KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Palp's terrible first name

Does "Sheev" name suck
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Jmangoman tier 10 55.56%
Yes 4 22.22%
No 2 11.11%
It's as awesome as bbq bacon burger 2 11.11%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Palp's terrible first name
Started by: JKBart

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Palp's terrible first name

Why do Palpatine fans love to refer to him as "Sheev", lol?

This name is my absolute top 10 of the worst sounding names that don't fit the character at all. And Palp's been referred to as Palpatine/Sidious for literally a decade. Why do people that supposedly like him try to force this new name of his down the throats of others like it's suddenly his most iconic title or something?

This name sucks ass lmao.

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 06:34 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

A sheev is a slang term in Ara bic for a man who gives up his anus for money

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 06:39 PM
Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I'm always gonna call him Palpatine. He didn't need a first name, that name could work for both.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Jesus christ, Sheev is no great name, but voting for the first opinion? That's like comparing a punch in the face with lifelong torture, kbro's arguments, and medicroe german rap.

now gimme my money bart

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

I've gotten used to it, although to be fair, even Sheev himself said he's rejected his first name in_Darth Plagueis, so I guess they made it intentionally disturbing.

For actual fitting names, I'd have suggested "Machvell." It's derived from Niccolò Machiavelli, a renaissance philosopher and political theorist who wrote a book on how to be a good dictator. "Machvell Palpatine" would've been fitting and not sound out of place, in my opinion.

Last edited by Azronger on Nov 14th, 2017 at 10:46 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think the name Robert would have suited him.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 10:49 PM
Click here to Send ziggtard a Private Message Find more posts by ziggtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
I've gotten used to it, although to be fair, even Sheev himself said he's rejected his first name in_Darth Plagueis, so I guess they made it intentionally disturbing.

For actual fitting names, I'd have suggested "Machvell." It's derived from Niccolò Machiavelli, a renaissance philosopher and political theorist who wrote a book on how to be a good dictator. "Machvell Palpatine" would've been fitting and not sound out of place, in my opinion.
“Machvell” is way to obviously a play-on to Machiavelli.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 10:57 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Well yeah, but at least it makes sense and fits him. Got any better suggestions?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I just think Star Wars needs to start avoiding completely on-the-nose names for villains (ex. Savage Opress). Like, I’m surprised there isn’t already a Darth Evil character, lmao.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 11:19 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Sheev does fit. It's based on Shiva. Most names from Naboo are based Hindu/Sanskrit names and words, so Sheev continues that pattern.

But, yeah, it still sounds pretty stupid.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 11:19 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Azronger
Well yeah, but at least it makes sense and fits him. Got any better suggestions?

Michael, Jason, Tomas, John Wayne, Greg.. etc are all pretty good.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 11:38 PM
Click here to Send ziggtard a Private Message Find more posts by ziggtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Dantius would have been a good first name.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:18 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

It's a dumb name, but it's so amusing you can't help but use it.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:27 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sheev and Jard; rulers of the galaxy!

at least his name isn't elan sleazebaggano...

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:41 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Sheev is a garbage name.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:55 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by The Merchant
Dantius would have been a good first name.

Is that derived from Dante Alighieri? He's the poet who wrote Divine Comedy which details the modern depiction of hell. I mean, I could see Sheev being a satanic figure, but I never really got that vibe from him. He's more about darkness, death, the void, unending despair, and so on. Not so much about fire or brimstone or anything like that.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 07:46 AM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by ares834
Sheev does fit. It's based on Shiva. Most names from Naboo are based Hindu/Sanskrit names and words, so Sheev continues that pattern.

But, yeah, it still sounds pretty stupid.

What Hindu/Sanskrit names or words are Cosinga, Vidar Kim, Bon Tapalo, Ars Veruna, Sio Bibble, Panaka, Padmé Naberrie Amidala, etc. based on?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 07:52 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Why couldn't he just me a mononym? Like Teller. Or Cher.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 05:23 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by The_Tempest
It's a dumb name, but it's so amusing you can't help but use it.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 05:26 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

One of the few things I agree with Jensaarai on is how Palpatine's name [should've been] Cosinga and rejected the name because he hated his father.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:45 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote