KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What Killed KMC?

What Killed Star Wars debate?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Azronger 2 6.90%
Ant's Anakin/Gillard tier system wank 6 20.69%
Tempest forsaking us 0 0%
New Guy's apathy 1 3.45%
Wolfmyth joining 5 17.24%
Zenwolf being pedantic 1 3.45%
Lack of new members 10 34.48%
Blasphemers refusing to show the headsite manager ( Bart ) proper respect 4 13.79%
Total: 29 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What Killed KMC?
Started by: UCanShootMyNova

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UCanShootMyNova

I disagree with your interpretation of Mace's ranking.

Your interpretation of Mace's ranking isn't equivalent to a statement by George Lucas even though I know you'd like to think so.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 01:30 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Entertain me.

Why's "my interpretation not equivalent to a statement by Lucas?"

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Nov 27th, 2017 at 01:41 AM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 01:34 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is shit to interpret man.

Mace is stated to be on tier 9 or bordering from 8 to 9. Either way, a 9.
Dooku is stated to be in tier 8.

9 > 8
8-9 range > 9

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 01:53 AM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 01:57 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Holy shit, it's Neph.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 02:08 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Entertain me.

Why's "my interpretation not equivalent to a statement by Lucas?"

I believe Mace's 8-9 ranking is referencing his use of Vaapad elevating his ability. This is due to his performance against the likes of Grievous and Dooku post Haruun Kal where his Vaapad should allow him to feed off Dooku's own darkness as well as his own.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 02:43 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

https://nightly.net/topic/3642-nick...e-chat-summary/

"• Mace (Sam) does not use "vaapad" (?) in Ep3, he does what Nick tells him to do for the scene."

In short, no, Vaapad is not a thing in the movieverse.

Gillard has consistently distanced himself from the lightsaber forms - Vaapad being among them.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 02:48 AM
UCanShootMyNova

I'm failing to see your point. We know for a fact Mace was using Vaapad in Episode III. Are you attempting to claim Gillard didn't take into account or know the in universe effect Vaapad would have on Mace because of that statement?

Because if that's the case, I personally find such an assumption to be a stretch and something I would need confirmation of. Not just the speculation of the mighty DarthAnt66.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Nov 27th, 2017 at 02:55 AM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 02:52 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Vaapad was created by the Expanded Universe, not George Lucas. As a result, it's not recognized by Lucasfilm when creating the movies. Lucas is constantly on recording stating that the Expanded Universe will not restrict him in any way, and while he may call upon it if necessary, he is no means beholden to it. To give an example, when making TCW, Lucas told his team to completely ignore all previous Expanded Universe content concerning the Clone Wars if there were any contradictions.

So, in this case, Lucas bestows upon Nick Gillard the authority to run the lightsaber fights based on the script and tier system that Lucas created. In Lucas' rankings, he has Mace legitimately capable of defeating Sidious, and at the very least a rival. Further, we know Vaapad is not used because Nick Gillard is on record saying so.

Thus, Mace can straight-up defeat Sidious without Vaapad factoring into it. You are trying to reconcile the fight with Vaapad, but that doesn't change Lucas' position that Mace can do it without Vaapad. So, you can have Mace as bordering on 9 without Vaapad, and then a tier 9 with Vaapad, but doing anything else would be contradicting Lucas and that isn't possible.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 03:04 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Perhaps Vaapad isn't recognized, but Mace's ability to become incredibly pissed off is, yes?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 03:43 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It stands to reason Mace did tap into the dark-side, hence why I like to believe bordering 8 is w/o the dark-side and 9 is with. thumb up

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 03:52 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Vaapad was created by the Expanded Universe, not George Lucas. As a result, it's not recognized by Lucasfilm when creating the movies. Lucas is constantly on recording stating that the Expanded Universe will not restrict him in any way, and while he may call upon it if necessary, he is no means beholden to it. To give an example, when making TCW, Lucas told his team to completely ignore all previous Expanded Universe content concerning the Clone Wars if there were any contradictions.

So, in this case, Lucas bestows upon Nick Gillard the authority to run the lightsaber fights based on the script and tier system that Lucas created. In Lucas' rankings, he has Mace legitimately capable of defeating Sidious, and at the very least a rival. Further, we know Vaapad is not used because Nick Gillard is on record saying so.

Thus, Mace can straight-up defeat Sidious without Vaapad factoring into it. You are trying to reconcile the fight with Vaapad, but that doesn't change Lucas' position that Mace can do it without Vaapad. So, you can have Mace as bordering on 9 without Vaapad, and then a tier 9 with Vaapad, but doing anything else would be contradicting Lucas and that isn't possible.

Can anybody tell me if Ant snuck a source stating what he claims in this post of if it's just more speculation on his part. Don't want to waste the energy if it doesn't.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 04:01 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

>blames ant for ruining debates
>refuses to participate in debate

thumb up

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 04:03 AM
cs_zoltan

Syn descending further into madness. Soon he'll be worse than AP.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 04:29 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Oh, so, Syn's problem is that two characters are now ranked higher than they used to be, and that in his opinion "killed a lot of the debate." Except that, what he is doing right now, is debating their position...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Retard.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 04:43 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

And no idea what debate was killed regarding Dooku, Maul, and Obi-Wan. All of them are ranked on the same level. What the hell did that kill? I hope nobody ever seriously contemplated the notion of someone like Kit Fisto beating any one of those guys.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 04:47 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

You must not have been around on CV a few years ago...

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 05:04 AM
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

nah, but I have Fisto just below Maul and Kenobi tbh

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 05:04 AM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Nah Bart. Obi Wan solos 3 opponents on that level.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/t644941.html

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 05:10 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

>says tier system led to death of kmc
>links to debate sparked by tier system

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 05:38 AM