KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Sam Witwer on The Force Unleashed

Sam Witwer on The Force Unleashed
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Shocked Sam Witwer on The Force Unleashed

"Starkiller is someone who could totally work in the Rebels continuity. The difficulty, though, is that he does these incredible Force feats. The way we conceived the game when we did it was that this was a Jedi tall-tale, like a legend. When Hayden Blackman pitched this to George... I believe David Collins was at this meeting when they set up this whole presentation for him. They did this video - it was all early concept and pre-rendered - of what a Jedi could do with Force powers. Instead of Force push just knocking someone over, it hit someone with like a cannonball, knocking them dozens of yards back. It took every Force power, and what they pitched to George, and amping it up to eleven. It was really doing an over-the-top game where the Force is just ridiclous. George's comment was, 'that is perfect for a game.' George approved it, but it is important to remember he approved it as a game concept... Force Unleashed was trying to pump up Force powers to a point we never seen before in the movies. If you take the story literally that all those things happened, it maybe breaks Star Wars because of the over-the-top Force powers. It wasn't just Starkiller's powers who were amped. All of the Jedi you face in the game - their powers are also amped, so everyone is up to a level eleven, which is why it is called The Force Unleashed. The thing is, the story itself was about a powerful Force-user, and the heart of the story - the events of the story - for the most part still fit into Canon."

- Sam Witwer, https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200596530

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 02:56 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

This already sounds something he said before save the first line. That said compared to the other aspects with the EU it’s not over the top at all. That said I’d rather they not bring in Starkiller to Rebels.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

He's said this before.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 04:04 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

(please log in to view the image)

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 10:23 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Selenial
(please log in to view the image)
laughing

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 02:45 PM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote