with Into Darkness the small rabid fanbase really tried to damage the film at a convention as the worst. I don't give one **** what those losers and virgins think.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:53 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Except the fan base for Star Wars is wayyyy bigger than the traditional the Star Trek fan base.

And with TFA in particular the flaws come across to the fans more because they just think about the story more, whereas a lot of your general audience just switches off their brain when watching something like Star Wars.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 03:22 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Except the fan base for Star Wars is wayyyy bigger than the traditional the Star Trek fan base.

And with TFA in particular the flaws come across to the fans more because they just think about the story more, whereas a lot of your general audience just switches off their brain when watching something like Star Wars.
My point is a small percentage of a base voted it the worst. That doesn't represent the majority of that fanbase. I am telling you how a small percentage can stain the overall public perception.

People had their problems with Force Awakens but the majority didn't hate it. Did you hate it ?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 03:39 PM
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

quote:

To be honest I think it's more that some have misplaced priorities than higher standards. The Force Awakens had a lot of problems if you just look at the story on paper, but the atmosphere and tone of the movie was pretty much perfect and exactly what you would want for a SW movie.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:51 PM
Click here to Send GM_Nebaris a Private Message Find more posts by GM_Nebaris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

My point is a small percentage of a base voted it the worst. That doesn't represent the majority of that fanbase. I am telling you how a small percentage can stain the overall public perception.

People had their problems with Force Awakens but the majority didn't hate it. Did you hate it ?

My point is I don’t think it’s as tiny as you make out. I think it’s a significant portion like 20-30%. With Avengers or LOTR or the Original Star Wars trilogy it was only a tiny % who didn’t like it.

There were some good scenes in it, so I wouldn’t call myself a Hater (most here would though), but I was definitely disappointed and don’t think Abrams gets Star Wars at all.

And people act like after the Prequels it needed a complete reboot like Star Trek or Jurassic World rehashing the excitement of the Originals. Difference is those franchises were completely dead prior to their successful reboots. Star Wars was never killed off.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:51 PM
quanchi112
Disney

My point is I don’t think it’s as tiny as you make out. I think it’s a significant portion like 20-30%. With Avengers or LOTR or the Original Star Wars trilogy it was only a tiny % who didn’t like it.

There were some good scenes in it, so I wouldn’t call myself a Hater (most here would though), but I was definitely disappointed and don’t think Abrams gets Star Wars at all.

And people act like after the Prequels it needed a complete reboot like Star Trek or Jurassic World rehashing the excitement of the Originals. Difference is those franchises were completely dead prior to their successful reboots. Star Wars was never killed off.
You don't have any data for your numbers you're just going off your instincts.

Did you hate the film ? As many successful franchise you'll find fans criticizing the product but do you downright hate the film. It's a simple question.

There were many critical of the film but many didn't hate it. Just whining crybabies and the film did fantastic at the box office. Disney is definitely happy with the return from the film. Room for improvement sure but not prequel type hatred.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:05 PM
Darth Thor

You don't have any data for your numbers you're just going off your instincts.

Did you hate the film ? As many successful franchise you'll find fans criticizing the product but do you downright hate the film. It's a simple question.

There were many critical of the film but many didn't hate it. Just whining crybabies and the film did fantastic at the box office. Disney is definitely happy with the return from the film. Room for improvement sure but not prequel type hatred.

Where am I supposed to get figures for mixed reception amongst the large fan base? Yeah it’s just the impression I’m getting. But it wouldn’t have this much hate going around if it was as loved and appreciated as you make out.

I mean where’s all the hate towards Lord of the Rings, or towards the Avengers? I don’t see that anywhere.

It did fantastic due to the Star Wars brand name hyper up more under the Disney Banner. How much that was boosted by quality is anyone’s guess. But you’re crazy if you think the Star Wars brand created by the OT (and the PT for that matter) has nothing to do with that.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:48 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Where am I supposed to get figures for mixed reception amongst the large fan base? Yeah it’s just the impression I’m getting. But it wouldn’t have this much hate going around if it was as loved and appreciated as you make out.

I mean where’s all the hate towards Lord of the Rings, or towards the Avengers? I don’t see that anywhere.

It did fantastic due to the Star Wars brand name hyper up more under the Disney Banner. How much that was boosted by quality is anyone’s guess. But you’re crazy if you think the Star Wars brand created by the OT (and the PT for that matter) has nothing to do with that.
I didn't say it's one of the most loved films of all time I said it doesn't get prequel hate. It's criticized but it isn't downright hated.

You do or don't hate the movie ? Rogue One had the brand and it didn't do anywhere near as well as Force Awakens. So it's a Star Wars film doesn't hold much if any water. It isn't without its flaws but it isn't a divisive film.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 09:36 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Nah, the TFA hate is just as strong as the PT hate, at least based on my school and social media.

The fans who grew up on the OT hated the PT; the fans who grew up on the PT hated the ST.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yep it’s a generational thing.

OT era guys hated the Prequels for being so different, PT era youngsters hate TFA for being too much of the same.

Hopefully Rian Johnson will bring them both together.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 10:23 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Nah, the TFA hate is just as strong as the PT hate, at least based on my school and social media.

The fans who grew up on the OT hated the PT; the fans who grew up on the PT hated the ST.

Hmm...but I grew up on the former 2 and while I don't hate the ST, I'm more indifferent to it.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up @ Thor. The idea that TFA is a PC copy of ANH, although untrue, has really become mainstream. I constantly see popular Star Wars accounts and my casual Star Wars friends at school bash it.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 10:26 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I don’t remember seeing a serious rebuttal to the idea, tbh.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 10:27 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

thumb up

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 10:43 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Hmm...but I grew up on the former 2 and while I don't hate the ST, I'm more indifferent to it.

It’s a broad generalisation. Not everyone’s the same.

And it’s not really the ST yet. At this point it’s just TFA. The ST might be loved by both PT, OT fans and everyone in between by the time it’s done.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 10:45 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Making fun of them and hating them are different to me. Do the kids at your school hate the film ?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 10:48 PM