KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Thread for all quote/source inquiries!

Thread for all quote/source inquiries!
Started by: Zenwolf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

One's from a comic, another isn't.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:29 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I thought it was ESB's script?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:47 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

lmfao what

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:54 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Sidious brining Vader to his knees with telepathy?

On second thought though, that might be from the esb novelization

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:57 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Never mind, I found the quote, it's from neither:
quote:
Boarding his shuttle, he ordered the pilot to lift off. A pity, my son, he thought. You could have joined me and together...we could have destroyed the Emperor and ruled the galaxy in his place. As he stared at the severed appendage in his hands, a sudden flash of insight struck the Dark Lord, realization dawning like the sunrise of Bespin. Perhaps, if you will not be turned, little Jedi, a suitable substitute may be arranged.
Suddenly, Vader was struck to his knees by the horribly powerful voice that rolled like fiery thunder through his brain. The pilots struggled vainly to ignore the Dark Lord's...discomfort. "Yes, my servant," the voice boomed in his mind, dripping raw evil. "Come to Mount Tantiss, immediately. I shall meet you there, and we will discuss my new trophy."
"Yes...my Master," Vader gasped, feeling an icy stab of dread in his soul, as the Emperor's mocking chuckle still echoed in his mind. His Master had detected his rebellious thoughts. This discussion would be most unpleasant. Most unpleasant indeed.
Source: Clone B-2332-54

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 07:00 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Anyone have the passage where Sidious brings Vader to his knees from across the galaxy handy?

It can be found here:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/star...thread-1877280/

But here it is:

Boarding his shuttle, he ordered the pilot to lift off. A pity, my son, he thought. You could have joined me and together... we could have destroyed the Emperor and ruled the galaxy in his place. As he stared at the severed appendage in his hands, a sudden flash of insight struck the Dark Lord, realization dawning like the sunrise of Bespin. Perhaps, if you will not be turned, little Jedi, a suitable substitute may be arranged.

Suddenly, Vader was struck to his knees by the horribly powerful voice that rolled like fiery thunder through his brain. The pilots struggled vainly to ignore the Dark Lord's... discomfort. "Yes, my servant," the voice boomed in his mind, dripping raw evil. "Come to Mount Tantiss, immediately. I shall meet you there, and we will discuss my new trophy."

"Yes...my Master," Vader gasped, feeling an icy stab of dread in his soul, as the Emperor's mocking chuckle still echoed in his mind. His Master had detected his rebellious thoughts. This discussion would be most unpleasant. Most unpleasant indeed.

Clone B-2332-54

There's also when he easily fogged Vader's senses from across the galaxy:

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...64742-42218.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...23180-42218.jpg

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 07:29 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

**** I got ninja'd by kbro. Well, at least I had the comic to share

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 07:30 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

In fairness, you could argue the "you're strong but not discerning" indicates that Vader might not get wrecked as much in other areas of the force as he would mentally.

Also AZ, since you got ninja'd by someone you don't even consider a hooman being, it's prolly time to enslave yourself. wink

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 07:42 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

There's also this, where the relationship between Vader and the Emperor is stated to be akin to a priest and his god:

When the hologram of the Galactic Emperor finally spoke, it did so with a voice even deeper than Vader's. The Emperor's presence was awesome enough, but the sound of his voice sent a thrill of terror coursing through Vader's powerful frame. "You may rise, my servant," the Emperor commanded.

Immediately Vader straightened up. But he did not dare gaze into his master's face, and instead cast his eyes down at his own black boots.

"What is thy bidding, my master?" Vader asked with all the solemnity of a priest attending his god.

The Empire Strikes Back novelization

Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

well yea, it's obvious sidious>>vader.

Tondemonai

Thanks guys

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 01:01 AM
Click here to Send Tondemonai a Private Message Find more posts by Tondemonai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

If anyone has the quotes for Vos ragdolling Ventress or beating Dooku they'd be much appreciated.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 03:28 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

"We used to have this problem in Clone Wars when we would try to put Yoda in a story and it would be like, “Yeah, if Yoda’s there, this isn’t really a problem is it?” That’s because Yoda’s going to go in there and kick everyone’s butt. We all felt that Ahsoka, the only person that could really match her in this time period, blow for blow, would be Vader or the Emperor."

I thought I recalled something else being added onto this quote. Something Filoni or someone said about the quote not really being a direct statement of how powerful she was, but rather, being more like Ahsoka being the only person at the time, save Yoda and Obi-Wan, that had the same kind of formal training as Vader or Sidious, which was the reason only Vader and the Emperor could match or beat her. Does anyone have that quote? I swear to God I've seen it before.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 07:40 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Somebody claimed this about the Force and Destiny rulebook:

"The F&D rulebook mentions that the researcher's book was immediately suppressed. The researcher didn't have access to any official Jedi records."

I have a PDF for the rulebook, but in the event I don't find the quotes, or I overlook them somehow, does anyone else maybe have those quotes?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 10:50 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

@Wolf or Azronger

Do either of you have the source which states flatly that Yoda couldn't overcome Dooku with the Force?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:21 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

This ones?
The two Force warriors attempted to defeat each other with displays of telekinesis and other Force abilities, but they were too evenly matched.

-Lightsabers: A Guide to the Weapons of the Force

The two engaged in a titanic struggle of Force powers, neither besting the other.

-The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Credit to Azgod

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:34 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

No. The one that just flat states Yoda is unable to and doesn't mention their engagement.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:39 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Either it's this, or Nova's RT doesn't seems to have it.

The old Master was so accomplished in every aspect of the Force that until the Battle of Geonosis he had rarely needed to resort to his weapon. When he did, he proved as masterful with it as without.

Source: http://imgur.com/84WNvvI (Star Wars Fact File)

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:48 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Nope.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:56 PM
Haschwalth

nah their is another one, check the Dooku/yoda circumstance thread I think.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 07:07 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote