KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: Battlefront II - Gameplay

Star Wars: Battlefront II - Gameplay
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel95

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I'm quite concerned now.

While I'm semi-confident Disney wouldn't do something as stupid as making two non-Force sensitive nobodies from a video-game the highly-anticipated parents of their main new character in the Skywalker family saga, I feel threatened nonetheless.

EDIT: That's not to say Rey's parents have to be big-shot Jedi-in-training, but them being non Force sensitives would raise far more questions than answers.

How would the film even present that?

"Your parents were Imperial Special Forces defectors... to learn more, check out Battlefront 2!"

That would be the most notoriously awful reveal in history, rofl.

Agreed. I’m really hoping they’re just fvcking with us

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:48 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big Gerald
Star Wars Expert

As if Electronic Arts are above such behavior.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:56 AM
Click here to Send Big Gerald a Private Message Find more posts by Big Gerald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

I'm quite concerned now.

While I'm semi-confident Disney wouldn't do something as stupid as making two non-Force sensitive nobodies from a video-game the highly-anticipated parents of their main new character in the Skywalker family saga, I feel threatened nonetheless.

EDIT: That's not to say Rey's parents have to be big-shot Jedi-in-training, but them being non Force sensitives would raise far more questions than answers.

How would the film even present that?

"Your parents were Imperial Special Forces defectors... to learn more, check out Battlefront 2!"

That would be the most notoriously awful reveal in history, rofl.

I honestly wouldn't put it past them.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:47 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

Originally posted by Big Gerald
As if Electronic Arts are above such behavior.

True. They have been voted worst company in the world twice I think.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:48 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

...the..the campaign is kinda cool tho.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 11:44 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Massive.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 02:35 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Was just about to post that. Went ahead and pre-ordered.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: 3 hours before game's release. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 02:38 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big Gerald
Star Wars Expert

They said they will reverse this change at some point after the launch. Progression is only cash-free for the time being, presumably to reverse the damages to sales brought by the press.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 02:50 AM
Click here to Send Big Gerald a Private Message Find more posts by Big Gerald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'm waiting to see what they replace the current progression system before buying it. But, yeah, this great news; news that I certainly never anticipated.

Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Big Gerald
They said they will reverse this change at some point after the launch. Progression is only cash-free for the time being, presumably to reverse the damages to sales brought by the press.

Nah. They said they will bring back purchases, not that progression being cash-free is temporary.

Based on the Reddit AMA, I think they'll remodel the lootboxes into a cosmetic store like clone trooper skins.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big Gerald
Star Wars Expert

We shall see.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 03:19 AM
Rebel95

Anyone know how/if you can view your online stats like total kills, score, kill death ratio, etc? I've been trying to figure that out

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 03:47 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by ares834
I'm waiting to see what they replace the current progression system before buying it. But, yeah, this great news; news that I certainly never anticipated.

Apparently Disney grilled EA's ass after the reddit fiasco. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 05:28 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by NewGuy01

Ironically this is coming from the same company who is forcing theaters to show TLJ for two-three more weeks than normal, asking for an extra 20% share of the profits on top of their 50% share(?) and are basically killing small business.

Still, when a company that's doing THAT grills you for how greedy you're being, it's saying a lot about how shitty you are LMAO

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 05:42 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Nah, Disney doesn't give a fuck about the greed. They just don't want the bad press about their property. Prolly just called and said, "You fix this before I break my foot in your ass."

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 06:18 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by NewGuy01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Mw8SeHC-U&t=2m40s

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 06:51 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Anakin and Dooku DLC coming in February, according to leaks.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 09:12 PM
TheNuisanceBird

Anakin and Dooku DLC coming in February, according to leaks.

The way their abilities are described makes them sound legit.

Either way EA and DICE are gonna wanna fix their PR. Best done through more Clone Wars heroes.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 02:54 AM