KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » do you prefer TFA or post-ROTJ EU covers same time

do you prefer TFA or post-ROTJ EU
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
TFA 3 33.33%
post-ROTJ EU 5 55.56%
neither 1 11.11%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

do you prefer TFA or post-ROTJ EU covers same time
Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
redpill

Love do you prefer TFA or post-ROTJ EU covers same time

rolling on floor laughing

do you prefer TFA or post-ROTJ EU that cover same time span

do you prefer the story of kylo ren and snoke with sidious dead

or post-ROTJ EU

sidious survives in clone bodies, attacks luke and leia with mara jade the youzon vong attack luke, jacen solo falling to dark side like kylo ren then luke and leia fight abeloth

first order vs youzon vong

sidious return via clone bodies or snoke

rey or mara jade

ben solo vs jacen solo

i've never been a fan of sidious surviving and being even more powerful through clone bodies so sick

IMO TFA rolling on floor laughing

smokin'

Last edited by redpill on Nov 21st, 2017 at 06:50 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 06:46 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Post-ROTJ cause it doesn’t make everything the Rebellion did seem pointless. Plus it’s more fleshed out with material and characters that I like.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 08:14 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

EU, but I liked TFA all the same.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 08:17 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

not letting me quote, but with Sidious back alive with clone bodies it makes vader's sacrifice pointless.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 08:42 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Yeah, I hated DE because of that. Basically renders the whole "Chosen One" deal as inaccurate as ****, and makes Vader's death pointless.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 08:52 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane77
Yeah, I hated DE because of that. Basically renders the whole "Chosen One" deal as inaccurate as ****, and makes Vader's death pointless.
that's not entirely true. When Sidious died in Brand's body, the souls of every past Jedi acted to stop Sidious from resurrecting again. So in a way, Anakin still helped stop him for good.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 08:59 PM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by deathslash
that's not entirely true. When Sidious died in Brand's body, the souls of every past Jedi acted to stop Sidious from resurrecting again. So in a way, Anakin still helped stop him for good.

now its letting me quote.

the prophesy is anakin would bring balance not the souls of every past Jedi acted to stop Sidious from resurrecting again

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 09:18 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Re: do you prefer TFA or post-ROTJ EU covers same time

Originally posted by redpill

first order vs youzon vong

The vong, easily.

quote:
sidious return via clone bodies or snoke

Too early to say.

quote:
rey or mara jade

Mara Jade.

quote:
ben solo vs jacen solo

Jacen.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 09:25 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

now its letting me quote.

the prophesy is anakin would bring balance not the souls of every past Jedi acted to stop Sidious from resurrecting again
two things.

1. Anakin already failed at bringing balance when he let the Ones die.

2. That prophecy is incredibly vague and doesn't specify how he would bring balance to the force.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 09:26 PM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The EU has been far superior so far.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 09:50 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Canonically speaking, he brought balance by destroying all three of them. The Father says as much.

quote:
2. That prophecy is incredibly vague and doesn't specify how he would bring balance to the force.

Lucas has explicitly stated the prophecy was "to destroy the Sith."

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

two things.

in TFA Anakin fullfills it by killing Sidious DEAD. Snoke arrives

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 10:09 PM
Zenwolf

not letting me quote, but with Sidious back alive with clone bodies it makes vader's sacrifice pointless.

Yeah, how'd I know that comes up.

Aside from the obvious the story was written before any of the whole Chosen One thing, Vader's sacrifice wasn't pointless. He saved pretty much the whole galaxy by killing Sidious.

Now if you wanna grab something that was put into Canon nearly a decade later, well since when are prophecies absolute? Nothing is ever set in stone with this sort of thing and honestly, Sidious being able to thwart a prophecy is more easier to swallow given what he's touted as.

But I'm suppose to be ok with the FO wiping out pretty much the whole of the NR and putting everything back to square one? So everything the Rebellion gave, including the killing of Sidious, just became moot if you wanna go there. Because now there's the big bad lurking in the galaxy with dark powers up against a Resistance group of fighters..

But lets just put that obvious aside, they haven't really done anything in TFA timeline to compare the two.

Meanwhile, Legends post-ROTJ has a lot more to work with, a lot more characters, so on and so forth, it's been more elaborated on.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Nov 22nd, 2017 at 02:29 AM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 02:21 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

TFA is way better than post-ROTJ EU. Not even close, rofl.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 02:27 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Yeah, how'd I know that comes up.

Aside from the obvious the story was written before any of the whole Chosen One thing, Vader's sacrifice wasn't pointless. He saved pretty much the whole galaxy by killing Sidious.

Now if you wanna grab something that was put into Canon nearly a decade later, well since when are prophecies absolute? Nothing is ever set in stone with this sort of thing and honestly, Sidious being able to thwart a prophecy is more easier to swallow given what he's touted as.

But I'm suppose to be ok with the FO wiping out pretty much the whole of the NR and putting everything back to square one? So everything the Rebellion gave, including the killing of Sidious, just became moot if you wanna go there. Because now there's the big bad lurking in the galaxy with dark powers up against a Resistance group of fighters..

But lets just put that obvious aside, they haven't really done anything in TFA timeline to compare the two.

Meanwhile, Legends post-ROTJ has a lot more to work with, a lot more characters, so on and so forth, it's been more elaborated on.

but Vader didnt kill Sidious in EU

Sidious had backup

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 02:30 AM
redpill

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
TFA is way better than post-ROTJ EU. Not even close, rofl.

if Disney hadn't wiped the old EU

and made movies on Sidious back with clone bodies

how would average movie goer feel seeing Sidious still alive post-ROTJ in clone bodies

and all the chosen one prophecy and vader's sacrifice

why not bring vader back in a clone body

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 02:32 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

if Disney hadn't wiped the old EU

and made movies on Sidious back with clone bodies

how would average movie goer feel seeing Sidious still alive post-ROTJ in clone bodies

and all the chosen one prophecy and vader's sacrifice

why not bring vader back in a clone body

They'd rightfully say it's retarded

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 02:34 AM
Zenwolf

but Vader didnt kill Sidious in EU

Sidious had backup

Except he did kill him, he just came back, that doesn't negate that he didn't kill him initially.

Also is that really all you're taking from my post? Come on now.

It's how I view it, the NR in Canon was needlessly swept away when the story could have still worked with the NR involved fighting the FO.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 02:34 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Except he did kill him, he just came back, that doesn't negate that he didn't kill him initially.

Yes it does?

It turns Vader's 100 to like a 32.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 02:36 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Yes it does?

It turns Vader's 100 to like a 32.

No it doesn't, Sidious died, he just came back from death. If someone dies and they come back from the dead after it was confirmed they died, it doesn't mean they still didn't die the first time, they were still dead.

Also if you guys are just gonna rag on me for my opinion here, then I don't see why this thread was made in the first place.

This isn't even my point...sheesh.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 02:40 AM