KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What Killed KMC?

What Killed Star Wars debate?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Azronger 2 6.90%
Ant's Anakin/Gillard tier system wank 6 20.69%
Tempest forsaking us 0 0%
New Guy's apathy 1 3.45%
Wolfmyth joining 5 17.24%
Zenwolf being pedantic 1 3.45%
Lack of new members 10 34.48%
Blasphemers refusing to show the headsite manager ( Bart ) proper respect 4 13.79%
Total: 29 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What Killed KMC?
Started by: UCanShootMyNova

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MythLord
Diamond

I voted that it all went to hell because of that Wollfmyth cvnt. What gives him the nerve to walk upon this sacred land?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 12:19 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
The Devil of Hell's Kitchen, that's what.

thumb up

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 04:43 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Nephthys
No it's not, I'm a ghost.

And you should stay dead

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 05:19 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Just wanted to say, I honestly feel that Ant's Anakin/Gillard tier system wank completely killed what little debate was left.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 05:22 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

And is is a bad thing if Anakin is now ranked by most people where he should be ranked? All the facts point to him being on Yoda's level by RotS. What's the point in denying them? How did that kill anything?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 05:46 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

I'm saying that these tiers being used as the be all end all made the placements even more fixed then they already were, and, as a result, made debating characters on different tiers pointless killing a large part of debate on the forum given a lot of the debate remaining was based around PT era characters.

Your attempt to standardize things is one of the reasons you're on the poll.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 06:07 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

If facts make you not want to debate, sounds more like a personal problem than a problem with anyone else.

Anyway, the reason this place is dead is because everything from Star Wars has been ****ing awful and boring since SWTOR and the Disney take over. Any new content has been suspect, ala TFA, or involving characters we already know. This is of course ignoring Rebels, in which everyone introduced is terrible. This coupled with how miserable even speaking to half the people here can be would kill just about any forum, let alone a small one like this.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 07:03 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Only one of them? Come, don't be afraid - no point in hiding anything. I want to hear the reasons for this hatred I find so appetizing.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 07:07 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
If facts make you not want to debate, sounds more like a personal problem than a problem with anyone else.

The thing is, they're not fact. Gillard saying T9 is the highest tier and swordsman on that level are all equal doesn't make it so. If that were the case then no character could be a superior saber combatant to the likes of RotS Sidious or RotS Yoda which doesn't make sense given the mechanics of the Force. A more powerful individual with better augmentation but equal skill should logically be above them.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 07:31 PM
UCanShootMyNova

There's also the attempt by those who wanked the system to have it both ways. Sometimes they tried to claim it related to overall ability as a saber combatant and other times they tried to claim it was only in regards to technical skill. Whatever worked best for their wank at the time.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 07:33 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

It was never stated to be restricted to saber combat at all, so I agree that claiming it's only in regards to technical skill is retarded.

Your attempt to hang the blame for KMC's lack of activity on an argument you don't like is cute, though.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 07:53 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up

It's stated to be gauge how two combatants would fare in a fight.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 08:03 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

-

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Nov 26th, 2017 at 08:14 PM

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 08:06 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by NewGuy01
It was never stated to be restricted to saber combat at all, so I agree that claiming it's only in regards to technical skill is retarded.

Your attempt to hang the blame for KMC's lack of activity on an argument you don't like is cute, though.

I think it killed a lot of the debate regarding highly used characters like Dooku, Mace, Maul, Obi Wan, etc.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 09:06 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
thumb up

It's stated to be gauge how two combatants would fare in a fight.

Key word there being "gauge."

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 09:06 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Hence why it's a tier system and not "Anakin is 9.45254, etc."

The tier system has room for movement, hence why Mace can slide between a high 8 and a 9, TPM Kenobi from a 6 or 7, etc.

Since, you know, characters aren't static and can improve based on conditions - particularly via dark-side usage.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Nov 26th, 2017 at 09:23 PM

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 09:17 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I think it killed a lot of the debate regarding highly used characters like Dooku, Mace, Maul, Obi Wan, etc.

There's no need to debate on matters Lucas already has decreed a victor.

Mace is the factual superior to Dooku, Maul, or Obi-Wan.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 09:18 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
As people are still posting here. KMC, is by definition, not dead.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 10:46 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Mace is the factual superior to Dooku, Maul, or Obi-Wan.

We disagree on this.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 01:28 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

There's nothing to disagree about.

Lucas' word is factually absolute.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 01:29 AM