KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Slavation or damnation? A new trilogy announced !

Slavation or damnation? A new trilogy announced !
Started by: Revanchiste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Revanchiste

Slavation or damnation? A new trilogy announced !

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

slavation

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 07:54 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Salvation

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:02 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Not holding my breath, but kudos I suppose for putting that much faith into a director whose movie isn't out yet.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:12 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

For the Disney Studio? It's gonna make them money. For us? It's going to offer us more mediocre adaptions set in a once grand universe. Maybe we'll get some cool stuff. So positive I guess?

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:58 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

I awaited this for years but the people behind it eeerrrrrrrrfffff...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:45 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Great news. It's Disney's property and as long as it makes money and produces great films what's the issue. Disney is fantastic.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:00 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Great news. It's Disney's property and as long as it makes money and produces great films what's the issue. Disney is fantastic.

The problem is, making more movies would set in fatigue eventually, making more movies also means the possibilities of said movies not living up to expectations.

Less would be more in such a case, we've already had 2 trilogies, now they're making a 3rd and 4th along with a bunch of anthology movies? So 12 movies total for all 4 trilogies + who knows how many anthology movies. You can see where Star Wars fatigue might set in and that isn't a good thing.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:05 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Zenwolf
The problem is, making more movies would set in fatigue eventually, making more movies also means the possibilities of said movies not living up to expectations.

Less would be more in such a case, we've already had 2 trilogies, now they're making a 3rd and 4th along with a bunch of anthology movies? So 12 movies total for all 4 trilogies + who knows how many anthology movies. You can see where Star Wars fatigue might set in and that isn't a good thing.
Has that worked against marvel studios ? **** no. They are booming. Making bad movies hurts any brand but making good to great movies improves the brand.

They aren't going to run this into the ground. People complained with it being too few movies not too many. Quit complaining and see what occurs. Given Disney's track record I'd bet on them not against them. Never a better time in terms of being a nerd and what's in the works across the movie genre in general.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:28 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

If it is like Rebels, it shall be an embodiment of Gehenna just as Rebels is.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Rebels makes me think of Gehenna, a valley in Jerusalem where ****ed up shit like child sacrifice to Pagan gods and torturing people with fire used to happen before Jesus's time, then in Jesus's time it was a sewage dump area. Jesus mentioned it numerous times to make a point, and in numerous versions of the Bible Gehenna was translated to hell or was believed to be a metaphor for Hell.

So Gehenna... a place of torture and child sacrifice, a sewage dump, and what some people believe to be an allegory for hell... sums up Rebels pretty well.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 04:06 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by quanchi112
Has that worked against marvel studios ? **** no. They are booming. Making bad movies hurts any brand but making good to great movies improves the brand.

They aren't going to run this into the ground. People complained with it being too few movies not too many. Quit complaining and see what occurs. Given Disney's track record I'd bet on them not against them. Never a better time in terms of being a nerd and what's in the works across the movie genre in general.

Because Superheroes are the new thing right now, eventually that'll get old too.

Who says I'm complaining? I'm just saying is all what might happen.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 04:09 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Because Superheroes are the new thing right now, eventually that'll get old too.

Who says I'm complaining? I'm just saying is all what might happen.
We are going on ten years and are getting more super hero films than ever and you're saying just one Star Wars film a year will burn out ? Seriously.

Anything can fail but I doubt it since Disney is behind the curtain. Infinity War is ten years in the making. It's never been a more exciting time for fantasy movie fans.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:16 PM
darthbane77

Slavation

Attachment: slavation2.png
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:22 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Super heroes are already old.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 05:31 PM