KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread

Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread
Started by: Darth Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (56): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 29th, 2019 at 02:01 PM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 04:49 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Between this and Rian Johnson’s new trilogy we’re bound to get TOR stuff soon.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 04:50 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

The inevitable watering down of the franchise was my biggest concern when Disney purchased the rights to SW. I didn't think they could do it anymore anymore than they already have.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see an Early Adventures of Jar Jar series at some time down the road. I don't even want to consider the possibility of a live action Ezra at some point.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 05:10 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

This is going to be one of Disney’s big hooks to try and get people to subscribe to their new streaming service. As such, I expect that they will throw tons of money at it. Personally, I hope they keep it smaller in scale. I feel the show would be best if it was about the Underworld and criminals rather than Jedi and epic wars.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 05:14 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

I just want it to be a series of Jedi missions before the Clone Wars. Kind of like Star Trek.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 05:19 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

This could either kick ass or suck major d1ck. I'm thinking the latter...

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 05:28 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I just want it to be a series of Jedi missions before the Clone Wars. Kind of like Star Trek.

Nah. I'd rather there be no Jedi. They should focus on something else for once.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 05:33 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah a problem with Jedi on a weekly show is you don’t want to cheapen the idea of Lightsaber Duels. That stuff should all be special when we see it on the Big Screen IMO.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 08:36 PM
Raptor22

Yeah I'm with u Thor, I wouldn't want them to cheapen lightsaber duels either. I say keep them special, like having Ezra shoot stun orbs out of his hilt, or the grand inquisitor spinning his over his head and flying away.

Sry bud, but I think Disney already delved down that "cheapened" rabbit hole.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Some regular non-force users would be a good start.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 09:04 PM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Potential Show Ideas:

1. How I Became the Senate

2. Sand, Lightsabers, and Deathsticks

3. The Adventures of Meesa

4. One and a Half Droids

5. The Counts of Serrenno

6. The Big "Do It" Theory

7. A Jedi's Guide to Treason

8. Just Another Happy Landing

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 09:06 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

@Thor: There wouldn't be lightsaber duels. I mean, I doubt most pre TCW Jedi missions involved engaging another lightsaber wielding opponent.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 10:18 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Raptor22

Sry bud, but I think Disney already delved down that "cheapened" rabbit hole.

Live action is still more exciting than animation, so they can keep it special on that format at least.

Besides It’s only a tiny minority of the movie going audience who watch the animated series.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 12:06 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
@Thor: There wouldn't be lightsaber duels. I mean, I doubt most pre TCW Jedi missions involved engaging another lightsaber wielding opponent.

That would be ideal, but you know once they go down that route they won’t be able to help themselves!

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 12:07 AM
Zenwolf

quote:

Live action is still more exciting than animation.

How's that?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 12:12 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
How's that?

Cause it looks more real?

But truthfully the animated ones are certainly choreographed better.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 12:21 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Cause it looks more real?

But truthfully the animated ones are certainly choreographed better.

Not really the strongest of cases, but then I'm more partial to animated than live action for certain shows, SW being one of them...movies aside.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 12:25 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Not really the strongest of cases, but then I'm more partial to animated than live action for certain shows, SW being one of them...movies aside.

Honestly I didn’t need Disney to buy Star Wars because I was happy with Clone Wars every week. So I understand your point completely.

That said they would be wise to be more careful with overdoing Saber duels when it comes to live action is all I’m saying.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 12:31 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Prequel era is absolutely off limits with Disney. Rebels is finishing already. Battlefront II and the Aftermath books have taken up the OT-ST space quite considerably. TLJ and IX is finishing off the ST era permanently. We already have Kenobi and Han Solo standalones, as well as the Vader comics, filling in the OT era.

Given all of that. Any Canon timeline is already overly booked. It's either set after the ST or it's TOR related.

It being TOR is not nearly as farfetched as one might think. They've already given EAWare special precedence for continuing their era, they also went the extra step of making sure the Chiss expansion aligns with the Disney Canon Story Group.

That's hardly overwhelming evidence but it is a possibility. The same is true for the Johnson trilogy.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 04:20 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I feel it's most likely an Underworld show with Boba Fett and the like.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 04:48 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote